Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Final Fantasy XIV - Configuration Advice

I have only started to multibox FFXIV recently, but since there's not a lot of resource out there for boxers I thought I would share my findings.

Feel free to contribute.

Target Main Character

There may be more elegant methods, especially to be able to change target on the fly - but for now I have settled on

/target "main character name"

Originally I just used 'F2' to select the second person in the party list, but once you enter an instanced Duty, they party gets jumbled up and your leader is no longer the second person in the list.

Follow

Two macros fired off one key press.

I press ALT-F and it triggers the two keys I've assigned to

and

/follow

This might work as one macro, I will test later.

DPS Keys

Since there are times when you will need to solo you characters through quests you will want a macro that will work both solo and in a party. As an Arcanist I use

/ac "Ruin" <t>
    /ac "Ruin" <tt>

and

/ac "Bio" <t>
    /ac "Bio" <tt>

Since <t> (target) is my main character during party missions it will not cast on a friendly, it will go on to <tt> target of target and cast at the enemy.

The <t> will work when the character targets the enemy directly, and therefore will kick in during solo missions.

Action / Confirm Quests

I use 'Assist' on one key, then 'Confirm' on another. These are built into the key configuration off FFXIV, you will want to assign them and broadcast the keys.

Since my follow action has my party always targeting the main character, when I want them to interact with a quest giver or quest object etc.. I select the npc/node on my main, hit assist, then spam confirm. I have these each assigned to my keypad on my Logitech G600 mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    Target Main Character

There may be more elegant methods, especially to be able to change target on the fly - but for now I have settled on

Originally I just used 'F2' to select the second person in the party list, but once you enter an instanced Duty, they party gets jumbled up and your leader is no longer the second person in the list.

Follow

Two macros fired off one key press.

I press ALT-F and it triggers the two keys I've assigned to

and

/follow

This might work as one macro, I will test later.
    I would recommend the Simplified Follow & Assist setup rather than hard-coding just a single character to be followed or assisted. I even do a recap of the system showing how it works in FFXIV, but I suggest watching the full overview before watching the recap.

DPS Keys

Since there are times when you will need to solo you characters through quests you will want a macro that will work both solo and in a party. As an Arcanist I use

/ac "Ruin" <t>
    /ac "Ruin" <tt>

and

/ac "Bio" <t>
    /ac "Bio" <tt>

Since <t> (target) is my main character during party missions it will not cast on a friendly, it will go on to <tt> target of target and cast at the enemy.

The <t> will work when the character targets the enemy directly, and therefore will kick in during solo missions.
    If you do switch to the above method for following and assisting, then you won't have to build macros for every single spell and you can just broadcast regular keys bound to in-game spells/abilities (since you mention that your assist is on its own hotkey). However, this can obviously change if you're not running four of the same class together.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I would recommend the Simplified Follow & Assist setup rather than hard-coding just a single character to be followed or assisted. I even do a recap of the system showing how it works in FFXIV, but I suggest watching the full overview before watching the recap.

If you do switch to the above method for following and assisting, then you won't have to build macros for every single spell and you can just broadcast regular keys bound to in-game spells/abilities (since you mention that your assist is on its own hotkey). However, this can obviously change if you're not running four of the same class together.
    thanks for that, i will set it up now!

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Just spent an hour wondering why my FTL wasn't working

I followed the wizard as per your video, but none of it worked until I enabled "Hold any Kestroke Actions while Hotkey is held"

Not sure it was in your other videos, but happened across it on this one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNU...utu.be&t=8m18s

Just spent an hour wondering why my FTL wasn't working

I followed the wizard as per your video, but none of it worked until I enabled "Hold any Kestroke Actions while Hotkey is held"

Not sure it was in your other videos, but happened across it on this one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNU...utu.be&t=8m18s
    I thought Lax had fixed that, but I guess ISBoxer still doesn't enable the Hold option for the known games that require it (e.g. FFXIV, Aion). I've now added a note to the description of the videos, but I imagine most people will still miss it there.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology