Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Soloing dungeons with a 5x team

Okay guys this is my very first time here. After 2 days of setting everything up and getting everything to work smoothly i have started boxxing a 5x team of Huntards in WoW.

Now everything was going smooth apart from one thing.

When i watched Mirais Video, i saw him using IWT or AssistTarget to make the slaves loot the corpse, the master is targeting right now.

How? I've tried all kinds of stuff in IsBoxer setup, tried it in Jamba and i tried Macros, none of it works. How do i do that?

1: Everytime i have to loot corpses for a quest i have to go into broadcasting mode and its a clusterfuck. How do i make my slaves loot the corpse i am targeting?

Now to my main question.

After leveling my 5 huntards for a while i came to a realization and kept head banging my head onto my keyboard.

Why? Because my plan was to power level my toons (im Rafing myself) and i cant queue with 5x huntards.

Now here comes my question.

2: Is there a ranged class/spec that lets you play every role in the dungeon? I heard something about druid boomkins but nothing specific. I hate questing too much

3: Any other tips for leveling/chars/boxxing setup/macros whatever is welcome

Ill give this a go but I am pretty new myself...

1. You need to setup ISBoxer to IWT - Under KeyMaps / Non-Combat there is a Interact With Target. I think by default its not configured to an actual key in game.

2. Druid is the only class that has all 3 roles and can stay ranged. But you can always just run to the instance and manually zone in and out.

3. If you have a higher level toon then boosting is pretty fast imho. Use the high level toon to group with 4 of the toons and just keep running through the instance. There is a "My Leveling Plan 1-90" in the WoW Forums here.

Just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    Ill give this a go but I am pretty new myself...

1. You need to setup ISBoxer to IWT - Under KeyMaps / Non-Combat there is a Interact With Target. I think by default its not configured to an actual key in game.

2. Druid is the only class that has all 3 roles and can stay ranged. But you can always just run to the instance and manually zone in and out.

3. If you have a higher level toon then boosting is pretty fast imho. Use the high level toon to group with 4 of the toons and just keep running through the instance. There is a "My Leveling Plan 1-90" in the WoW Forums here.

Just my two cents...
    Hey thanks for the quick response mang!

1: I'll look into that. Questing is a pain in the butt because of that right now. It still works but its annoying.

2: Is it like this, that every spec of Druid can play one of each role, or can a single spec play all 3 roles?

Yeah i know i can just run to the instance myself. Thing is the instances are spread all over the world as far as i know and it would kill the power leveling because i would spend so much time walking around/traveling the world.

3: Interesting. I do have some geared up 100's, but unfortunately they are Horde, and my boxxing Team is alliance...

The most successful loot/interact I've found is setting up two IWT keys in ISBoxer.

Let's assume I use "W" for my IWT key.

Key 1:
    --> Interact with Target (PRESS) (Hotkey: W)
    -------> Execute a step when the hotkey is PRESSED
    --> Steps:
    -----> Step 1:
    ---------> Do "Click to Move ON" in "Always On" key map -> all other
    ---------> Do "Assist Me" in "Non-combat" key map -> self
    ---------> WoW macro "Fetch/loot-a-rang" in "Quick Setup 41" -> all

Key 2:
    --> Interact with Target (RELEASE) (Hotkey: W)
    -------> Execute a step when the hotkey is RELEASED
    --> Steps:
    -----> Step 1:
    ---------> <Interact with Target> -> all
    ---------> Do "Click to Move OFF" in "Always On" key map -> all other

So what this does is turns off the click-to-move feature UNLESS I'm specifically interacting with target. Keeps me from clicking somewhere accidentally and having runaways. And it always turns that back off on everyone else just in case it somehow got left on.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks for that, i will try that out and see if i have any questions afterwards.

Great support for newbs so far