Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default DPS issue with my hunters

Hello folk

I create this topic because i have a DPS issue with my hunters team. They are average 680 ilvl and around 16k dps.
    According Noxxic website, i should be around 40k dps.

Which macros do you use and which isboxer configuration you recommend ?

Thanks you a lot

Just a quick note, you wont likely get 40k until you're in the 700+ ilevel range. At 680 iLevel you might get 16k by yourself but should be 25k in raid all buffed.

Are you MM or BM? I can post my macros, at 705+ iLevel I am doing 40k DPS.

Thanks you for your answer.

One of my hunter is 702 ilvl and do 22k dps.
    I'm MM but i can play BM if i can do better dps.

Yes, i'm interested by your macros Thanks

TBH I always found that even the "realistic" numbers on any DPS rankings sites are not really representative of what most players should expect to get out of their character, let alone a multiboxed character, where by default optimal play on all characters is even more rare.

My current hunter setup does nowhere near the numbers stated on that site. At 701 ilvl (no legendurpies) I can maintain 50k on a Dungeoneer's Training Dummy and about 37k on a Raider's Training Dummy. Running MM Lone Wolf, tested with just the 5% stat buff (7 million damage done sample size).

Might just be that I suck at creating rotations, but I really doubt I could tweak this to suddenly get 20k more sustained single target DPS.

Yes that's why i really want macros of JohnGabriel to check what i'm doing wrong and why i only have 22k dps with 702 ilvl.

I was in LFR once and somebody pulled too much and I had 115k DPS, we wiped but appears my AOE is a nuclear bomb. Overall I am consistent top 5 when dualboxing hunters (only take 2 at a time). Some people have 50k+ and sorry I cant help you get that.

This is probably the guy you want to help with your MM macros,
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/content/1...er-Team-Videos

Here are my BM macros. These are prior to moving them into isBoxer for pro setup but they are exactly like this.

Basically this is 5 keybinds and you'd "button-mash" for your dps. Of course IsBoxer does the button-mash for you from a single DPS key.

keybind 1, Misdirection
    /cast [@pet,dead] revive pet; [nopet] call pet 1
    /stopmacro [flying][noharm][channeling]
    /castsequence [@pet,help,exists] reset=target/16 misdirection, null
    /startattack
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

keybind 2, Combat 1
    /castsequence [combat] reset=9/target Kill Command, Mend Pet, null
    /cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
    /cast [combat] Intimidation
    /startattack

Keybind 3, Combat 2
    /cast Kill Shot
    /cast War Stomp
    /startattack

Keybind 4, Combat 3
    /castsequence reset=90 dire beast, glaive toss, glaive toss, focus fire
    /startattack

Keybind 5, Combat 4
    /castsequence reset=combat/15 arcane shot, mend pet, cobra shot, cobra shot, kill command, arcane shot, cobra shot, cobra shot, kill command
    /startattack

Also have keybinds for:
    Multishot
    Garrison Ability
    traps
    etc

Thanks you a lot JohnGabriel!

I will try your BM macros tomorrow

I'll mention I only get 40k+ out of my hunters. My warlock and shaman come close though.

i run 5x MM on mythic dungeons and LFR, i can do about 50k sustained on raids, could do more, but usually if i don't switch to kill adds no one does. and usually amount to about 60%+ of all raid damage. (ilvl 720 average)
    On mythic dungeons i can burst 110k+ on all characters, and i don't even have ring, again this as MM. but i don't use lone wolf, so after the burst DPS goes down to about 66k ish.

nothing survives that burst on mythics, so its not really an issue.

anyway, i don't use any DPS macros... for MM its easy enough just to do a regular rotation. if i had Tier bonus things would get a bit complicated, but LFR tier is garbage.

i would suggest you try doing a regular rotation and practice on dummies with MM.

as for BM, its not easy to macro DPS... you will waste stacks of Focus fire. either because you have to trigger it early, or because you have to wait on it till more than one character has 5 stacks.

on legion i might have to switch from doing proper rotations to just spamming... seeing as all specs and classes have horrible RNG rotations.

edit: one thing i didn't see you mention is your pets, do you have all buffs that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by CMKCot View Post

anyway, i don't use any DPS macros... for MM its easy enough just to do a regular rotation. if i had Tier bonus things would get a bit complicated, but LFR tier is garbage.

i would suggest you try doing a regular rotation and practice on dummies with MM.
    While I agree that controlling the toons yourself instead of relying on macros will lead to more efficiency and thus higher output, I feel I should point out that that is not really an option when running mixed groups of characters, which is where these macro setups are generally utilized.