Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 55

Quote Originally Posted by Malseph View Post
    The problem with World PvP in general in Legion is that stat templates don't take effect in world, making world pvp pretty much worthless in Legion. Any mythic raider can walk up to an LFR geared boxer and AoE him twice and hes dead. Its silly. Hopefully they allow stat templates in world like they have in instances to fix this, if people complain enough.
    I asked ebony to check out if counterstrike totem has internal cooldown/reflects aoe damage. We can confirm that even spells like chainlight/bladestorm are getting reflected and there is no internal cooldown. To clarify: if you bladestorm 5 people and one of them has cs totem up, you get every single hit reflected back on you. Furthermore the totem buff stacks, so if you bladestorm 5 shamans with 5 cs totems up you die almost instantly. Considering that this totem is pretty much useless in 3v3 since you can just onehit it I doubt that it will get nerfed too hard (maybe cooldown or stacking). But in non competitive pvp stacking this totem will be insane.

This pretty much solves the "mythic raider problem" for me, since its damage output scales with the damage of whoever attacks you within 20 yard range. Still not sure how to deal with fear though, maybe I'm gonna use a demon hunter as main for aoe magic dispel and save trinket for stuff like warrior fear.
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 06-12-2016 at 03:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Malseph View Post
    The problem with World PvP in general in Legion is that stat templates don't take effect in world, making world pvp pretty much worthless in Legion. Any mythic raider can walk up to an LFR geared boxer and AoE him twice and hes dead. Its silly. Hopefully they allow stat templates in world like they have in instances to fix this, if people complain

Am sorry but changeing stats in the world on the fly is what has broken wpvp the lag it makes its unreal and big boxers (pepard) just are unkillable. there saying wpvp anything! Goes inc boxers not everyone is going to have that gear.... so really the odd few players with cds get you down or half off a big team then so it be. We can not be gods that is what brecking the game. And boxers carry on like they are now then i can see more hits to us.

If u really wanna be that good then get the gear u not even said anything about like nukes and stuff we can use in zones. But more like tj where u get more of a choice. So we will not be all that bad

Take a death!

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Am sorry but changeing stats in the world on the fly is what has broken wpvp the lag it makes its unreal and big boxers (pepard) just are unkillable. there saying wpvp anything! Goes inc boxers not everyone is going to have that gear.... so really the odd few players with cds get you down or half off a big team then so it be. We can not be gods that is what brecking the game. And boxers carry on like they are now then i can see more hits to us.

If u really wanna be that good then get the gear u not even said anything about like nukes and stuff we can use in zones. But more like tj where u get more of a choice. So we will not be all that bad

Take a death!
    Hes not unkillable. I killed him all the time till he quit. Changing stats and making everything balanced doesn't kill World PvP, it just balances it. It makes it better for everyone. Boxers and any pvper that doesn't raid are hurt the most in World PvP in legion. Not sure how you can justify that. Not sure how you can possibly justify PVE'rs dominating PvP and PvPers getting roflstomped by some guy who backpeddles, but okay. The lag isnt caused by scaling either. You will get the same lag in legion unless they upgrade. PvP whether you are a boxer or not should be irrelevant. We are talking about balance across the board for everyone, making gear pointless in PvP. That is what they are doing in instances but leaving it out where it really matters for a lot of people, that being the world. Yeah i dont really like the nukes or toys either but thats part of Wpvp and you can easily counter the people that abuse those but you cant counter the acual games mechanics. I'm really not entirely sure what you are getting at besides trying to argue the point that world PvP should be balanced, which makes no sense to any real PvPer. PvP SHOULD be balanced.

PvP will never be balanced, just like classes won't..

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    PvP will never be balanced, just like classes won't..
    Yup, nor should it be. The fact that legion gear scaling kills off mass world pvp or makes in a pain in the ass to gear is just icing on the cake, any cake.

I'm sorry, I don't understand how the gear scaling affects world pvp in Legion. I was under the impression that the gear from PvE and PvP would comparable at comparable skill levels, and interchangeable. Is that not the case? Or is the concern that you won't have all your characters with a high enough rating to get comparable pve gear?
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand how the gear scaling affects world pvp in Legion. I was under the impression that the gear from PvE and PvP would comparable at comparable skill levels, and interchangeable. Is that not the case? Or is the concern that you won't have all your characters with a high enough rating to get comparable pve gear?

there is no more pvp gear no pvp set bonus etc. in ins pvp ashran/bgs/rbgs/arana you have a temple stats that everyone will have in there. your gear is like i ilvl a point in pvp. so raiding gear being 810 (or whatever it is) will be better then pvp gear unless u can do arena at 2220+ then you can get gear at a ilvl off 805 or somthing close.

in world pvp the temple does not kick in and will have to go off pve gear stats. as all gear is pve now even if you get it from pvp it will not be used that for ins pvp really..

so what his saying is a 810 will oneshot a team of say 760
    Last edited by ebony : 06-12-2016 at 06:41 PM

Certainly the difference between 760 and 810 isn't that big?

But I understand now I'm gonna' go look at the pvp talents again.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Yeah hopefully the difference isn't that bad. I'll probably manage to get my toons pretty geared some way but it will be a pain compared to now and before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    I asked ebony to check out if counterstrike totem has internal cooldown/reflects aoe damage. We can confirm that even spells like chainlight/bladestorm are getting reflected and there is no internal cooldown. To clarify: if you bladestorm 5 people and one of them has cs totem up, you get every single hit reflected back on you. Furthermore the totem buff stacks, so if you bladestorm 5 shamans with 5 cs totems up you die almost instantly. Considering that this totem is pretty much useless in 3v3 since you can just onehit it I doubt that it will get nerfed too hard (maybe cooldown or stacking). But in non competitive pvp stacking this totem will be insane.

This pretty much solves the "mythic raider problem" for me, since its damage output scales with the damage of whoever attacks you within 20 yard range. Still not sure how to deal with fear though, maybe I'm gonna use a demon hunter as main for aoe magic dispel and save trinket for stuff like warrior fear.
    Interesting... I wasn't really looking at the CS totem as much as I was the buff ones and plausibly having 100% uptime on them, but this might change things. Of course good players will snipe them fairly quickly, but I suppose enough pets and toons might make them somewhat hard to target without pre-set macros. I would also not be surprised to see the stacking nerfed, but for now they seem too good to pass up on

Personally I am most likely looking at a Tank + Frost DKs + Healers setup... Not 100% on the specifics, but a combination of monk/shaman healers seems decent. Perhaps leaning more towards shammies due to the totems. Tank of choise is most likely Blood DK or Prot Warrior for AOE CC and the 3% leech buff they give your group. Perhaps I should consider some Enha shammies...

Still looking at other options, but something like that seems like a fairly safe bet to me.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 06-13-2016 at 02:39 AM