Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shipyard

Default Shipyard

Is there any reason to even create it and run the missions at this point? I just came back before patch and just got the shipyard on my team so I want to know if I should just let it go and not bother.

TY
    Life is like and Ice Cream Cone, you have to enjoy it before it melts;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSeekerUSA View Post
    Is there any reason to even create it and run the missions at this point? I just came back before patch and just got the shipyard on my team so I want to know if I should just let it go and not bother.

TY
    Shipyard, no, not really.

There is a Left Shark pet that drops there occasionally, but you'll find it in the AH for like 1g. There are also 18 hour missions that drop baleful gear, but that takes 5 minutes in Tanaan jungle.

There is a shipyard mission for acquiring the legendary ring. If you plan on getting that you best hurry as it will no longer be possible when the expansion comes out. I am told but unable to verify that you had to have started the quest chain before the pre-expansion patch and have until the expansion to complete it.

The garrison missions, sure maybe. While there are no more gold missions there are still some rare missions such as a BoE mount, toy, reputation items, all that can still be sold in the AH for a pretty good amount of gold. But those missions are seldom enough you can live without.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSeekerUSA View Post

TY
    The Heirloom Rings are from the shipyard.

I also forgot to mention fish. Once you get your ships up to epic put a fishing net on each one. You'll get all the Draenor fishing achievements and rumor has it the turtle mount will drop this way as well. Though I have been trying for ages and just fish so far, might have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
    The Heirloom Rings are from the shipyard.
    This! You need to look it up becuase there are pre-reqs for the ring missions to come up ( i think its killing a named that drops a needed item )

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I also forgot to mention fish. Once you get your ships up to epic put a fishing net on each one. You'll get all the Draenor fishing achievements and rumor has it the turtle mount will drop this way as well. Though I have been trying for ages and just fish so far, might have been removed.
    I did not know this!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I did not know this!
    Comments on it here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=127894/t...g-net#comments

I put the net on all ships for every toon on my main team of 5 and have been doing this since my shipyard was made. Still no turtle mount. I will assume the comments are correct and its just low drop rate and bad RNG luck on my part.

Blog Entries

I've been raid fishing while my ships gather fish for me. Got one turtle last night, and tons of junk. The search continues for the epic turtle.
    My Blog: SRS Business

I can now verify that the turtle mount does indeed drop from using the fishing net on shipyard missions.

turtleachiev.gif

turtle.gif

Very low drop rate, but it does drop. You receive all the Draenor fishing achievements as well without ever having to actually fish.