Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Addon/Macro Help - Adjust Video Settings

One thing I find, running multiple teams through ISBoxer is that I have to manually adjust the game settings many times as I switch from one team to another. Might be tied to the problem I have with dropping alot during loading screens and not loggin out "correctly".

Is there a way I can make a macro that will auto adjust my game settings and perhaps camera angle/distance?

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    Is there a way I can make a macro that will auto adjust my game settings
    Uhh... have you seen the sticky thread at the top of this forum?

and perhaps camera angle/distance?
    I answered this for you on the ISBoxer forum when you asked it last week.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

So if I wanted to downgrade my in game settings to the new "1" and set a standard distance for the camera I would use the below on a macro?

/console consoleVariable value1
    /console graphicsViewDistance value 5

I dont go to ISBoxer forums much, you guys re more WoW centric.
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-30-2016 at 11:35 PM Reason: Formatting

Based on that first thread, I THINK I have these right. Can someone confirm please?

Based on that first thread, I THINK I have these right. Can someone confirm please?
    I'm not clear on what you're asking, but if you're trying to change the master slider which affects every video setting with a single line you can't do that; you can only change individual settings.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

No, I understand I need this macro on all the toons. But is the macro correct?

I want to set the in-game video settings to the minimum, #1 under the new system, and set the view distance to a norm on each account.

I want to set the in-game video settings to the minimum, #1 under the new system, and set the view distance to a norm on each account.

no longer works, they have set sliders in game now. The max distance is now limited.
    Set your slider to max in game under camera and zoom out. Thats it.

I want to set the in-game video settings to the minimum, #1 under the new system
    Again, there is no option to adjust the master slider, and this line...

/console consoleVariable value1
    ...doesn't do anything. It is merely as an example on how to use all of the entries below that. If you want to set the lowest value for specific settings, then you need a separate line for each individual setting.

and set the view distance to a norm on each account.
    Yes, the other line you have is correct for setting the View Distance to 5. You probably could've answered this a lot faster if you had just typed out each command in game, and realized that the first one did nothing, and the second one changed the view distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post

no longer works, they have set sliders in game now. The max distance is now limited.
    Set your slider to max in game under camera and zoom out. Thats it.
    The line you quoted works just fine for the View Distance setting, and has nothing to do with camera distance.

Ok so I might be confused and making more work for you guys here.

Since the game now has that 1-10 slider, you cannot chnage the entire game settings, only certain portions via command lines correct?

I was meaning to ask about camera distance on my followers, not view distance. I got confuseded...