Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Exclamation 1 Day Suspension from DBG for 3rd Party Software - and IS is all I was using

Just found both of my accounts banned at noon EDT:
    Greetings,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.
    We regret to inform you that the account name: XXXX has been suspended for 1 day(s) due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

• Using third party software to modify gameplay.

We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

I've only recently started using ISBoxer, maybe two weeks now. Used the standard-mmo quick config, and set up just a two box character set. Hadn't done anything more than look around at the settings, tweaked the variable keys for the F1, F2 stuff, and used it to basically make it easy to switch screens and broadcast my gate spells! I used no automation at all outside the game's auto attack and tradeskill auto combines. The only things I've had running with this would me Magelo Sync, Origin, Steam, GOG Galaxy, Arc. I haven't used or tried any other app or program for EQ except for UI mods from EQInterface.

So, at this point I'm removing ISBoxer and Inner Space from my system, but hoping for feedback/interest here to figure out why this happened, since I thought it was OK to use ISboxer
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-13-2016 at 04:04 PM Reason: Formatting

First, DON'T PANIC! (Note the large, friendly letters.)

Second, we get banned not infrequently because noob customer support people read a report by another player and don't bother to find out if the person is multiboxing or not. 99% of those are overturned on appeal because someone with two brain cells to rub together (or no axe to grind) realizes what happened.

Third, does the EQ Terms of Service/EULA say anything about multiboxing?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

According to firescue17 on the ISBoxer forum, he says:

Quote Originally Posted by firescue17
    My understanding is all of the progression / event servers are true box servers - 1 account per machine with no software assistance.
    Beyond that, I don't know what to say except maybe that DBG should be more clear about their guidelines on all currently launched servers, as well as those launched in the future.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

What gets me is how vague they are about the topic. I barely know how to use ISBoxer, and was only running two accounts, so I don't know what is going on. There was definitely no "bot" activity; I was at the keyboard. And, I only played on one old server, Bertox.

Is there an appeal mechanism through DBG?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Is there an appeal mechanism through DBG?
    Yes, but you do it through your account, so you might need a new one ..._O_...

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en...t-a-ban-appeal-

530583e79e4fc7f75855995d511e185c.jpg

I'm just shaking my head right now.

Since there have been responses, here is the current state of my contact with DBG regarding this.

Half an hour after receiving the suspension, I used a third acct. I created only a few days before (I was gonna start 3 boxing) to submit a support ticket regarding this matter:
    I am hoping to get more information from you regarding my account associated with email address xxxx@xxxx.xxx being suspended for 3rd party software. I have been using ISBoxer/Inner Space, but I thought that application was permissable. I will discontinue use immediately, and remove from my system, if that was the cause of the violation. If you detected something else, can you please let me know so I can make sure it is removed. I wish to remain a loyal customer, so all information you can provide me that caused the suspension.
    They then replied with this canned response:
    Please Note: this is an automated reply to your question based upon the category that you selected. You must update this ticket (with any requested information) in order for Support to assist you.
    Your account has been suspended or banned based on a combination of factors including but not limited to: Cheat detection tools, video evidence, player reports, as well as direct observation.
    We do not base our decisions on a single report or piece of evidence, and as such we feel very strongly that the action taken against your account is valid.

Types of processes considered cheating include:
    • Running specific programs that modify the game client or game experience.
    • Modifying your OS environment in an attempt to falsify data that the game accesses, this is considered malicious behavior will result in the account being banned.

Please keep in mind the following:
    · No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), however software used to modify the game or modify your system or OS environment in an attempt to falsify date that the game accesses will result in a ban.
    It doesn't matter if you only cheated once. Cheating is strictly forbidden, don't experiment, or try it even once. Once is all it takes.
    · It is your responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to your system or account. We will not release your ban if someone else cheated on your account, or installed something on the system you are playing from without your knowledge. Play on a public PC at your own risk.
    · Many cheat programs work in multiple games. When a cheat program is detected that you supposedly used for a different game, it will result in a ban from all Daybreak games.
    · No details about your ban (including evidence) will be revealed. Hackers would love to have access to this information and therefore we will not disclose it.

For more information, please view: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en...cles/217509308

If you require further assistance not covered here or have chosen the wrong category, update this ticket at your Support History page and an agent will assist you. If we do not hear back from you within 3 days, we will consider the issue resolved and this ticket will automatically close.
    To which I responded:
    I have read your emailed response - so I have one question I hope you will answer with a simple yes or no:
    Is using Lavish Software's Inner Space and ISBoxer configuration to play multiple instances of Everquest on a regular server against the Terms of Service?
    Finally, after I left for work last night I received a reply at 12:14am EDT:
    Max "Remdag" Oakson (Daybreak Games)
    Jul 13, 9:13 PM PDT

The Terms of Service does not differentiate between program or software and server type.
    So, I guess that means ISBoxer is against the ToS now. I would have preferred a straight answer, but that's the best interpretation I can make of this matter. My main concern at this point of the matter is this: IF ISBoxer is really OK to use as I was using it, and was not the 3rd party program they detected me using, I need to nuke my OS ASAP and get rid of whatever has infected it. I use paid versions of Bitdefender and MBAM, and both scan clean, so I don't know what to think - that's why I wanted the straight answer about ISBoxer. If ISBoxer is now a violation of their ToS, why is it so hard to come out and say so straight up? If ISBoxer is NOT a violation of their ToS, then either ISBoxer is now triggering false positives in their detection routine, or my computer is infected with an unknown application whose behavior is triggering DBG's hacking detection routines.

Trying to figure out my next move, since I don't want to ignore this situation and get banned in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanl View Post
    I'm just shaking my head right now.
    I'm not surprised.

Max "Remdag" Oakson (Daybreak Games)
    Jul 13, 9:13 PM PDT

The Terms of Service does not differentiate between program or software and server type.
    Actually it kinda does. This is a statement which contradicts the TOS. I'd find the relevant passage, but I'm being lazy-ish.
    e.g. Even their Appeal your ban page I linked earlier states:
    No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.),
    Is this not differentiating programs/software type, and by name?

Now lets clarify a little. ISBoxer is not what I consider a hack program, it is a functional procedural scripted process which runs on the Inner Space platform. Inner Space as a run time platform, like JAVA or Windows, can potentially be used in such a way is that what is running on the platform might be a hack program. Differentiating between something running on a runtime platform being a hack program vs something that is not, is the tricky bit.
    So it gets a little grey, in that it depends on what you are using it for. But then if they are going to ban you for using a platform that might be used for hacking, then Windows is out completely (along with every other OS out there), seeing as it provides such functions as ReadProcessMemory, and WriteProcessMemory. Now whether you do use them, vs, they could be used are two different things. Sadly some of these morons don't see it like that, despite the fact that the argument is valid.

So, I guess that means ISBoxer is against the ToS now.
    Only for some people apparently. Not everyone has been suspended/banned.

I would have preferred a straight answer
    wouldn't we all, but it has never been a topic any developer/publisher has been willing to really get into straight answers in this area. Some of them do actually publish lists of approved "helper" software, but this is very rare, and despite the fact I cannot remember recent endorsements by others besides CCP (for EVEMon, not ISBoxer), it does happen on the odd occasion.

My main concern at this point of the matter is this: IF ISBoxer is really OK to use as I was using it, and was not the 3rd party program they detected me using, I need to nuke my OS ASAP and get rid of whatever has infected it. I use paid versions of Bitdefender and MBAM, and both scan clean, so I don't know what to think - that's why I wanted the straight answer about ISBoxer. If ISBoxer is now a violation of their ToS, why is it so hard to come out and say so straight up? If ISBoxer is NOT a violation of their ToS, then either ISBoxer is now triggering false positives in their detection routine, or my computer is infected with an unknown application whose behavior is triggering DBG's hacking detection routines.
    Its more likely it was a player report or a GM observation, otherwise there would be a few more other regulars complaining.

Trying to figure out my next move, since I don't want to ignore this situation and get banned in the future.
    Wait it out, and either go back to boxing, or don't. Personally, I'd weigh up whether I really wanted to play that particular game, or whether another more liberal one would do. So I'd try again at a later time, and if it re-occurred, I'd move on.

Sorry if I'm hashing material all of you have dealt with before. I'm done with ISBoxer, but found WinEQ2 (which I thought was for EQ2 specific). I only want window/task switching management like ISBoxer did (with the display configuration) and easy switching between windows. Of course, hard to find info on what WinEQ2 means to DBG, but scared to try it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanl View Post
    Sorry if I'm hashing material all of you have dealt with before. I'm done with ISBoxer, but found WinEQ2 (which I thought was for EQ2 specific). I only want window/task switching management like ISBoxer did (with the display configuration) and easy switching between windows. Of course, hard to find info on what WinEQ2 means to DBG, but scared to try it now.
    Im pretty sure WINEQ is one of Innerspaces softwares..ie same stuff that drives ISboxer..same dude>>Lax!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )