Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Mythic+ dungeon comps!

I'm coming back to PvE in WoW for this reason alone. I want to run a 5 man comp for mythic+ dungeons in Legion. I'm expecting some dismal results at first until the curve is figured out. But I'm still debating internally the comp I'm going to use.

These are the possibilities:

Blood ( tank )
    MM * 3 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

I like this one for the simplicity. Gorefiend grasp is a really nice touch. Swap target to loose add for the grip and taunt is another plus for the DK. The hunter is always the easiest range to control. Seems like always an all-ranged DPS party is going to have it easiest. All MM means a very simple rotation to make and improve upon. The RSHM has a decent array of general healing for the team and riptide will still fill a nice instant heal for the team. We lose earth shield but I think the rotation is going to be far easier to manage now without it. This is always a plus for us multiboxers so I'm not in distress over it.

Blood ( tank )
    MM * 3 ( DPS )
    MW ( healer )

Same as above only difference is the mistweaver. The mistweaver is just more mobile than any other healer and I don't see that changing much in Legion. I'm not totally keen on the healing style though so still up in the air.

Blood ( tank )
    Arms ( DPS )
    MM * 2 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

This is my old party. The party I did cata heroics with ( pre nerf ) and the end time heroics. The arms warrior was always dicey as he would be the hardest hit by gimmick fights with knockbacks and PBAE spells. Obviously he's my sticking point here. Not as durable as blood and will be there to be hit. May wind up to be more micromanage than worth in mythic+ dungeons.

Prot ( tank )
    MM * 3 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

A variation of the old party minus the DK. The prot war has some things I think work like commanding shout but TBH I don't see him replacing my DK tank at this point. Less favored comp ATM.

Blood ( tank )
    Destro ( DPS )
    Arcane ( DPS )
    MM ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

This one is new for me. A full array of different classes. I've really wanted to rotate a mage into the party for a long time but the way the specs work doesn't work well with a hard hitting fast mobile comp. Arcane isn't the best choice. I guess frost would be. Still debating this one. Destro is less of a mystery. Healthstones and ports would be a nice addition.

Blood ( tank )
    Arms ( DPS )
    Ele * 2 ( DPS )
    RSHM ( healer )

A safety-first variation but less likely to work well in Legion. I may still opt for elementals but I haven't seen anything in Legion to suggest they'll be as easy to box as hunters are.

That does it for me. What do you think? Will you bother with mythic+ dungeons or do you see them as no-go for us?
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 06-23-2016 at 07:46 PM

Will you bother with mythic+ dungeons or do you see them as no-go for us?
    I've been doing spreadsheets to plan in order to do this on legion myself! I think they will be doable, at least the initial "tier" levels.

Your comps look good to me. I prefer paladin over death knight for the tank slot since with the removal of holy power and the new self healing of the pallys, they look easier to multibox. I'm not a big fan of the 1 melee - 2 ranged dps comp, so I'd try to avoid using that last one.

I'm currently planning on running a mixed class team like I did in Warlords, but I'm thinking that it will certainly be easier with the tank-healer-3 hunters composition.

As for the mixed team, currently it features a prot paladin, resto druid, ele shaman, warlock, hunter. For legion im thinking about replacing the druid with a holy priest since I've been reading good things, and still deciding on dps. I was never quite happy with the warlock as it struggled to keep up with the rest of the dps on single-target boss fights, which lets face it, are most of the dungeon bossses.

Quote Originally Posted by thorboxing View Post
    I've been doing spreadsheets to plan in order to do this on legion myself! I think they will be doable, at least the initial "tier" levels.

Your comps look good to me. I prefer paladin over death knight for the tank slot since with the removal of holy power and the new self healing of the pallys, they look easier to multibox. I'm not a big fan of the 1 melee - 2 ranged dps comp, so I'd try to avoid using that last one.

I'm currently planning on running a mixed class team like I did in Warlords, but I'm thinking that it will certainly be easier with the tank-healer-3 hunters composition.

As for the mixed team, currently it features a prot paladin, resto druid, ele shaman, warlock, hunter. For legion im thinking about replacing the druid with a holy priest since I've been reading good things, and still deciding on dps. I was never quite happy with the warlock as it struggled to keep up with the rest of the dps on single-target boss fights, which lets face it, are most of the dungeon bossses.

For DPS I focus on snap damage ( that is consistent DPS on swaps ), cleave setups ( 1-3 targets rotation is the same ) and last mobility.

Thus far between the elemental shaman and the hunter ele wins. The reason is my range follow toggle. The elementals can quickly swap to ghost wolf and follow my master. So mobility is really high for dragging them around while the DK is tanking. Though I really like the hunter's IWT being closer to melee.

The big problem with elemental in WoD was the serious lack of snap damage. They were abysmal in my heroic dungeon runs. Doing 2k less than the tank most of the time. On bosses they were better. On trash cleave better but where I needed them to be just wasn't good. This seems to be fixed in Legion though.

For the hunters I know they are king kiters. So I'm ditching the RSHM for the MW monk because I think spirit link totem will go to waste if I go 3*MM + Blood for my party. Besides the MW plays very well on Legion too so no loss.

RSHM + 3*Ele + Blood feels stronger because elementals will be more stationary so spirit link won't go to waste. Healing rain will be useful as well.

Not feeling pally tank at all. Though I could see it being useful. The big thing for the Blood DK is grip and grasp. Just those two can fix any serious screwup in positioning. Misdirect is nice but there are a lot of times you'll lose aggro to a high snap damage spec.

The way MM turns out in the final 7.0 push is going to determine for me if hunters are going to replace elementals.

Funny thing about WoD dungeons is that there are some dungeons that are easy on a ranged party and some that are not. Like second boss of grimrail depot. NOT an easy fight for a ranged party on heroic. But I imagine a full melee party excels in that dungeon.

Of course next expansion shamans and hunters will both have melee specs. So this may not matter in the long run.

I know this is old, but, for mythic+ there is really only 1 choice IMO as a boxing group.

Beast Mastery hunters for DPS.

They have arguably the best sustain aoe in the game, respectable single target. WW monk might be better AOE overall, but its much more difficult to execute and is susceptible to movement. BM hunters are faceroll easy to leverage DPS out of, and they do HUGE cleave. In addition you can carry a bloodlust and a battlerez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercbeast View Post
    I know this is old, but, for mythic+ there is really only 1 choice IMO as a boxing group.

Beast Mastery hunters for DPS.

They have arguably the best sustain aoe in the game, respectable single target. WW monk might be better AOE overall, but its much more difficult to execute and is susceptible to movement. BM hunters are faceroll easy to leverage DPS out of, and they do HUGE cleave. In addition you can carry a bloodlust and a battlerez.
    OR 4Dks and Prot Paly healer ( yes i said that right...PROT paly healer ) OR 5 Prot paladins!

Is anyone have success with traditional trinity teams in mythics atm?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    OR 4Dks and Prot Paly healer ( yes i said that right...PROT paly healer ) OR 5 Prot paladins!

Is anyone have success with traditional trinity teams in mythics atm?
    If you just want to finish mythic+ dungeons, that would work, but if you want to get the bonus level ups and chests, you're gonna have to run DPS and BM is almost certainly the best choice for that DPS.

Going to try Demon Hunters after Pallys.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 10-12-2016 at 08:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mercbeast View Post
    If you just want to finish mythic+ dungeons, that would work, but if you want to get the bonus level ups and chests, you're gonna have to run DPS and BM is almost certainly the best choice for that DPS.
    Not 100% True. I would argue that playing the trinity might be harder than playing 5x tanks or 4x tanks 1 healer. There is a lot of AoE damage and mechanics that boxers would simply have to eat and brute force and would probably not be able to survive higher level mythic+. You cannot heal up a party's hp in a few casts like you could in WoD.

I run with 4 Blood DKs and 1 Prot Pally and I get 1-2 bonus chests for most mythics+'s under +2.

I believe the rate at which you clear the trash is more important than the speed in which you kill the bosses in mythic+ and tanks excel at killing trash. Most bosses are under 2-3 minutes even on mythic+4.

I would love to see a video of someone multiboxing a trinity setup and beating a timer in mythic+. I bet they would almost have to play ranged dps. I tried it with 1x blood 3x frost and 1x holy pally and It did not feel as controlled as 4x blood and 1x prot. I did do more damage with the Frost DKs but by playing frost I had to put my paladin back to holy which offset some of the damage I gained. Any AoE mechanic on trash or on bosses or cleave effects I would have to be must faster at getting out of them or spreading out. Each second I was too slow it felt like I had to spend 5 seconds on my healer trying to heal my DKs back up so they aren't one shot the next time a mechanic goes out.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 10-12-2016 at 10:26 AM