Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Question Jamba interacting

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have to been trying to get Jamba working. I figured out how to set up the core team and follow. I am still quite unsure how I can get the slave to pick up items that the master decide to pick up.

I went through the guide with click to move enabled, and have my "delete" key as interact with target and pushed the setting over to the my slave. What I am unsure is in the guide it says I'll need to make a macro, is this the macro in jamba or WoW?

Is it required that these interaction in between master and slave requires key cloning program or jamba will be able to handle this?

I have been stuck for a while figuring out the interacting issue. I will very much appreciate if anyone can help me out and clarifying this. Thank you.

JAMBA is simply an add-on for multiboxers in World of Warcraft which provides a bit of convenience. If you wish to broadcast your input from your keyboard or mouse, then you will need either software, or hardware to do so.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks for clarifying. I was quite confused at first thinking that Jamba would be able to do all the work.
    Are key broadcasting software considered as a 3rd party program that will get the WoW account banned?

**Note: I am not an official source by any means, so take everything below with a grain of salt as it is only my understanding on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by komxela View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I was quite confused at first thinking that Jamba would be able to do all the work.
    Are key broadcasting software considered as a 3rd party program that will get the WoW account banned?
    Well... The programs are 3rd party as they are not made by Blizzard. However the use of 3rd party software in itself is not and can not be a bannable offense, as it would be completely impossible to play the game without the use of things like hardware drivers, Direct X or an operating system, all of which are also 3rd party software. The limitations have to do with software that are considered cheats and/or automation. As of right now standard key broadcasting does not fall under such a definition.

From the current WoW (EU) Terms of Use:
    AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY "ADDON" OR "MOD," THAT IN BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S SOLE DETERMINATION:
    (1) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE;
    (2) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT; OR
    (3) INTERCEPTS, "MINES," OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    So, it's all about what the software does and how you use it. What I mean by that is, that some boxing software does have functionality that you can use in a way that would be considered against the rules. For example delays, or "scripts" that would trigger multiple actions from a single keypress. While the functionality is there, it does not mean the software in itself is not allowed. For example my Razer mouse and Logitech keyboard can do the exact same thing through their individual configurations softwares, both of which are perfectly allowed. It is simply up to the player to NOT use the software in this way.

The general guide line for WoW is that 1 keypress can only trigger 1 ingame action per client, and those actions should not be anything you can not achieve through the API or standard WoW macros.

I'll also mention that we've had expressed acceptance of multiboxing as a "tolerated but not officially supported" way of playing the game from Blizzard on multiple occasions. They are perfectly aware of the software solutions we utilize, and have no problem with them, as long as you follow the rules.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 08-02-2016 at 07:01 AM