Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Disc Priest in Legion?

Anyone try it yet? Appears to be able to DPS and heal better then before...could be a good balance.

I've played around with it a bit.

It's pretty much what you would expect. In theory it can be very very strong, as it'll keep up with healing while doing a fairly significant amount of DPS, so the potential to be game changing is definitely there, and a lot of the higher end PVE people have been saying they might become an auto-include for challenge modes. However in practise, especially for multiboxers, this might not be the case. Due to the 2-step process off applying atonement and then DPSing for healing, it's not very reactive. You need to think ahead to know who will need healing. Simply reacting to people losing health is fairly slow, so if don't have a decent amount of atonements out on the correct targets, the healing suffers greatly. TLDR: They are good if you manage them well, bad if you do not.

I agree with Wubsie.
    So take this challenge
    I will give it a shot too, because my healdruid lost his roar
    I guess it was too powerfull tranquility channeling while jumping around with roar.

Hrmmm, so I was thinking have the repeater regions setup for applying atonement and using dispells only.
    The DPS rotation used to heal would be like my other dps, assist tank roll thru your rotation.

Just theory crafting it here in my MIND I feel it will be doable, but then as Wub said.. In practice could be a whole other story.

I think there is an aeo heal that applies atonement..I can see that helping.. or just a simple macro to target tank as needed.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I think there is an aeo heal that applies atonement..I can see that helping.. or just a simple macro to target tank as needed.
    Atonement - Mastery boosts the transfer ratio, 40% base - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=194384/atonement

Plea - small heal, mana costs goes up with applications - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=200829/plea
    Power Word: Shield - standard bubble, has cooldown again - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=17/power-word-shield
    Power Word: Radiance - aoe heal, atonement on 3 - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=194509/power-word-radiance
    Shadow Mend - high heal but leaves dot on target - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=186263/shadow-mend

I have played it and am not happy with it. It seems like it would be good for questing when you do not need that much healing. I have successfully been using it in dungeons and timewalking and it works, it is just not very fun.

You have to be DPSing constantly to heal because your actual heals are crap. If there is a burst of damage on the tank you have to stop DPSing to cast another healing spell and the group suffers. If there is AoE group damage, you have to stop DPSing to plea everyone and the tank sufers. If burst damage on the tank and Rapture is on cooldown then just pray it all works out because there is not much you can do.

And make sure everyone brings food to use between fights, see how long it takes you to get everyone back up to full health using plea or shadowmend when you have nothing to DPS.

I think it could work if their healing spells were instant cast and did not trigger the global cooldown. Then they could continue to DPS and plea/shield those that need it. Why oh why did they have change the way that worked in WoD, where Discs would DPS to keep up the group heals and had heal spells to use when there was burst damage.

I will continue to use Disc simply because I am tired of playing the game right now, and will just wait until legion to see what changes have been made. Decide then which healer I will stick with.

^ agreed. I leveled one to 110 and enjoyed the questing. Did a few heroics and decided they werent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    A quick lil break down for my single target healing macros.
    Leading with Schism is best due to increasing dmg you do to the target aka granting you bigger heals on your atonement target[s].
    I have only boxed my priest in with my hunter group a few times, but she does a great job keeping the pet tanks up + assist damage.

SetTank to focus
    /cast [@focus] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [@focustarget] HolyFire
    /cast [@focustarget] Pennace
    /cast [@focustarget] Smite
    /cast [@focustarget] Schism

I was doing some trapping with my Fury Warrior..Disc Priest and 3 mages. and my disc was out DPSing all of them ( using GS macros ) but the dps was poor on all..priest was only doing 9K lol..
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )