Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Vetra USB 844 bc mega cast

ok so I have this vetra. hooked it up. its all usb so its plug and play. connects 1 mouse and 1 keyboard to control 4 games. Sounds simple but I am all over the place and the characters don't stick together because I am clicking on different parts of each screen. I have done dual boxing many years ago with software and figured using a vetra controller would be easier. am I overlooking something or doing something wrong. any advise would be great. thanks.

That is the general issue with 3d MMO type games. Because the camera views and perspective of each character in game is never exactly the same, then sending movement/mouse clicks to all screens will generally make your characters spread apart or move to different locations.

It works better with some other games like Diablo3, because the perspective of each player is fixed and the same, although even with that, the characters can still get out of sync in positioning, with stuns and kickbacks, and even game instance lag.

This is why most multiboxers of MMO's will use in game features like Follow to move the "slave" characters, and Assist features to get "slaves" to help the main toon. Broadcasting is normally only applied to getting skills to fire in game on all toons, or interaction with 2d items, like menus.

so if I stuck with broadcasting the keyboard, what is a good option for movement and follow.

I think you'd need to configure your "slave" toons with different in game keybinds, like movement for them could be the Arrow keys, while your main (and only your main) used WASD. Then with some in game macros, you could have your toons select your main, and follow him around. It does mean you'd get hosed if your main died, and you wanted to lead from another.

I'm finding it hard to come up with a lot of options because it depends on the game you are playing, which for the moment I have assumed it is WoW or something of the RPG-MMO style, and with that particular style, you need to be able to send different commands to different games for it to work effectively, including controlling a single toon at a time. Even D3, an Action RPG, you need to be able to control individual toons, especially when their positioning gets de-syncd.

IMO it will be a PITA. Reading the limited information available from the website and "user documentation", even signing into the game would be a potential brick wall, head banging exercise while using the device. You'd almost want 5 keyboards, 1 for each computer, and then a 5th for the Vetra. I can't think of any reason I'd want to use a device like that.
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 07-08-2016 at 09:34 AM

That's the nature of the beast. Basically, you are broadcasting everything always. As Bob says, you'll have to set up different follow keybinds for each character. You can make mouse-clicking generally work OK but you have to do three things for it to properly function:

1) Make sure all PCs have the same size desktop/monitor/etc. so that pixel 20,60 is the same position on all of them.
    2) Make sure all game clients are set to the same resolution/position and the same UI scaling/positioning.
    3) When your mouse cursors get out of sync (and they WILL get out of sync) you'll need to drag the cursor to the top-left corner to "zero" them all out.

I had to do this back in the day with some wireless kbs/mice and it did work, but it's just ugly compared to ISBoxer's mouse broadcasting.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Just ditch the hardware and get ISboxer! Join the modern age of multiboxing!!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )