Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 28

Noticed something else today and what I'm hoping has fixed the issue albeit not convincingly.

Prior to installing GS I used to run a programmed mouse button that pressed F6-F12 in a step fashion while I held the button down.
    When I installed GS cause I could put everything onto one action bar slot I changed this to just hit F6 over and over while I held the button down, delay of about 150ms between hits.
    This is where I started having the performance issues.
    For some reason switching back to the old F6-F12 spam corrected the performance issue, even though F6 was the only slot with a macro in it, why I don't fully know.
    I then changed the mouse button to spam F6 four times (four was just a random test number) before delay and this seems to work for now too.

Seems messy and an unreliable fix and if it breaks again I'll report back here to let you know how I've gone.
    As you suggested Bob, I'm thinking it might be hardware strain.

Thanks again for your time folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Outtie View Post
    Noticed something else today and what I'm hoping has fixed the issue albeit not convincingly.

Prior to installing GS I used to run a programmed mouse button that pressed F6-F12 in a step fashion while I held the button down.
    When I installed GS cause I could put everything onto one action bar slot I changed this to just hit F6 over and over while I held the button down, delay of about 150ms between hits.
    For some reason switching back to the old F6-F12 spam corrected the performance issue, even though F6 was the only slot with a macro in it, why I don't fully know.
    I then changed the mouse button to spam F6 four times (four was just a random test number) before delay and this seems to work for now too.

Seems messy and an unreliable fix and if it breaks again I'll report back here to let you know how I've gone.

I've mine on E with a 50ms repeater and isboxer set to up and down key.
    I use All CPUs to all clients so they all have enough power to keep up I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    Same here.
    Been using GS (now GS-E) with isboxer for a long time.
    Thanks, did not know it went to E. I had seen the changes to the scripts but thought it was just for notation in the sequences file.

There is an input limit (max number of inputs/macro steps/keys) that can fire per second. It's pretty high but your device needs to be somewhat careful with how it spams keys. I know people use gamepads that do what you are talking about and they work, but if you get too many things going at once, things Get Wierd(tm).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

yeah 50-150ms sounds wayyyy too fast for repeaters to be firing safely.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    yeah 50-150ms sounds wayyyy too fast for repeaters to be firing safely.
    I've pushed the limits on this a few times using even no delay in between presses and with no delay my game just crashes out completely.
    Adversely too long a delay and the macro or sequence you're trying to fire becomes less optimal.
    In my initial problem I tried just tapping the key manually with probably a half second delay and it still 'broke'.
    To be completely honest I am surprised that the fix, for lack of better wording, was to speed things up a little.

It's just a timing issue with GS. It would help to see your GS macros though to know for sure.

For example if you have a lot of castsequences and they have timer resets in them they could be resetting before being hit again. The reset starts ticking internally in the wow macro from the first time GS evokes it. Even though on our side it looks like an action is happening every 1/5th a second it's actually only happening once a second if there are a lot of steps in GS happening.

The more steps in your macros the more often you want to press the key per second.

Edit: I see your GS rotation now. Looking at it.

Edit2: Ok, you've got too much going on in your main sequence. From what I can tell if your combat is resetting a lot your big rotation / malestrom stuff isn't popping asap. Rather, it's walled behind a lot of lightning bolts before anything happens.

That could be giving you the impression it isn't doing much.

Try this. I'm curious to see how it works.

Talents: 1,2,2,3,1,3,2

Sequences['ELE-ST'] = {PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/cast Stormkeeper',
    '/cast Fire Elemental',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Lava Burst, Lava Burst, Lava Burst, Earth Shock',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Lava Burst, Lava Burst, Lava Burst, Earth Shock',
    PostMacro = [[
    /startattack
    /use [combat]13
    ]]
    }
    It emphasises lava burst like yours but I think it puts a little more emphasis on Earth Shock than yours does. Also keeps a constant Flame Shock rotation instead of once every target ( 15 means nothing if you hit the button again ).
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 07-30-2016 at 10:02 PM

The GS Macro itself ran fine with a single instance of wow running and applied Flame Shock at the end of the big sequence, the '15' reset condition in the first sequence doesn't need to be in there to be honest, it was more as I was testing on a dummy and being lazy not re-targetting.

The Earth Shock getting full value out of Maelstrom charges is where mine does fall down a little normally going off between 60-90 Maelstrom and very rarely at 100.

The GS macro only 'appeared to not do much' as soon as I got IS Boxer involved and started sending to multiple wow instances, other than that it ran quite well.

Gave your GS macro a go, found it would re apply Flame Shock too often, in some cases Flame Shock still had 30 seconds left on it's duration. Tweaking might make this more efficient.
    Side by side though with my macro they both seemed to do similar dps over a 5 min period with no cooldown use.
    Last edited by Outtie : 07-30-2016 at 10:35 PM Reason: Response to using GS macro

The GS Macro itself ran fine with a single instance of wow running and applied Flame Shock at the end of the big sequence, the '15' reset condition in the first sequence doesn't need to be in there to be honest, it was more as I was testing on a dummy and being lazy not re-targetting.

The Earth Shock getting full value out of Maelstrom charges is where mine does fall down a little normally going off between 60-90 Maelstrom and very rarely at 100.

The GS macro only 'appeared to not do much' as soon as I got IS Boxer involved and started sending to multiple wow instances, other than that it ran quite well.

Gave your GS macro a go, found it would re apply Flame Shock too often, in some cases Flame Shock still had 30 seconds left on it's duration. Tweaking might make this more efficient.
    Side by side though with my macro they both seemed to do similar dps over a 5 min period with no cooldown use.

Ok so the GS macro wasn't the problem. Maybe your key mapping is throttling it somehow? Mine are generally 1 to 1. One key press travels down to one evocation of the Masterkey which is a switch for DPS-ST or DPS-AE which respectively call the WoW named macro for their type. I'm not doing something like mentioned earlier with many steps in a mapped key.

Putting the key on a "pressed or released" mapped key will double the firing rate versus not using IS.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)