Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Healing via keypad with gnomesequencer and isboxer.

Instead of grid + clique you use a keypad ( naga or keyboard ) to issue heals directly to group members. There are different ways to do this but my method is to use the gnomesequencer addon to make a heal-other sort of macro set.

What is gnomesequencer? https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/gn...encer-enhanced

Using gnomesequencer we can limit the footprint of buttons so that we can do things like keypad healing which is explained below.

Once gnomesequencer is installed you'll have in your addon folder for it a file called Sequences.lua.

In mine I have this block of macros for my mistweaver when healing other targets:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- MISTWEAVER: OTHER
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sequences["MW-HEAL-OTHER-ST"] = {
    StepFunction = [[

limit = limit or 1
    if step == limit then
    limit = limit % #macros + 1
    step = 1
    else
    step = step % #macros + 1
    end

]],
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/cast Renewing Mist',
    '/castsequence [@target, harm, nodead] reset=target Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick',
    '/castsequence [@target, help, nodead] reset=target Enveloping Mist, Effuse, Effuse, Effuse',
    PostMacro = [[
    /cast Thunder Focus Tea
    ]],
    }

Sequences['MW-HEAL-OTHER-SV'] = {
    StepFunction = [[

limit = limit or 1
    if step == limit then
    limit = limit % #macros + 1
    step = 1
    else
    step = step % #macros + 1
    end

]],
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/cast [@target, help, exists] Life Cocoon',
    '/castsequence [@target, help, nodead] reset=target Enveloping Mist, Effuse, Effuse, Effuse',
    -- POST MACRO ONLY GOOD IF ITS NO GCD.
    PostMacro = [[
    /use [combat]13
    ]],
    }

Sequences["MW-HEAL-OTHER-AE"] = {
    PreMacro =
    [[
    ]],
    '/cast Renewing Mist',
    '/castsequence [@target, harm, nodead] reset=target Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick',
    '/castsequence [@target, help, nodead] reset=8 Vivify, Vivify, Essence Font',
    PostMacro = [[
    /cast Thunder Focus Tea
    ]],
    }

Sequences["MW-DISPEL-OTHER"] = {
    PreMacro =
    [[
    ]],
    '/cast [@target, help, nodead] Detox',
    PostMacro = [[
    ]],
    }
    The premise here is to always hit my target with what I need. I label them by the specific actions I want taken. ST = single target, AE = area around the target and Dispel is dispel target. SV = survive. Basically the oh shit version of the heal.

In isboxer I have slot heal wow macros that look like this:

!if(character is in "Healer") /target {SLOT2}

!if(character is in "Healer" and character is in "Monk") /click MW-HEAL-OTHER-ST
    You can see it routes a target slot2 action to my healers and then initiates a click of the gnomesequencer macro. So my heals go to that unit.

Then you attach that to a keymap wherever you want with your hotkey setup. The other way to do this ( more non-boxing friendly way ) would be to use /target party1, party2, party3, party4 macros. Either way is fine. I name mine by slots only because I don't run groups with anybody else. If you do both you may want a more robust solution by toggling isboxer styles and party styles. Though keep in mind hotkeys become a limited quantity very quickly!

For me on the naga keypad my healer is slot 3 and takes up residence on keypad 11 on the naga mouse. The tank is on keypad 10 and the dps are all on keypads 7, 9, 12.

Standard pressing the key with no mod produces a single target heal on the target I want. If I alt + press the key the SV version happens. If I shift + press the key the AE happens and if I shift + alt + press the key the dispel happens.

tried these macros on my MW, really nice!