Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default If you were build a 4K machine to 5 box WoW on ultra ...

I want to buy ... not build my own computer ... ( I can do it but time is issue )

what would you suggest if money were not an issue yet I don't want to get past the point of high deminishing returns on my purchase.

i would like to 5 box on a 4K screen at least 40 inches or more and be able to do a live streaming and video capture of my conquests

I have not bought a pre built machine in a long time ... Been gaming for years on Sager laptops custom built

i I have no idea what good prebuilt systems are anymore nor the specs I need to really have the highest performance possible before deminishing returns set in too bad

Any help is much appreciated

I have not played an MMO in a few years but really want to enjoy legion for awhile
    Last edited by Trushot : 07-13-2016 at 07:55 PM Reason: Spelling
    Not playing anything except Skyrim at the moment until Legion is released

I guess a computer built by Falcon Northwest is going to offer top of the line components, but you're certainly going to pay for it.

The Mach V with a 6900K, 64GB of RAM, 2x GTX 1080s, a 1200W PSU (because why not?), and a few high capacity SSDs (along with mostly default options) is going to run you ~$7,500, but you could add two more cores to the CPU for ~$550. Also, they don't offer 40" 4K displays, so you'll have to buy that elsewhere.
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-14-2016 at 03:46 AM Reason: Forgot a component
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I do just that with a 5960X and 2x1080. I can run 5 wow @ 4k/ultra at around 60/30fps. Using a wasabi mango 42" 4k display.
    I do get some fps drops but if you set on the fly settings changes when switching wow instances instead of having them all at ultra, you get stable fps.

Blog Entries

Origin PC is another option, or from a trusted builder. You could probably save some cash getting someone you trust to build one for you.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    Origin PC is another option, or from a trusted builder.
    I didn't even think of Origin, but I was able to create an even more expensive build over there since they offer true liquid cooling options.

• Power Supply: 1.3 Kilowatt EVGA SuperNOVA G2
    • Motherboard: MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming Carbon
    • System Cooling: ORIGIN CRYOGENIC Stage III Liquid Cooling
    • Processors: Intel Core i7 6900K Octa-Core 3.2GHz (3.7GHz TurboBoost)
    • Graphic Cards: Dual ORIGIN CRYOGENIC Liquid Cooling 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    • Memory: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHz (4 X 16GB)
    • Operating System: MS Windows 10 Home
    • Operating System Drive #1 (Primary): 256GB Samsung 950 Pro PCIe m.2
    • Operating System Drive #2: 2TB Samsung 850 Evo Series
    • Hot Swap Bay Drive #1: 2TB Samsung 850 Evo Series
    • Hot Swap Bay Drive #2: 2TB Samsung 850 Evo Series
    • Audio: On Board High Definition 8-Channel Audio
    • Capture Cards: Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro
    • Warranty: Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 3 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty

Went with EVOs because they're cheaper, but feel free to mix and match storage drives as you please. I also accounted for a ~$600 large-scale 4K display by adding multiple monitors which total up to that, but you'll still have to get one elsewhere.

The total overall price for the Origin build was just shy of $10,000. >_>
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

I think having the latest and greatest is just for people in the know, too many quirks and such for me. Wouldn't mind playing on a $10K computer but would need an IT guy too, and MiRai might get tired of me bugging him all the time.

I messed around at Falcon NW link you provided and ended up with $4602 price tag for a less-than-stellar system. I don't need one right now but I think I will buy from them next time, already have an Origin. PM me if you have a referral link I should use.

I think Digital Storm is a great option for high quality builds without being the highest priced.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I think having the latest and greatest is just for people in the know, too many quirks and such for me. Wouldn't mind playing on a $10K computer but would need an IT guy too, and MiRai might get tired of me bugging him all the time.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I think Digital Storm is a great option for high quality builds without being the highest priced.
    Like Origin PC, Digital Storm also looked to offer some nice custom liquid cooling options which I liked (I only mention this because the FE 1080s seem to have terrible stock coolers on them, but do much better under water), whereas FalconNW only offers AIO liquid cooling on the CPU. The price on DS was similar ($8,000+), but I can't say that I'm a fan of using their configuration tool compared to the other two sites.

However, if you ever have to troubleshoot custom water cooling yourself without sorta knowing what you're doing, then it could end up being a nightmare. Ultimately that's what a warranty is for, but having to send away your computer for something you should be able to adjust on your own is kinda lame.

Where's the fun in letting someone else build the PC for you? I really enjoyed tearing it all apart and installing the new graphic cards with their waterblocks into my existing loop.
    Took me about a day, and had a minor heart attack when I thought I killed my PC... but totally worth it

Blog Entries

The same place where boxing vs grouping with friends is Paz, I'm definitely in the build it yourself group, but not everyone has time or the inclination.
    My Blog: SRS Business