Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 1 or 5 Bnet´s for 5 boxing ?

I am multiboxing 14 lvl100 at the moment , but in Legion i want to step back to the good old 5 boxing for more fun, content and quality in pve.
    Now i can not decide which method would be better. 5 WoWs in one Bnet or 1 WoW each Bnet ?

pros for 1 Bnet: accountwide benefits with mounts , mog , items and so on....

pros for 5 Bnet: WoW Token Gametime with no limits which saves you arround 600-700 bucks in a year.

What are your opinions and what method do you prefer?
    Last edited by Flumpumpel : 07-14-2016 at 03:12 AM

Blog Entries

Personally, for 5 accounts I prefer 1 bnet. For the vanity reasons that you listed, mostly because of the old mounts and achievement I have.
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com

I play with 8 characters and deliberately went for a single Battle.net account, for many of the reasons you've mentioned: having a single mount collection, pet collection, heirloom collection (and soon a wardrobe as well), account-wide items (e.g. pet charms, certain reputation tokens) and achievements (e.g. Draenor Pathfinder) to be available for all of my characters.

I did find the prospect of playing for free with the WoW Token rather appealing as the cost of game time does indeed add up, but when it comes down to it, as elaborate a hobby it might be, I still want it to be just that: a hobby. I don't want to spend my time farming things multiple times for each of my Battle.net accounts. And while I'm doing quite alright gold-wise and often enjoy the impulses and antics of my inner goblin, I want those to be optional activities as well. There are some people I play with who frequently go "I have to go do x because I'll need to have earned amount y in gold again by the end of the month", and that's not something I want to have to deal with. Over a decade ago I was a rather hardcore EVE Online player, and while I have some fond memories of those years, I don't ever want to go back to a point where a game ends up feeling like a job.

There are some other things I do to help me cut costs though, as there's no point in wasting money either. I buy my game time cards in bulk, which makes the cost comparable to 6-month subscriptions, but allows for more flexibility on my part: as the codes are 60-day time codes, I can shut (some) accounts down without locking myself into 6-month spurts. To facilitate this, I've also set things up in such a way that I can temporarily scale back to less accounts without feeling like I'm severely gimping myself. For example, all my guild banks are all located on the first two accounts, along with the characters I'd consider 'mains'. I do buy WoW Tokens of course, and will just keep my fingers crossed that the restrictions will be lifted at some point, or at least loosened up.

In any case, that's why I personally prefer a single Battle.net account. I hope this gives you some food for thought to decide what works best for you.

I'm with Multibear with this for the most part.

I have my 10 accounts over 2 B-nets (8/2 split) and it bothers me oddly much that I don't have all the same mounts and toys and whatnot on the secondary B-net. I've farmed a few and even thrown a decent chunk at the BMAH just to have a few matching mounts.

I'm considering dropping down to 5 as well, as I'm having a kid so game time and perhaps even money will be somewhat tighter (the main factor being that I don't know if I can justify upgrading hardware just now, which I would need to in order to continue with 10). However, I will definitely be using 5 of the "main" battle.net account, even if I am already token capped on it. As MB said, I too do not want to HAVE TO farm gold. I don't mind farming some gold for fun and getting nice stuff ingame, but I never wish it to be something that is required of me. I'm fine paying for my accounts and have always held the belief that if you can't comfortably do so, you really need to consider whether it's worth it in the first place.

I'm running all my 6 accounts on a single B-net. For me it only makes everything easier with all the BoA stuff.

The reason to split them seems to be the WoW tokens. I've stopped buying any tokens, and just pay for all my accounts. I also feel that I never wan't to make it a job, having to do things just to be able to refresh the subscription. If I'm going to be working (and do something that is not very enjoyable) my time is better spent doing my actual job and just spending the extra real money on the account subs.

However I guess that situation is not something anyone can do. Had it been 4 years ago when I was still in school, or if I had a job that I not easily could just work a few hours over, or if my extra money would be better spent at other things like supporting a family etc. Then one may have to sacrifice some of the "fun" gaming time, to just work and get the gold for sub-time.

Still it's pretty much money for a game. But I motivate it that there are worse habits which cost more, smoking, excessive drinking, a bit too fancy dinners/nights out with colleagues/friends etc. Since I don't do any of that very often, I can just pay for my WoW/multiboxing addiction instead

I vastly prefer using a single Bnet account for my 5 boxing, but I don't bother with WoW tokens.

Blog Entries

When you say save $600 bucks a year, that assumes that you are going to be playing and farming gold a LOT.

Personally I generally don't multibox more than a month or two at a time. I will probably still hit token restrictions because I like to keep 2 accounts for earning gold even when I'm not playing, but at the end of the day I'm getting $30 in entertainment value from those two accounts so it is fine.

Thx a lot guys, that makes my decision much easier. I'm impressed that so many prefer using a single bnet.
    I'm pretty sure now i will stay with my Main Bnet Account. And once i be able to buy Tokens again, i will spend 24 Tokens in the Master so that this account is always free to play.

I also feel that I never wan't to make it a job
    thats pretty much it what it feels like for me, and that feels badman.

I already hit the token limit just running 5 accounts under one email.

The limit is you can buy 36 in a 24 month period.

Dividing your account up is a personal decision. Some people have the extra money to blow and others don't! If I had 14 going- I would definitely divide that up to make it affordable. Probably keep a main team of 5.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.