Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 55

It seems like Demon Hunters, with Reverse Magic and Darkness (amplified by PvP's Cover of Darkness) make for a crazy team. With 8-10 DH, you could rotate Reverse Magic every 2 seconds or so... That would fix all your root problems (Frost Nova and the Druid root)!

Anyone have any idea of how fast the PvP leveling will work without doing BGs and/or arenas?
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    It seems like Demon Hunters, with Reverse Magic and Darkness (amplified by PvP's Cover of Darkness) make for a crazy team. With 8-10 DH, you could rotate Reverse Magic every 2 seconds or so... That would fix all your root problems (Frost Nova and the Druid root)!

Anyone have any idea of how fast the PvP leveling will work without doing BGs and/or arenas?
    World pvp quests seems to show 2+ at a time and give a set blue item and a good deal of xp it seems they last 4 hours before new one shows i can not test untill 110 but i have been to them.

From winning 2 bgs i got a level 1-6 is very fast it slows down a lot after that for 2nd row (4+ wins) and 3rd row nerver got to. Stuff like this is changing a lot and goes down to players on your realm.

Jamba will have the honor xp bar support.

I have a question about Unholy DKs that hopefully someone in the beta can answer.

With the T1 talent Bursting Spores, you get a small AoE from each Festering Wound that bursts. Festering Wound says that it also bursts when the target dies; does this mean that you get the AoE from each unburst Festering Wound when they die before you can pop them?

That was my reading of it, but the FinalBoss second pass of Unholy DK said it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I have a question about Unholy DKs that hopefully someone in the beta can answer.

With the T1 talent Bursting Spores, you get a small AoE from each Festering Wound that bursts. Festering Wound says that it also bursts when the target dies; does this mean that you get the AoE from each unburst Festering Wound when they die before you can pop them?

That was my reading of it, but the FinalBoss second pass of Unholy DK said it doesn't.
    Meant to test this earlier, but Beta servers have been up and down like an elevator lately.

As far as I can tell, you do not get the AOE from the unburst Festering Wounds. Atleast I did not see fairly obvious damage numbers pop up, nor anything in my combat log. Take this with a grain of salt as usual.

I've done a little beta arena yesterday, havent played for half a year now so I didnt really know what to do but it worked out really well. Windstrike+doom winds + random numbers from random damage sources (I couldnt track down from where they all came from lol) is gonna be oneshot in its current state for 3-4 shamans. Counterstrike totem, as expected, is retardedly op. If you drop it in a zerg fest and they dont see it they basically kill themselves in a couple of seconds. I had a duel vs a warrior and killed him in 2-3 sec with ascendacne+cs totem while he had cooldowns up too. The totem has 5 hp though so against better players its not that useful but in the <2200 3v3 it can win the game for you.

Our dps is also sick, I forgot bloodlust half the time but when lining up with doomwinds every 45 sec it hits hard. Maelstorm generation is also quite easy, as long as you are withing 10 yard range on a target to spam bolderfist you wont run out of it. Speaking of it, all of the rockbiter/flametongue/frostbrand/boulderfist attacks have 10 yard range which makes up abit for the loss on windwalk totem I guess. Right now lava lash is not hitting that hard so I would use the maelstorm on healing, the heals do 175k on a 1.5M healthpool so alittle over 10%, thats quite ok considering with 100 maelstorm you can spam 5 instant heals in a row. The limiting factor is mana though, healcost is not reduced by maelstorm so after those 5 heals you have to attack stuff to reg mana, full mana bar takes approx 15 seconds.

Mobility is somewhat ok, we still have 60% runspeed+root remove on 60 sec cooldown and a charge called feral lunge (which is far bettern than the crappy totem in that tier, even for multiboxing), what sucks though is that the healing rain is in the same tier. If you're about to do a world pvp team I would suggest to add a dk to the team (blood for double deathgrip) and then take the instant healing rain talent, its quite good for group healing.

As for the bad stuff, no more shamanistic rage for enhance, but astral shift which is weaker overall. No more tremor /grounding totem so get used to stay in full fear whenever you have no trinket ready :/. That does suck but since cs totem has 100% uptime its gonna make up for it, atleast in world pvp.

Gonna test ret and dk next. In case of cs totem nerfs I'm gonna play Kromtors dk/ret combo because the gameplay is going to be cool with trinket+cc dispel rotations. Shamans got their skillcap massively lowered since you no longer have to track windwalk/tremor/reset totems cooldowns, not sure how fun it is on the long run with basically zero totem management.
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 06-22-2016 at 05:10 AM

KrushPak what server do you play on?
    EU or US?

Do you twitch stream at all? Your old pvp videos are insane.

I'm EU, streaming wasnt possible for me over the years since the best possible internet in my region had 0.7mbit upload. Meanwhile its 3 mbit upload and thats probably barely enough for 720p stream, something that I have to check out in the near future. If my latency wont be affected all too much I'll stream in legion.

I may be coming back as well. gonna have to decide on my team! Some interesting info posted here so I guess I will have some choices to make on what I want to do!
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

I'm planning on leveling mages first, of all things.

Arcane gives Mass Invisibility, which will cause every enemy to detarget you. I'm not sure if healing or taking actions other than damage will pop you out, but if it doesn't...

Krush, lots of good information on the shaman. You're not worried about mobility?

Will be interesting to see if CC totem gets nerfed, but as Krusch said, against competent players (atleast in arena) it's a no-brainer to deal with utilizing targetting macros and add-ons to warn you of it's presence. The only real problem with it that I can see is it being dropped close by out of LOS, in some cases making attacking not an option before you locate it, waddle over to it (while most likely slowed) and kill it.

I honestly think that Rets could be viable in the right hands. They are severely nerfed in the off-healing department, but they can do some serious burst damage if specced for it. Judgement (+20% damage on Holy Power Spenders), +35 % from Avenging Wrath + Trinkets ? % + Hammer of Justice to increase Justicar's Vengeance damage by 100%. Then just Wake of Ashes to instantly gain 5 more holy power and hit Justicar's Vengeance again, although I doubt you would need to if you land the first one.

Leaning more towards a few simplified teams for my setups. For now considering a melee team and a ranged team:

Ranged: 1x Prot Warr, 3x Hunter, 3x Boomkin, 3x Resto Shaman / MW Monk
    Melee: 1x Blood DK, 3x Frost DK 3x Enha Shammy, 3x MW Monk

This is if I go with 10. If only do 5, then I will most likely do Rets or Enha shammies.

Not really sure how necessary tanks are since I've not tried how hard guards hit on Beta, but I like having one and the 3% leech buff from Prot Warrs seems like a decent addition.

Also: WB Invisahealz. ^^
    Last edited by Wubsie : 06-23-2016 at 03:47 AM