Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default So, maybe I'm going to play WoW again...

Hello around,

Ineed a couple (well, probably more) of advices about playing WoW again as a multiboxer.

I'm currently multiboxing Diablo III, but this is getting very boring, at the moment I'm only playing new seasons for a couple of weeks, in order to complete some achievements, and then nothing for the next 2months.

I have been playing WoW from Vanilla until Mist of Pandaria, but I got bored and closed my accounts. I have 2 accounts (at the time I was playing with 2 computers) with a level 90 Priest (main character) on one account, and level 90 DK (tank/dps) on the other... plus of course a plethora of misc characters (level 70-80) on both accounts.

Now, I have seen watching some of Davidmage's 5-men instances videos (others too), and this looks cool... So maybe I could give WoW a try again.

However, I have fallen back to WoW noobdom, and I have some questions, most of them would seem silly, but since I haven't been in WoW for about 4 years now...

• I'm (was) EU-Horde, currently on EU-Illidan, which EU realm should I move to so that I can eventually meet other teams ?

• Any way that I can pay less that 12$x5 per month ? It's not that I can't afford them, it's just that I wonder if there is a trick to lower that amount...

• In the same way, I need to level 2 acounts to Legion (pre-order) and buy 3 more complete games, any way to cut prices ? Of course some people running 100 acounts might smile about this

• Any other general advice ? I already read some threads in this forum, and I don't need advices about groups settings, character classes (etc), this might come later eventually.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-25-2016 at 08:54 PM Reason: Formatting

Blog Entries

Cross realm means that you can group with people who aren't on your server, although I'm not sure what the exact restrictions are in the EU. So staying on the server you are used to where you have your resources would probably be the smartest thing to do. To my knowledge none of the attempts to create an active boxing guild sticks for long, and it is usually most convenient to just have your own damn guild for sharing materials and repair gold across toons.

If you have a lot of gold you can use that to buy wow tokens for time, although the prices are not a great tradeoff and you may not want to spend your time farming half a million gold a month just to burn it on tokens.

All accounts are unlocked through WOD right now, I'd focus on lower level teams and let legion take care of itself when you are actually ready to play legion x5.

If you have already leveled a healer/tank combination you'll be surprised that leveling healer/tank/3dps is actually easier because you don't have to worry about other people doing stupid/annoying shit.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    To my knowledge none of the attempts to create an active boxing guild sticks for long, and it is usually most convenient to just have your own damn guild for sharing materials and repair gold across toons.
    There's still one for Norwegian Folk and of course the long time running German guild Bloodlust on Blackmoore. Mainly English speaking ones like Gimp and Autobots Roll Out have unfortunately faded out. There's been a few attempts at gathering folk for one, but so far nothing has really come of it... That isn't to say there aren't a good number of us actively playing and perfectly willing to co-op, but people do prefer having their own guilds and no one wants to realm change just to have a unified guild name, as B-tag and cross realm have made it in a way unnecessary.

I've not upgraded any accounts in a while, but the case used to be that if you logged on to a trial account you would be greeted with a "upgrade your account now!" type message with a 50% discount on battle-chests compared to going to the website and looking at prices there.

Thanks for the quick answers...

All accounts are unlocked through WOD right now, (...)
    I'm not sure what it means... If I re-activate my 2 level-90 accounts that were in Mist of Pandaria, then I'll have access to Warlord of Draenor for free ?

If you have already leveled a healer/tank combination you'll be surprised that leveling healer/tank/3dps is actually easier because you don't have to worry about other people doing stupid/annoying shit.
    Yes I'm confident about that part, this is why I didn't ask specific stuff about this

One thing that made me quit WoW, out of the boredom thing, are the "very skilled" dudes that check your ilevel, inspect you, ask you a ton of question before allowing you in a raid, and then the raid fails because they s*ck.

BTW I managed to run my own guild before leaving the game, but yesterday I looked for my old toons and they don't seem to be in a guild anymore.

Also, I forgot about that cross-realm raid/group thing, so thanks for reminding me that. The general idea would be... If I have a team of 5 and some other dude has a team of 5, then we could maybe try some raid 10 stuff. But I'm not there yet. Unfortunately I'm on EU and multiboxing isn't so well-known around (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    Also, I forgot about that cross-realm raid/group thing, so thanks for reminding me that. The general idea would be... If I have a team of 5 and some other dude has a team of 5, then we could maybe try some raid 10 stuff. But I'm not there yet. Unfortunately I'm on EU and multiboxing isn't so well-known around (I think).
    The 2x 5-boxer for raiding has worked atleast to some extent. There were a few guys making headway in HFC a bit back with a similar setup. So in theory atleast, it's doable. Just depends a lot of the encounters we'll have in Legion I guess.

There's plenty of us EU boxers around. We're just scattered over different realms and only some post on the forums. Finding the right people to team with might of course be a challenge. I can't say for certain that I will have the time for attempting raiding in Legion, but the concept definitely intriques me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post

BTW I managed to run my own guild before leaving the game, but yesterday I looked for my old toons and they don't seem to be in a guild anymore.
    Was there anyone except you in the guild? I believe that after an extended absence of the guild master, it's possible for someone in the guild to ask a GM to gain control over it. Or even for someone to ask for the guild name to be freed if no one in the guild has been active for a long period of time, similarly to character names.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 07-25-2016 at 06:40 AM

Well I created the guild with my 2 accounts and 8 random guys from the realm. I'm pretty sure that I kicked everybody afterwards, leaving only my characters... Or maybe I left the guild in the hands of some cool dude that I met in the meantime (which I doubt).

Anyway I searched for my guild name and it doesn't exist anymore.

I browsed some guild threads, but they are not updated anymore, and there is that "Grim Batol - EU - Horde" thing too, but the topic died in 2011 and i'm not even on the same battlegroup so...

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    I believe that after an extended absence of the guild master, it's possible for someone in the guild to ask a GM to gain control over it.
    Actually, it will let any active, or online member if he / she wishes to take over control of the guild if the current GM hasn't been online in a matter of months.

If u use same Bnet for all accounts u benefit looms and the lvl100 boost is usuable on any of the accounts.
    My doings is going with a high lvl chars and then boost the other accounts lvl to 90. if u raf smart its speedy
    u might have to relog sometimes to get the 50% discount to pop on a new account.
    My setup is that i bought 1 account more for granting lvls. had 2 before with high chars so lvl 3 +1 meaning for every 2 tems to 90 i get one team for free (grant 45lvls per 90 char)

And if u have the time to farm gold u only have to pay for 4 accounts. if using same bnet for all of them. and still u have some tokens left for use a bad month

Guild wise it might be possbile to make a crossrealm guild ? would be nice to try this out. easier acces to mboxing people if they atleast can have one char in the guild for online events chat etc.

Currently running on eu chamber of aspects (pve) server. so when lvl is done ill crossrealm for wpvp.