Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Intel Broadwell-E Leaked Prices (Rumor)

Intel-Broadwell-E-i7-69XX-68XX-4.jpg

Source: http://videocardz.com/60515/dont-click

If those prices are correct, then those who purchased the 5960X should not be worried about being "out done" by the new 10-core consumer chip. Personally, I was a bit let down when I went with the 5960X last year because right after getting it there were lots of leaks/rumors about Broadwell-E having a 10-core chip, but at those prices I'm totally okay with my purchase from 8 months ago.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Would the 6850k be best with its faster base clock speed, if your like me and never OC? But yea.. those prices are painful!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Would the 6850k be best with its faster base clock speed, if your like me and never OC? But yea.. those prices are painful!
    Sure, I guess. I don't know your needs or where you currently stand in terms of hardware or what your expectations are when it comes to performance.

However, to be completely honest there is really nothing difficult about changing the multiplier in the BIOS and kicking it up a few notches to something like 4GHz without even touching any other setting. It's unlikely that you won't be able to achieve 4GHz since the turbo clock is already set to 3.8GHz, but even then you could just change the multiplier in the BIOS to x38 and never have to worry about your CPU not using the turbo clock (C1/C3 power states will still downclock your CPU when it's idle to save power). The thing about the -E chipsets (X79/X99) is that you already need to purchase a third-party cooler for the CPU since it doesn't come with one, so if you buy a nice air cooler then it will keep everything nice and cool anyway.

Another thing is... I think people don't want to stress test their system to ensure that the overclock is good, but in reality you should already be stress testing your own system if you piece it together yourself. You never know if one of the components you just purchased and plugged in is in 100% working condition. It's not all that uncommon to get a bad component every once in awhile, but when people get blue screens they just chalk it up as a bad driver or other piece of software, when the truth behind that excuse is probably just as uncommon as bad hardware.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology