Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 55

Default Legion World PvP Teams

Hello everyone!

I have been waiting until closer to the Legion launch to consider team setups, but now I think we're close enough to toss some ideas around. I'll split my thoughts into melee and ranged--And I'm talking about a team of 10 or more characters. With that in mind...

Ranged:
    1. Warlocks look amazing. With Shadowburn, you just need enough Warlocks that they can one-shot a character with Shadowburn, and you'll be able to blow up one person per GCD at instant speed, while moving, without spending mana. With the new Fire and Brimstone and/or Wreak Havoc, you're looking at good AoE potential. They also come with an AoE stun, albeit with a 1.5 second cast.

2. Hunters also look amazing. Because of IWT not being functional for Hunters you can't run Survival, but MM looks great. With Barrage and Sidewinders they'll be able to chew through any number of characters easily, and Hunter single-target burst is, of course, instant and usable while moving. The obvious downside is that there is no real AoE CC available with Hunters :/

3. Priests seem interesting, but I'm not sure how good they'll be. Mindbomb is an amazing AoE stun that you could cast on every single target with enough Priests in your group, but their AoE is virtually nonexistent and their DPS isn't as mobile as Warlocks or Hunters.

4. None of the other ranged classes/specs look very interesting to me. Druid lost its crazy AoE and their single-target DPS isn't super impressive, though with the changes to Balance you can now multibox it much easier. Mage doesn't have anything that's particularly interesting from a multiboxing perspective. Shaman are virtually immobile while casting, plus you have to ground target totems now. Without the SWTOR innovation of "autocast ground targeted spells on my target" I don't see them being better than average.

Melee:
    1. I have to say that once again Death Knights seem to be head and shoulders above the rest. Death Grip solves so many problems, and the AoE of Howling Blast is just stupid good. Even Unholy looks competitive this time around, though all specs still lack any sort of AoE CC.

2. Demon Hunters seem actually doable to me. For mobility, they've got a 15 yard charge on a 15 second cooldown that can be reset through your normal rotation. Additionally, they have Fel Rush on a 10 second cooldown AND an insta-cast AoE 5 second stun. With 8 or more of them, you could chain it pretty effectively to shut down people's offense. Eye Beam and Fel Barrage seem like strong AoE damage, too. I think, overall, you're losing part of the strength of the DH by not being able to individually manage the Fel Rush, but the AoE stun and damage are really enticing.

3. I think the rest of the melee classes kind of fall into the same camp of "I do good damage but I don't have any break-out abilities". None of them have the same mobility tools that DK/DH have, which to me is the first and last problem you have to solve with a melee team. Boxing 15 toons, the thing that held me back always was managing to get as many toons into melee range as possible. In any situation where you're facing a lot of people, you're going to spend a lot of time snared/rooted/stunned unless you have some good AoE CC that doesn't break on damage (DH, Warrior, and Monk all have this, though Monk's is only a 5 yard range vice 8 on the DH and Warrior).

So, those're my thoughts. Since I was unable to get my Bnet split up, I'll be restarting a week or two after Legion launches. I'd love to have some productive back and forth on this topic
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

i have to say i had many talks to players about this. and we been looking at paladins a lot again if we get rooted its kinda bad but then we was thinking the pala/dk setup.

To be fair i been playing a lot with warlocks and or though the shadowbrun build atm is the only build you can play as desto. we have a bit of CC thats not to bad. or though you need a felhunter for spell lock. But atm its the artifact ins cast spell x3 changes and then ShadowBruns and the other ins cast fire spell.

again this is not a number topic i understand that but desto is really really lacking, but we have a lot of def and shields and one of the few classes that can take a good beating.

Or though i seem to be falling more for Demo atm i love all the pets! the pets do all the hardwork and get assess to a x2 ins stuns. the aoe is good. doom is kinda funny when stacked for the dmg it does. and healing is really top atm am doing more healing them some healers in bgs. (maybe a number problem)

but right now the xpac or the starts and the pvp templates seems to go for Melee i don;t know how well they play in the world. as i can not really see many boxers doing arena.

Ebony, have you played around with Demon Hunters at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Ebony, have you played around with Demon Hunters at all?
    Yep i played the into quest my setup is your dk spam bar follow worked well. The eye beam was a pain but i did not setup any marocs.

Currently with no reliable way to break snares on their own demonhunters are a horrible choice. Also, hunter have to cast their single target burst shots besides piercing shot, but that is a 30 sec cooldown. Aimed shot is not available while moving any longer.

If it were me I would go with blood dks and prot paladins. Blood with double grips and mass grip and prot with avengers and 25% targetable instant heal every 10 secs along with their cool auras. Dont have to worry about holy power with prot as well.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 06-10-2016 at 10:58 AM

@Fat Tire
    Don't all the melee struggle with roots and snares though? It seems like all of'em are susceptible to chain roots/stuns--One of the reasons I think DH will be good is because of their strong AoE stun. I think it'll make it harder to pull off successive CC effects on a team.

I wonder if the DH PvP talent Reverse Magic works on non-damaging harmful spell effects, like Frost Nova etc...

AoE stun is a mixed bag. On the beta most pvpers are still human and humans get a free "get out of stun" trinket. Counting the stun DR and your not getting much bang for your mass mutiboxing buck with DH, unless youre playing vengeance spec as they just dont die atm.

Yes, some melee are having a harder time with snares/roots than others. Some melee are able to stick to casters much easier in legion. However, one nerf or buff either way and it could be real rough.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 06-10-2016 at 03:20 PM

rets got all the healing and cc dispel blessing on 30 sec cooldown, combined with a blood dk for double deathgrip and death chain, thats probably the best comp for anything

eventually it will come down to numbers, but talent wise ret looks very solid

its really a joke when you compare pvp talents of any class with those from shaman, "when you use stormstrike on a target you will also cast chainlightning on it" I'd really like to know which genius came up with this brilliant idea. Looking back at MOP it should actually read "when you use stormblast you will actually cast stormblast not just triggering the cooldown and nothing happens despite the target cant even parry/dodge"

Shams have bloodlost on a 30sec cd no debuff as well.. that is just sillly.

As for holy power jamba can track this now for your team.

The problem with World PvP in general in Legion is that stat templates don't take effect in world, making world pvp pretty much worthless in Legion. Any mythic raider can walk up to an LFR geared boxer and AoE him twice and hes dead. Its silly. Hopefully they allow stat templates in world like they have in instances to fix this, if people complain enough.

As far as classes go DK's have had a lot of changes. I kept my eye on them since alpha began, then through beta still. If your going DK, you'll still want to run frost/blood os but its about only about half as strong as it was in WoD due to Rime. Your Howling Blast now reguires a proc to do full damage (Buffs it by 300% after you obliterate). You can buff it via talents, and now you have 6 runes to spam it instead. But it wont hit nearly as hard anymore unfortunately without you obliterating first.

For Demon Hunters they could be pretty decent in tank spec for world PvP. One of the main attacks (and most other main attacks for Vengeance) are AoE/Cleave abilities. One interesting ability is soul cleave or something like that, it hits all enemies in front of you for (on my DH) 158k dmg and heals for 180k. As long as you can manage being hit at range they look good. Maybe not the best damage though if your facing larger raids with many healers, you won't beat the heals unfortunately. The other DH spec increases in speed with Mastery but has very very few AoE abilities. Mainly just eye beam and the other one.

Warriors have had a lot of good work done on them. Arms warriors (If you know how to box warriors, some people find it tough) look fantastic in legion for boxing. Cleave and Whirlwind are basically both main attacks now and Mortal Strike can hit another target. They have a lot of cleave AoE that is just built into their main attacks. Combine that will the CD's they now have and you could run 20 of them into a blob of 60 players and take them all out in a cleave or two. Fury is meh right now, i've been looking a lot at it hoping it improves since currently its the only spec with Bladestorm. But for boxing it doesn't seem amazing. Just my opinions so far from what i have seen on Alpha and Beta