Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 42

Default Lazy way to ilvl 700 gear (Fel Invasions)

If you haven't noticed / heard yet you can just AFK the invasions and you'll still get the XP and rewards.

I'm not normally one for AFKing == winning but if you're on a PvP server this is an easy way to get those invasion rewards in contested zones. (Hillsbrad is so much fun though, almost as good as the old days). On Sargeras the horde don't like to let the Alliance help with the invasions (Focus on PvP rather than the invasion), this is fun but since I'm in PvE gear it's kinda painful.

You'll also get XP if you have a team that hasn't hit 100 yet.

WoWScrnShot_081416_102036.jpg

TJObE5q.jpg

The named mobs also give you nethershards so during phase 3 you should tag them if you can. Also if you are not level 100 then you should not AFK as you receive exp from every mob you tag. And save your chests because they give gear based on your level when you open them not when you receive them.

As with your comments on PvP, Bleeding Hollow is the same. Everyone usually just tags the boss once so they get credit then kill off the opposing faction. The phasing never has equal sides, it always seems to be hundreds of one faction and half dozen of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    The named mobs also give you nethershards so during phase 3 you should tag them if you can. Also if you are not level 100 then you should not AFK as you receive exp from every mob you tag. And save your chests because they give gear based on your level when you open them not when you receive them.

As with your comments on PvP, Bleeding Hollow is the same. Everyone usually just tags the boss once so they get credit then kill off the opposing faction. The phasing never has equal sides, it always seems to be hundreds of one faction and half dozen of the other.
    Good to know about lowbies tagging. thanks!

Blog Entries

tagging mobs is giving my level 92/3 team almost no xp, only proceeding through phases matters.

Tagging mobs will get you the Shards to buy cloak/ring/trinket/weapon upgrades. Since you are leveling up primarily from the stage xp.. Why not increase your chance to have a stronger weapon instantly upon hitting that lvl 100 mark and being ready for legion leveling!

My lock team will be done sometime Thursday and they are going to be STRONG!

The exp you get from mobs depends on how many people are attacking it. At level 60 with just myself attacking I was getting 2500 exp, but if it was a mob everyone was attacking I was getting 20 exp.

I am going with the OP's suggestion and just AFK if you are low level. Anyways while the invasion mobs do scale to your level the PvP guys don't and one-shot you.

Blog Entries

There was a stealth nerf to XP rewards from invasions earlier today, more info below.
    Last edited by Hor : 08-16-2016 at 02:11 PM
    My Blog: SRS Business

Blog Entries

Here's the full rundown of the changes on the invasions with some math.

This change went into effect early this afternoon, number of invasions sites active simultaneously has increased from 2 to 3. Frequency has gone up from 2 every 3 hours to 3 every hour and a half. Meaning six active in the time that 2 would've been active previously, that's significant and will be important in a second.

I tested using a level 65 Priest I was working on. XP was cut in half per stage, currently at 65 it looks like this:
    Stage 1: 10150
    Stage 2: 20250
    Stage 3: 15200
    Stage 4: 30400

After a bit of quick math, I figured out that the XP nerf to Invasions still ends up being more raw XP per hour because of the increased occurrence of invasion sites.

456,000 XP VS 304,000 XP at level 65 in a single 3 hour interval.

That was calculated with full heirlooms and no potions, considering the XP nerf I wouldn't recommend using potions at all right now for Invasions.
    My Blog: SRS Business

How does this compare to say WoD questing ya think? I have just started to run my 1st team through the 90-100 run and I forgot how much I hate questing.

Just skim read this, if it wasnt already stated or known , dont open the boxes till lvl 100 so they all scale to max lvl gear.