Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Legion Professions

I'm not in Beta, so I only have information from Wowhead, MMO-Champion, and the related forums as a guide but...

It seems to me that either Herbing or Mining plus a crafting profession that uses the same will be the best money-maker in Legion. Getting to mine x5, x10, x15, or x20 for each node you find seems much more efficient than double crafting, and may even overtake some sort of open-world activity for gold making.

Anyone else have thoughts?
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

i have made a post about how mining and stuff works from my own testing a recap anyway is you have around 12sec now (this might change again it used to be 20 secs) for others to mine the node before it goes. it can be mined more than once though. so need fast windows changing.

So far i managed to do around 7 so it's unlikely a hard coded or though I can start seeing it becoming a problem and they could add hard code max to it and or make the despawn time faster.

at the start of the xpac it's very much going to be easy money, skill in legion does not make you get more ore you always get 1-3 at 1, 8, 10 or 700. you do quests to get more ore when you become a good mining at x ore. (legion stuff anyway) if you drop it later you can pick it up later and buy the quests back.

if you really want to make easy gold and not care about items etc. then i would go mining and herb and just got all nuts selling it when you can sell them for a LOT of gold.

skills points are only needed for pets/mounts/toys.

hope this has helped

Without window swapping, can everyone try and mine it at the same time? I know in Warlords some quest items which are ground loot can be opened at the same time, while others require the loot to 'respawn' after being looted. Which are the nodes most like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Without window swapping, can everyone try and mine it at the same time? I know in Warlords some quest items which are ground loot can be opened at the same time, while others require the loot to 'respawn' after being looted. Which are the nodes most like?
    they can be if you can target it right on every char. but there no easy way to loot u need to click the node wait..... and loot

I dont think mining/herbing will be a money maker this expansion, you'll be able to mine more but so will everyone else. In WoD everyone can mine in their garrison and it makes the mine/herbs very cheap. I feel the same thing happening in Legion.

The gold/hour you make gathering will be too little, more profitable to buy in AH.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I dont think mining/herbing will be a money maker this expansion, you'll be able to mine more but so will everyone else. In WoD everyone can mine in their garrison and it makes the mine/herbs very cheap. I feel the same thing happening in Legion.

The gold/hour you make gathering will be too little, more profitable to buy in AH.
    I think it's safe to assume that gathering bots (because let's face it, they will be around) will also be able to attain more materials due to node sharing, meaning the prices of materials might be kept low, similar to how garrisons wrecked the herb market.

Currently I have no real intention of gold grinding through professions and have just setup 6 toons with gathering and 4 with with crafting. I mainly wish to be able to craft some gear for myself as well as provide my own enchants, buff items, potions, etc. If however anyone has any theories on stacking some profession being extremely profitable, I'd love to hear it since switching them is still fairly easy. Most of the crafting professions you can just chuck 10k at on the AH and do 1-700 in about 20 minutes.

And ye, I know Ebony said leveling it is not exactly required anymore, but pets/mounts/etc can be at times very profitable.

From what I've seen, the only benefit to having both a crafting and a gathering profession on any character is that they'll have an easier time obtaining Blood of Sargeras reagents (which are BoP). That said, there have been a number of improvements during beta, making them not as hard to obtain for non-gatherers as they used to be - there is a shoulder enchant available and they also show up as World Quest rewards now. It will still be advantageous to have a gathering profession combined with a crafting profession, but I'm personally just counting on the leverage of being of a multiboxer to make up for the difference.

I do have the luxury that, since I like being able to go "Hey, let's give class x a spin and see how that goes!", I've made an effort to level one of each class to max level on all of my accounts, for both Alliance and Horde. So for me it's a matter of making a little matrix to ensure that I'll be able to take a mining team out for a spin, for example - though much like Wubsie, I have no intention of grinding gold by gathering.

That said, I am biased in that I highly value the use of the loot-a-rang, and since the non-engineering version will turn into a Draenor-only toy tomorrow, I've turned my entire army into engineers - which means my options are rather limited anyhow when it comes to combining professions.

Nothing has made farming with my teams easier than the Loot-a-rang, and thanks again to whomever brought that to my attention. I will miss it so much.

Except I lived without it for so long I suppose it wont be the end of the world if I have to go back to IWT looting. All my new teams will be engineers and I will switch professions on my farming team, but my current dungeon teams will probably keep their existing professions.

What do you guys think about Fur from WoD still being a good seller? Think it will go up due to most people not spending any time in their garrisons? I'm going to keep listing mine until I make so little money its not worth the effort. It's still selling well on the AH.. Fur will still be in demand due to no new larger bags this expansion.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

The reason I was considering a gathering profession is due to Obliterum, mainly. I guess I figured that any edge we have as multiboxers to churn out Obliterum would be the biggest money-maker for professions.