Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

I used to run 5 @ 4k res on a 290x.
    Pretty sure a 480 can handle 5 @ 2k res.
    I used MiRai's on the fly gfx settings switching to keep slaves at low settings and everything was fine even with only 4gb vram.

Are there resolution settings per region or are we talking about res settings in game?

What Paz is (I think) talking about is things like RenderScale and all the detail stuff in macros.

See this thread: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...ds-of-Draenor)
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

But changing the resolution between regions/characters will affect broadcasting no?

Is there a guide to things to look for to help improve latency/game quality issues?

I am running 5 clients on a low end HP laptop:
    Processor: AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM

But I am close to being able to pull the trigger and get new PC soon...

Would something like the ASUS - GL552VW 15.6 Gaming laptop work for 5 mans ya think?

http://store.asus.com/us/item/201510AM170008064/A18486

Ok so the laptop wont work, not enough HP and upgrades arent an option really. Back to a desktop...

So it seems like I am really just gonna buy the whole hog, go I7-6700@4.0ghz and a GTX 1070, 16gb RAM or something.

I assume 5man is not a problem now, possibly 10 man with this hardware depending on settings? I am not a 4k kinda guy yet so tops ill run the main account at 1920 and the slaves on super low.

Please give me your feedback as I am close to pulling the trigger here....thanks!!!

Acer apparently has a "new" gaming desktop (Predator) that's reviewing pretty well. Not super expensive like some of the boutique builds I keep seeing around here. Some odd choices (e.g. power supplies) but seems legit.

Most people are still saying that I can get more bang for my buck if I build it myself. I am just nervous about the warranties really...having to break down the machine to return a single part sounds tough. I guess though if you buy quality parts, your pretty safe.

I am going to go and buy the pieces and build it myself I think...

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    Most people are still saying that I can get more bang for my buck if I build it myself. I am just nervous about the warranties really...having to break down the machine to return a single part sounds tough. I guess though if you buy quality parts, your pretty safe.

I am going to go and buy the pieces and build it myself I think...
    That's generally true when building an 80% plus rig. If you're OK with 75% or lower hardware (e.g. i5 6th gen, GTX 960 or lower, 16GB 2300 RAM, HDDs or single smaller SSD instead of RAID or large SSDs, etc.) then the white box builds or major manufacturers will be able to beat most individual build prices (excluding taking advantage of a bunch of sale/closeout or promotional stuff) simply due to economy of scale.

If you're building bleeding edge, you'll get a much better deal building it yourself as people like Alienware or the other boutique shops tend to charge a premium for everything.

The big savings on home-built is that we can buy standard, quality components that you can upgrade piece by piece for 3-5 years before you need a new PC again rather than having to buy a new laptop or desktop that can't be upgraded.

You have a budget number you're trying to hit?

Something around the 1200-1400 mark I think...I need that to go I7-6700K@4.0ghz and a GTX 1070, 16gb RAM, small SSD I would think.