Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Multimining/herbing

Hey!

So I rolled a Demon Hunter team and decided to dedicate them for gathering, mining+herbalism, and so far it has been a blast

All the nodes (except in Draenor) have been shared for a while, and depending on a market, it can be very profitable to multiharvest these nodes.

Fel Iron Deposits drop 0-3x Mote of Fire, and if you gather that node with 10 miners, you will receive 0-30x Mote of Fire, and every 10 motes can be turned into Primal Fire, which I have sold for 160g each primal. So basically one node can be worth more than 480g. These primals are reagents for Tome of Illusions: Outland, so there is still demand for them. For herbalists, Netherblooms can yield Mote of Mana etc.. and other tome mats such as pandaria gems or Eternal Water (10x crystallized water from cobalt nodes) for Northrend tomes and the list goes on..

If you stumble upon Titanium Vein while leveling, that's basically as many Titanium Veins as you have miners..
    10 miners = 50 Titanium Ores @ 70g each but do people buy them, that's a different story. According to TSM goblins; keep the supply up, everything will sell, just give it some time.

If your gatherers have same ish levels, the ores/herbs yield will be the same for each toon. If the first toon get a green flower, such as lotuses, the others will loot one as well. Same goes with blue gems and other side products, those motes, crystallized elements etc.. If you loot Elementium Geode pet from elementium vein, I guess each miner gets one as well. These veins drop also Volatile elements for Elemental Lords tome..

Prices on my realm
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...ategory/mining
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...gory/herbalism

So, Draenor nodes are not shared for some reason.. could be just a bug in a system. My friend reported from Legion beta, that nodes are shared, and that's just awesome news for my gathering team.
    Last edited by beeq : 08-16-2016 at 02:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by beeq View Post
    All the nodes (except in Draenor) have been shared for a while
    Really? thought this was new to this expansion! Or did you mean on beta?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Really? thought this was new to this expansion! Or did you mean on beta?
    Yeah on live at the moment, since 7.0.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    July 26; In Draenor, mining and herbalism nodes are no longer able to be looted by multiple people at once. (This hotfix requires server restarts.)
    I don't understand why this hotfix though..

This is almost making me want to play again, stop it you!

Literally printing gold
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    This is almost making me want to play again, stop it you!

Literally printing gold
    Haha! Welcome back!

Sincerely,
    Satan's little helper

Actually I haven't found any decent markets for these trade goods, but it's always good to know that you can easily farm like 200x Khorium Ore (or Gromsblood for detect demon potions.. or anything really) in less than 30 minutes.. I just leveled my gatherers for Cataclysm nodes, moving on to Pandaria possibly today..
    Last edited by beeq : 08-17-2016 at 03:37 AM

too bad nodes are not targetable

Quote Originally Posted by beeq View Post
    I don't understand why this hotfix though..
    the hotfix is fine, what makes no sense is why is this in the game to begin with...

this is clearly there for the Legion Profession world quests that have persistent nodes, to allow other players to mine while the event is up.

the fact that this is working on ALL nodes is clearly a bug and unintended. don't abuse this too much, you don't want to lose the first few months of the expac due to a ban.

i would recommend you to wait till the legion launch is done and check if they re enable the Wod nodes. if they do it means they meant old nodes to have this buff.
    Last edited by CMKCot : 08-21-2016 at 05:24 PM

if u watch the dev video on Professions they said they wonnted this to work everywhere in game the new muli mining but not skinning as they can not fix the market.

it seems there was some bug most likely is why it got removed from WoD nodes. or was not made to be tagged like this

In Legion beta the nodes are shared, and possibly will be also in live in a week. I didn't watch the video that Ebony mentioned, but I've been in a belief that node sharing indeed is intended, and multiharvesting is as abusive as doing dungeons on your own. WoD nodes are a bit different, as they spawn NPCs etc.. could be the reason for a hotfix (if something went wrong there)

Q: Why are skinners left at a disadvantage with multi-tap enemies, while miners and herbalists don’t have this problem? Multiple people can mine the same ore node, but multiple people can’t skin the same wolf.

A: Skinners have a different dynamic in that they can create an endless supply of their own gathering nodes by going and killing some animals. Or stumbling across corpses someone else left behind. However, Skinning might see changes to bring it in line with herbalism and mining depending on how Legion plays out.
    source
    Last edited by MiRai : 08-23-2016 at 05:47 PM Reason: Formatting

They explained in the gathering Q&A that skinning was at one time shared but they didn't like how players would walk into an area and see dozens of corpses everywhere waiting to expire.

There are different ways to handle it. Such as hiding corpses for people who are not capable skinners. Kinda like turning off points of interest in the map. That hasn't happened yet though so the corpse node will expire once a skinner has interacted with it.