Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Riders of Icarus?

Nexon's FTP Riders of Icarus is in open beta and it's been quite fun.

I added the game to Innerspace and then created an Isboxer profile to see if I can run two accounts, but was unsuccessful as it gives me a "client already running" error.

The game is run off a launcher like a lot of games out there, but I can't seem to find a way to get it to work.

Any suggestions?
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Find what is determining whether it is running already, and make a virtual file for it.

Most of the time it is handled by a mutex. You can find these by using a tool such as Process Explorer, selecting the game process and pressing CTRL+H to view the handles. Scroll down until you find the mutants/semaphores. The most likely one will be a mutant, although be aware that there are some mutants that are used anyway, so most programs will already have 3 or 4 of these. The trick is to figure out which ones are the standard ones Standard ones are like \sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\blahdeblah.

If it happens to be detecting an existing process by executable name, that means you'd need two copies of the executable. This is fairly rare though.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    Find what is determining whether it is running already, and make a virtual file for it.

Most of the time it is handled by a mutex. You can find these by using a tool such as Process Explorer, selecting the game process and pressing CTRL+H to view the handles. Scroll down until you find the mutants/semaphores. The most likely one will be a mutant, although be aware that there are some mutants that are used anyway, so most programs will already have 3 or 4 of these. The trick is to figure out which ones are the standard ones Standard ones are like \sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\blahdeblah.

If it happens to be detecting an existing process by executable name, that means you'd need two copies of the executable. This is fairly rare though.
    Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.

How do I do this part.

Virtual File Wzard, select Other, enter the name of the mutex (you should only need the bit after the last \), Hit next, select the characters you want to apply it to, hit OK (or Finish).

Thanks!

Curious, can i follow this in order to dual box this game?

Thanks