Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Dang it! I thought it was always crz lol!
    Well, it was "cross realm phaseable", meaning that you could phase over to other realms in the zones (unlike for example SW and Orgrimmar, which were striggly realm based), but it wasn't "openly" CRZ. The difference is that now the system automatically phases in people from multiple realms to try to populate each phasing of the zone, instead of only moving people between phases based on group tags.

Don't forget Fel-overseer Mudlump -- he also drops 100-200 garrison resources per each toon, as well as the Spike-toed booterang (20g to vendor, lol).

<3 Rush Work Orders for the Barn, and thank god I farmed ~1500 before the pre-patch.

Here are some of the things I've been up to lately for making gold, I hope such a lengthy reply isn't unwelcome and people find something of use here.

With the new patch, as most of you know, all outdoor areas / NPCs (for the most part) have multi-tapping enabled, allowing 5 players to acquire loot from each NPC. This might be the the single greatest thing ever for multiboxers!

Many of you might remember farming Ancient Guo-Lai Cache keys (see the link below). Well, I went to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms yesterday as an experiment to see how profitable this might be with my team of 5 druids. In something like 20 minutes, I got about 30 of them, I probably could have done better but my looting strategy held me back -- I became so used to using Findle's Loot-a-rang (which can only be used in Draenor now) so it took me awhile with IWT. Skyshards also drop, I actually got one from a cache, which I don't ever remember that happening during MoP (I used to farm ~100-200 keys/day back then, for several months) -- also, apparently Alani (who you kill after you activate your Sky Crystal [10 skyshards]) is 5-tappable also, I noticed people advertising in trade chat that were selling spots in their groups for a kill. I'm not sure about Royal Satchel (28 slot bag) sales these days, but Imperial Silk still drops from the Guo-Lai caches, as well as the Treasures of the Vale boxes (MoP ore/herbs/skins/enchanting reagents) -- you can mill the herbs and make ink, trade the ink down and make Mysterious Fortune cards, also the ore is valuable for making Living Steel for the MoP crafted mounts from engineering and jewelcrafting. I think there will be far more lucrative opportunities in Legion, but this might be something to play around with right now.

For those of you with teams who have barns in the garrison and tailoring, multi-tapping elites in Tanaan (Throne of Kil'Jaeden, Ruins of Kra'nak especially) will give you primal spirits for each toon. This also means many more Baleful tokens, which aren't completely worthless: you can disenchant them and trade the dust for primal spirits, then use the excess fur from your rush work orders and craft Hexweave Bags. Savage bloods can be traded at the trading post for 50g each, I have about 2000 (100,000g!!!) sitting in my inventory. If you want to make 700-1400 extra garrison resources for each toon by killing 7 rare elites in Tanaan & Nagrand, see the earlier part of this post for the list (+ Fel-Overseer Mudlump, he's standing in the Hellfire Citadel courtyard). Note that these NPCs are tappable with more than 5, there's probably not a limit. If you want even more resources, go and look for the treasure chests located around the apexis daily areas in Tanaan. If you broadcast & make all of your toons click on one at the same time, they all get garrison resources (something like 20-50) and a chance at baleful tokens. Since the advent of CRZ, it's been kind of difficult to hunt for these, but not impossible.

I hope this helps! Let me know your questions/comments.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87779/ancient-guo-lai-cache-key

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86547/skyshard

Quote Originally Posted by Phrygean View Post
    I hope this helps! Let me know your questions/comments.
    Where in the vale of eternal blossoms do you farm the keys at? Anywhere or specific spot?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Where in the vale of eternal blossoms do you farm the keys at? Anywhere or specific spot?
    Most of the NPCs that start with "Shao-tien" in their name drop them, but if you're looking for Skyshards also, kill anything and everything in the vale pretty much. The rares also drop them. For a full list, check out this link: http://www.wowhead.com/item=87779/an...-lai-cache-key

Managed to get around 4mil gold without trying over the last 6-7 months. Since Legion will be the same (order hall missions have the potential to give tons of gold), I'm not going to do anything special in that regard... just play the game and let the gold come to me
    Last edited by Pazgaz : 08-13-2016 at 04:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    Managed to get around 4mil gold without trying over the last 6-7 months. Since Legion will be the same (order hall missions have the potential to give tons of gold), I'm not going to do anything special in that regard... just play the game and let the gold come to me
    How did you run garrisons with multiple teams? I had 11 toons at that point on the same bnet and could not be bothered to check them every day. I cant imagine 25-30 toons now....

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    How did you run garrisons with multiple teams? I had 11 toons at that point on the same bnet and could not be bothered to check them every day. I cant imagine 25-30 toons now....
    If you used the add-on Master Plan (who didn't?), then sending followers on missions took very little time.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

i used to run missions twice a day. on all 11 teams it took around 20 minutes. and yeah, i used master plan and a few other addons that made life very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrygean View Post
    With the new patch, as most of you know, all outdoor areas / NPCs (for the most part) have multi-tapping enabled, allowing 5 players to acquire loot from each NPC. This might be the the single greatest thing ever for multiboxers!
    As mentioned elsewhere, you can get loot for 9 toons from any outworld mobs by running two parties (4man+5man) but you have to make sure that any toon from 4man party taps the mob first, and then someone from 5man party need to hit the mob before it dies -> 9x loot

To play safe with two 4man parties, you can make a tap hotkey which will fire a pulling spell (arcane explosion for example) from each party leader -> 8x loot