Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bored

Default Bored

So, we've reached the point in the xpac (actually, reached it months ago) - that I can't even bring myself to log into live. Like, borderline depressed about the fact that I want to play, but hate leveling - and really have not enjoyed this xpac's content past the first leveling experience. Which brings me to this....

Now what? I find myself missing BC and Wrath (these were my favorite xpacs.) With all the talk of (the naughty server) being shut down, I find myself drawn to the possibilities of playing on one. But, I don't want to attach that stigma to myself, and reduce my reputation to that level.

So here I am, bored, depressed, and not having any fun with WoW, hearthstone, overwatch, Planetary Annihilation, Diablo, WC, etc. Have I just outgrown gaming? Will it be possible to recapture the feelings of BC>Wrath with Legion, or should I go down the rabbit hole and essentially kiss the DB community goodbye by turning into the enemy...

Anyone else, or is it just me?

Sad panda.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

I have also boxed on and off since BC.. that's a long time! I have suffered burnout many times.. then wasted loads of money on other games - only to find I dislike them. Best thing I did was take a break from pc gaming and spent a few months console gaming. I returned to wow with a goal in mind rather than just floundering, and I'm having tons of fun.
    I'm looking forward to the next expac, as I think it being more difficult is gonna bring back the fun aspect, so a server change and fresh teams is what I'm keeping myself busy with atm.

It happens to literally everyone playing WoW. Once you've completed the content you've set out to do, it's natural to be bored. The solution is either to find a new goal to work on in the game, or simple take time off until you feel like playing again.

While I think most people would agree that the last few expansions have not been the greatest, we also do tend to look back at "the old days" with pink nostalgia glasses on. Most of us are just so overexposed to the game and have already experienced most of the things it has to offer, so reliving that sense of wonder and adventure is perhaps never again attainable on the same level.

I for one have very fond memories of my noobie days where I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and was just going around as a boomkin in half agility, half intellect gear... Since druids do all roles, right? Yeah, made sense then... I've found that the more I've learned about the game and the more analytic my approach towards it has become, the less I enjoyed it. I got fairly good, but it was never the same.

Thankfully multiboxing has brought back some of the excitement for me, and even some of the more irrelevant content has refreshed value to me (for the time being atleast).

I go between WoW and ESO. ESO is the only MMO that i enjoy playing solo ( you cant box it anyway ). IF you like first person shooters.. The Division is an MMOish shooter and is a good break from fantasy.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

For me, I'm almost always ready to stop boxing after 4 weeks or raiding after 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    It happens to literally everyone playing WoW. Once you've completed the content you've set out to do, it's natural to be bored. The solution is either to find a new goal to work on in the game, or simple take time off until you feel like playing again.

While I think most people would agree that the last few expansions have not been the greatest, we also do tend to look back at "the old days" with pink nostalgia glasses on. Most of us are just so overexposed to the game and have already experienced most of the things it has to offer, so reliving that sense of wonder and adventure is perhaps never again attainable on the same level.

I for one have very fond memories of my noobie days where I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and was just going around as a boomkin in half agility, half intellect gear... Since druids do all roles, right? Yeah, made sense then... I've found that the more I've learned about the game and the more analytic my approach towards it has become, the less I enjoyed it. I got fairly good, but it was never the same.

Thankfully multiboxing has brought back some of the excitement for me, and even some of the more irrelevant content has refreshed value to me (for the time being atleast).
    I agree and can relate to everything above. Oh the days when Davidmage was young and went on all kinds of crazy adventures!

I was already bored of WoD a long time ago. I was playing single MM hunter, doing HFC heroic. After clearing that a few times I considered going Mythic. But to be honest it's just the same thing but harder. HFC wasn't so awesome anyway, so I stopped there.
    Then I picked up multiboxing, which I had not done since many expansions. My Pwnboxer wasn't working anymore, I tried ISBoxer instead.
    ISBoxer was so nice, that my initial team of 3 quickly grew to 5.
    But without my newly found interest in multiboxing, I would probably not be playing any more this expansion.

l'm going to make sure I have at least 2 million gold so I can buy that gold sink mount, but after that I am done until Legion.

Legion is not far away with pepatch before that....

So far what am doing in beta feels good. I like it! Stuff does not seem copy and paste like wos was + most stuff at wod was added at the end off beta.

I dont know how it play and how board we get blizzard has come to there sence and know that 2 year xpacs are not going to happen. So they should be planing with more patchs this should make it feel more like wotlk mop and wod they wonnted the next xpac out on a year and cut us a lot of doing nothing got 1 year... hope they go back to there roots