Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: radeon rx480 ?

Default radeon rx480 ?

hi there

Running 10 men and using i7-i5820k processor and 16gb ram (upgrading to 32 this weekend)

Still using my 2gb radeon graphic card. And all settings low except master window.
    and looking for a (budget) card.. curios if its worth going for Radeon Rx 480 8gb.
    considering the price buy one first then after a couple of month get one more ..

Is it worth it ?

Sure, it would probably be a pretty nice upgrade, but CrossFire doesn't work in windowed mode so I wouldn't spend money on a second AMD GPU thinking you could put them together for more power while multiboxing.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

damn.... so ill guess i try go find some sli supported cards then..

With an 8GB card, would you NEED two? Can you 10 ox with this sort of CPU/GPU combo generally?

Well cpu seems to work fine for 10. but 2gb card that i have now seems to need undergeared. can have one window high resolution and slaves low settings

budget and SLI/crossfire don't exactly work in the same sentence. You're better off getting a more powerful card than 2 weaker ones in SLI. I don't recommend multiple GPUs unless you're willing to dish out loads of cash.

You also have to take your current system into consideration, such as available power, space and cooling.

EDIT: right now I wouldn't SLI anything under a gtx 1070. two rx480s in crossfire is benchmarking roughly the same as a single 1070, but if you go that route you'll have to deal with the nuances of two cards.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 07-09-2016 at 05:58 PM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.