Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Auto-Assist isnt working

Hello,

I recently got isboxer trial, and when i tab target it doesn't auto-assist, but my friends isboxer does. we wen't through the same setup and made sure we had the same settings and everything. we made sure that the addon was installed for both of us and such. we tried to make a click and assist key-map that didn't really work... was wondering if anyone could help us figure this out. please and thank you!

We are both pretty new to multiboxing.

If you are pressing the TAB key to target and tying the /assist to the same keypress, it won't work.

Consider:
    1. TAB key pressed on client 1.
    2. Game client sends keypress event to WoW server.
    3. <Insert internet/server latency delay here>
    4. WoW server sends acknowledgement and target update event to client 1 and other nearby clients.
    5. <Insert internet/server latency delay here>
    6. Client 2 sees target change on client 1.
    7. Client 2 can now /assist client 1.
    8. Client 2 presses /assist <client 1> key/macro.
    9. <Insert internet/server latency delay here>
    10. WoW server sends acknowledgement and target update event to client 2.
    11. Spells can now be cast against client 2's new target.

Let's assume your latency (when you hover your mouse cursor over the menu button) shows 120ms. That means client 2 will not be able to fire a spell at the assisted target for at least 360ms, and that's assuming you are spamming the key like a baboon that got into a pro football team's stash of snickers bars and red bull.

What (I would presume) most of us do is have our combat macro key fire an /assist <main> as part of the mapped key so you just start spamming the keys and the followers just start firing once the target update happens (step 11 above).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Does your manual /assist work or is the issue only with auto-assist? Also are these Mapped Keys you made yourself or the ones the Wizard set up for you?