Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

i would say this has nothing to do with mutiboxing, master loot was changed for a few reasons and in the normal world they had no choice using the new tag system. in fact we get more loot!

as for FFA in dungons i did not have problems on ptr or beta setting it with /ffa so it might be a bug.

fiddler's loot-a-rang is a very cheep item its a little unfair anyone can have it when engi you don't normally make a lot of gold from. but the engi toys are fun!

and 200 in engi is easy to get, if your a miner even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Catamer View Post
    Purely an anti-boxing move again.
    If I had to guess, it probably had to do with the change of rules to tapping, and how much more quickly and unrestricted everyone would be able to farm. Perhaps that and the fact that Engineers really haven't had a lot going for them lately outside of some minor things here and there (weren't a lot of their "toys" recently nerfed?), so perhaps the larger-than-usual dev team that Blizzard had assigned to professions felt that Engineers needed something unique...

...or maybe you're right and the profession team is largely comprised of anti-multiboxers who made it a point to nerf the WoD loot-a-rang because they hate us.

Also, like Jabberwock, I've never used the loot-a-rang to loot, so I'm not one who is affected by this.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Jamba advanced loot and choose the option to auto close loot window. I also never used the loot-a-rang and I'm a loot whore! I loot everything!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I like the loot-a-rang and got used to it, so many other players too. Before the pre patch not every mob dropped loot so it was a pain to switch everytime to other toons. With loot-a-rang this problem was gone. And im like Lyonheart, I want to loot everything
    Now that every mob is dropping at least gold, you can choose any mob and loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
    Been multiboxing for 9 yrs and have never used a loot-a-rang so I don't see what the fuss is all about. No going to change how I play at least.
    I'll give you a good example of when this is useful: hunters/ranged that kill something where the corpse is out of reach. (Example: harpies in Mount Hyjal that die a few feet down the cliff face.) I'll grant you it's a thankfully somewhat rare (few times a day) case but it is at times annoying, and having the loot-a-rang when blowing up instances is super convenient to keep from having to run around to each corpse to loot.

By "fuss" did you mean "OMG you people are a bunch of whiny bitches!" or no?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

It felt like there was a progression of improvements over the years.

Single loot > AoE Loot > Ranged AoE Loot

Now we're going backwards. Sure we've lived without it for years, it will just take some getting used to.

Funny story about an example Ugh used above. Before Loot-a-rang/fetch long ago I had killed something out of reach. So sure I was that the loot was important I wouldn't give up trying to get it. Anyways I ended up kiting a pig over close enough that killing it would AoE loot that mob as well. Of course it dropped leather scraps or something, you decide if it was worth the extra 15 minutes trying to loot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I'll give you a good example of when this is useful: hunters/ranged that kill something where the corpse is out of reach. (Example: harpies in Mount Hyjal that die a few feet down the cliff face.) I'll grant you it's a thankfully somewhat rare (few times a day) case but it is at times annoying, and having the loot-a-rang when blowing up instances is super convenient to keep from having to run around to each corpse to loot.

By "fuss" did you mean "OMG you people are a bunch of whiny bitches!" or no?
    tbh I wouldn't get in to that situation in the first place but to talk solution, I would kill something else within range to aoe loot them.

I nearly always run with a tank main so range was never an issue I guess.

I've switched back to solo play, but I find the loot-a-rang to be absolutely essential in dungeons to keep pace. I really miss it. People get annoyed when the tank runs backwards to go and loot a corpse, or the tank dies because the healer slowed down to loot. They should have just given us an AOE loot button and did something more interesting for engineers. Epic fail for the prof DEVs to move a quality of life upgrade behind a profession wall.

don't get me started on the pixel hunt to loot when your party burned a bunch of trash in one spot and everyone is standing on em.