Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Mining Multiboxing Help Pls

Hey,

I got now my mining ops running and i mine a good bit of ore each time (iam in null sec)

but i entcountered a big problem. How to transport the ore... my corp luckely got a comression array in the system, so i dont need to leave the system. But last week i needed 2 and a half hour to transport the minind ore from the belt to the Compreesion array (with 2 miasmos (or something like that ^^)

Some people use a Freighter or an Orca because of the large cargo space.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

hauling alt. A Miasmos can keep up with the yield of a dozen miners. Larger operations should look at using a freighter. Don't bother with an orca - its 1/5 the hauling capability of a freighter for 1/2 the cost, not to mention it can't pick up enormous freight containers.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Yeah thats what i thought... Do you think i should consider a roqual ? Due to his ability to reprocess it on the fly ?

use a rorqual for boosting. It can compress but you can also use a compression array at a POS if there is one set up.

I have switched to the macks for ore capacity, and warp everything to a compression array when full. It doesn't take all that long to unload and get back into the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    I have switched to the macks for ore capacity, and warp everything to a compression array when full. It doesn't take all that long to unload and get back into the belt.
    Depending on your fleet size, it may be better to use a hauling alt. Time spent warping to a pos and unloading is time spent not cycling mining lasers.

When I mine, I use 1 toon in an orca to boost and play shepherd. with 11 procurers keeping at range 1 km behind it to dump into the fleet hanger. (i use procurers because it's way easier to keep track of 1 mining laser per ship than 2 or 3) And I run a miasmos back and forth between the hanger and the orca. If I were running hulks or covetors A Miasmos would barely keep up. 8 Covetors would keep a cargo toon busy with an orca on field acting as a fleet hanger.

(I have no experience with Rorquals so I cannot offer any advice regarding them)

I mean you could use a rorq to haul - just sit off 250km and tractor cans while aligned. The easiest way to mine is to drag ore into an enormous freight container hands down. If you're in nullsec then there is no good reason to have an orca.