Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    The reason I was considering a gathering profession is due to Obliterum, mainly. I guess I figured that any edge we have as multiboxers to churn out Obliterum would be the biggest money-maker for professions.
    Forgot about that! good idea!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

So this means you can take crafted/looted gear, break it down into an item that is used to upgrade other gear? The upgrade item, obliterum (sp?), isnt bound or item type specific is it?

Obliterum isn't bound and you can sell it. No crafted item limit, and you can use Obliterum to upgrade up to ilevel 850 now; the ilevel will increase as the content patches come out. The catch is that crafting it requires Blood of Sargeras, the BoP crafting material for Legion.

As an aside, it seems like with personal loot Engineering is a required profession for the Loot-a-rang. Sigh. It's unfortunately the worst profession for breaking down its crafted items, it seems.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I switched my main team to all engineers. I think what John said is the truth. Shared nodes will be a definite hit on the value of these trading mats on the AH. If it becomes easier for us it becomes easier for everyone else, too.

I see value in always having a jeeves, always having silly things like bandage guns and head mounted guns to focus something down.

I will probably assemble a second team with herbing and mining to supply the first team.

I started Engineering on all my teams. With 20, the Loot-a-Rang now feels mandatory to me after trying it. I don't know if I could go back meow.

I have enough to kill raid trash (and potentially a raid boss or two), so I'm thinking selling the ilevel 860 relics will be incredibly lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I started Engineering on all my teams. With 20, the Loot-a-Rang now feels mandatory to me after trying it. I don't know if I could go back meow.

I have enough to kill raid trash (and potentially a raid boss or two), so I'm thinking selling the ilevel 860 relics will be incredibly lucrative.
    The relics drop off raid trash? and are BoE?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

A number of relics drop from raid trash, but they're BoP. I imagine it'll be easy to bring along one or two people and sell the relic drops to them.

Hey guys, I have a question regard Legion professions.

Are there any "perks" left to profession. I know Engineering has a bunch ( Loot-a-rang, Goggles, etc)

But from reading the guides, the normal perks are gone. It used to be Enchanters could self-enchant for free or very cheap.
    Blacksmiths could add an extra socket, Jewel Crafters could cut a Jewler's gem, etc.

Are all these perks gone?

Some of those perks still exist, but the abilities you got passive and active are gone,
    Engineering ofc still exists, the utility profession(i have it on all chars i have, both for utility and Sky Golems each month), and i do believe when i have read through the others, most have an profession specific perk when used on self, like alchemists with the trinket can get 40% extra HP and mana from potions.