Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default 5 Elemental Shamans - Heroic Adventures!

I'm really enjoying my new alt team. So here comes a video of me doing my favorite instance.

Since it's another 5 dps setup, defeating bosses will highly rely on the amount of damage they can push out. I'm only going to gear these characters with easily obtained PvP items, so heroics is probably their limit.
    For this dungeon it does however feel like there is a bit more left to give after each encounter - maybe this team will attempt a mythic in the future

in the pepatch conquest gear will be super easy to get (ilvl 630) you get a "mark on honor" that is BoA as well so ill be doing a lot on my geared chars.

each item is around 2-5 tokens

i manged to do a HC with all Demo Locks on the PTR! the pets feel so good they do all the hard work so as soon as it setup i just run around like a headless chicken buffing the pets ill have to get a video out looks kinda cool with my little army am Ilvl 680 on the ptr.
    Last edited by ebony : 06-16-2016 at 12:48 AM

davidmage, damn, you make those heroics and mythics look so easy I've been stuck in my Garrison tables for a long, long time, but your videos are truly inspiring to make me keep continuing where I left off in Cata (5 mages pew pew heroics) ^^

While multiboxing the current content with tank+3dps+healer is awesome indeed, the 5dps runs are somewhat more entertaining. Hats off from the neighbour!

Ebony, congrats as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    in the pepatch conquest gear will be super easy to get (ilvl 630) you get a "mark on honor" that is BoA as well so ill be doing a lot on my geared chars.

each item is around 2-5 tokens

i manged to do a HC with all Demo Locks on the PTR! the pets feel so good they do all the hard work so as soon as it setup i just run around like a headless chicken buffing the pets ill have to get a video out looks kinda cool with my little army am Ilvl 680 on the ptr.
    Hehe nice going with your warlocks!

Do you know anymore details as how you get that new "mark of honor"?
    And is there any word as to when this patch is supposed to come?

Quote Originally Posted by beeq View Post
    davidmage, damn, you make those heroics and mythics look so easy I've been stuck in my Garrison tables for a long, long time, but your videos are truly inspiring to make me keep continuing where I left off in Cata (5 mages pew pew heroics) ^^

While multiboxing the current content with tank+3dps+healer is awesome indeed, the 5dps runs are somewhat more entertaining. Hats off from the neighbour!

Ebony, congrats as well!
    Thanks, glad I can inspire!

I have not yet done anything with a complete group composition (closest is adding a healer, but I've never included the tank role also). Guess I've been avoiding the additional setup and changes I would have to do to my current setup. Managing a complete group with all roles as a multiboxer is technically most challenging.

On the other side it's is fun to do something which is more unique, instead of doing the same thing all regular players do, but as a multiboxer. I played all of these dungeons on mythic a lot as a single player. Doing it without tank and healer puts the encounters in a different perspective.
    And I just want to destroy things fast. If my enemies doesn't fall over fast, then what's the point?

David, very nice

How long did it take to gear up all 5? And are 5 shamans anywhere close to the dps/ease of playing 5 hunters?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Damons View Post
    David, very nice

How long did it take to gear up all 5? And are 5 shamans anywhere close to the dps/ease of playing 5 hunters?

Thanks.
    To only reach full blue PvP it does not take very long time. Do the ashran weekly once a week on each char, and get in some boss kills for chance on a blue item. Random battlegrounds can be worth doing during the bonus honor event.
    I'm lazy so I bought about 10 champion's honor. Rest of the gear (full blue + few epics) I got from some ashran and random battlegrounds. I have no complete estimation of the actual PvP time that needs to be spent in total, since when I play only 1 char I often watch series at the same time to pass the time.
    Anyway getting items from PvP is probably faster than doing PvE. Especially if you decide to multibox while PvPing. I've not done that since I didn't want to bother with working out some kind of follow in ashran/bgs (since the standard follow is disabled)
    My hunters I've spent so much more time on. They have all done legendary ring quest, and then I've played them single in raids to gear them up with 4-set and close to the best from what you can get from HFC HC.
    However that also shows in the dps. My hunters can by now push between 200-300k during the ring phase, effectively killing anything I want. That dps is only because of the legendary ring, and the 4-set bonus, none of which my shamans have.
    However, If I compare what my hunters does without 4-set and legendary ring, I would say that shaman have a higher dps during cooldowns (boss fights) but less dps without the cools.
    Shamans also have no tank, so that always makes things harder. It works in heroics, but mythics will be something different.
    Last edited by davidmage : 06-22-2016 at 02:56 AM

Nice stuff

I think enhancement may be stronger come Legion, as it still gets healing surge free if you have zero maelstrom - where for ele now costs maelstrom which is going to impact dps.

https://youtu.be/0TDSwTXlYbY?t=550
    Last edited by Andreauk : 06-22-2016 at 03:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Nice stuff

I think enhancement may be stronger come Legion, as it still gets healing surge free if you have zero maelstrom - where for ele now costs maelstrom which is going to impact dps.

https://youtu.be/0TDSwTXlYbY?t=550
    Yep Enhancement is looking good for legion - I might change change my loot spec to enh for a while and gather some gear so I can try it out soon

Hey Davidmage what server do you play on?
    I have an alliance huntard I am pvp gearing via Ashran if you wish to drag a shami or two with me.