Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Default Having Issues with Gnome Sequencer and IS Boxer

Was wondering if anyone has encountered this as well.
    I recently installed Gnome Sequencer to clean up my bars and macros across the toons I box.
    When I use GS as stand alone the GS macros work perfectly.
    When I load IS Boxer and try the macro with Key Maps off it works perfectly.
    But when I try it with Key Maps on the GS macros behaviour become erratic.
    It wont cycle nicely through the macro and seems to skip steps that are active and available, often with a lot of delays in it trying to do any step at all.

Noticed a few users here are using both and appear to have it working so any suggestions would be amazing.

Are you using mapped keys in ISBoxer to trigger the GS macros? ISboxer triggers it's own macros without issue, so there should be no reason why there are any issues triggering other non ISBoxer macros, and it does as it can trigger most peoples "roll yer own" macros.

So, leaves an interesting dilemma, in that there is something odd in the configuration of your macro, or there is something odd in your configuration of ISBoxer. The latter only really applies if you are trying to trigger your macro from an ISBoxer mapped key, or you happen to have double bound a hotkey for your in game macro to something that ISBoxer is sending for some other purpose.

In either case, it would be helpful to see your ISBoxer profile, and a macro definition or two.

http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

This should be my IS Boxer profile http://pastebin.com/KV6Pt39e (never used pastebin before so I'm hoping this is done right)
    This is an Elemental Shaman GS macro i use http://pastebin.com/wW36GWxS

Prior to using GS is just had a standard Key Map - Combat set of keys using F6-F12 which sends an assist and the key hit to each warcraft window.
    I had F6 to F12 bound to an action bar in game and just cycle pressed those keys which contained either an in game macro or a spell.

The GS macro I use is really just a condensed version of what I had in the action bar.
    For Eg
    F6 = /castsequence reset=target/15 Flame Shock,a
    F7 = Lava Burst
    F8 = /castsequence reset=combat Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock,Lightning Bolt,Flame Shock

So combining GS and IS Boxer I wanted to just spam F6 and have it cycle the GS macro on all windows.
    As another angle of trouble shooting I tried this using Keyclone and it worked across all windows.
    I also tries using a different Mapped Key in IS boxer to see if the key I was using was the issue but even with a different key the issue remained.

So it's probably something to do with my IS setup I'm going to guess.

Well TBH, I know sweet FA about WoW and macros, but ISBoxer, I can help you with.

As you're not doing anything particularly fancy in ISBoxer or the macro from what I can tell, then I suggest you test your mapped key in ISBoxer without the Assist Me call in the mapped key. My suspicion is that your gnome sequencer macro is firing on every request, but because you are also getting your toons to retarget on every execution then sometimes they have a target, and sometimes they don't because it is in the middle of the process of updating (this is called Assist Delay http://isboxer.com/wiki/Assist_delay#Assist).

Ways to solve it would be:
    1. Don't spam so hard.
    2. Manage Assisting (targeting) and Combat separately
    3. Use Stepped mapped keys in ISBoxer (tbf, this wont be quite as good as the way GS sets up the macro)

For the 3rd one, there are a few options to attempt to still have the Assist Me, but only have it execute the once at the beginning of your spam session, and then have it disable, and then reset to enabled once you stop spamming for a period of time. It might actually work not too bad doing that.

I'll give that a go.
    I was belting a target dummy with 3 warcrafts running so there wasn't any target switching.

I'll try deleting and redoing the F6-F12 mapped keys and see if that does anything.

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by Outtie : 07-29-2016 at 09:17 PM Reason: left out thanks

You might not be actually switching targets, but you are telling the [slave] game(s), to go find out what the other characters target is, and then update their targets to whatever the main has.

The slave game instances have no idea whether your mains target is still the same as it was 1 second ago, so they query the server (because they don't just talk amongst themselves locally). By the time they find out (receive data back from the server), they could check to see if it is the same as their existing target, or they could just update the target entity pointer. It shaves a few CPU cycles to just update it, and not bother checking if they are the same, so it does, but you will for a very short period, have no target (this period can be so small that the UI doesn't get an update + plus it is coded to not show the drop and reacquiring during a target pointer change).

And while that is all going on, your F6 keystroke is being processed, so sometimes it hits while your slaves have a target, and sometimes it does not because they are in the process of updating.

You don't need to delete all the mapped keys. Just select the F6 one, open up the steps and delete the first Action, which is "Do Assist Me in Non-Combat Key Map -> self".
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 07-29-2016 at 09:32 PM

Will do, thanks again.

Have imported your sequence, it's working fine with the basic Assist+Broadcast keymap.
    Been using GS with isboxer since it came out.

Same here.
    Been using GS (now GS-E) with isboxer for a long time.

If that's the case, and it is working for you guys, then there must be some other issue, like strained H/W (FPS/CPU/etc), a different addon interfering, or some other software on the system.

Most of your character sets (8 out of 11) are using a Round Robin CPU strategy with 1 core. You should use the CPU Strategy Wizard and make sure you select the use all cores for all windows option (the last one on the drop down). This will improve performance for your character sets that are not set to use more than 1 core per game.

Disabling Addons I'll leave to you.

If we need to look further, then the diagnostic instructions are here... http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics