Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Warcraft ye guys

Logged on the other day for the first time in months. Think its pretty dead now at least on kt.

Maybe the wow movie will give them a chance to save the game with legion. Stop catering to kids. The overall game base has changed since when all us text based imaginers played.

I was bummed when i lost both my pc to the processors failing and its hard to not multibox when youve done it for 8+ years.

Anyone coming back for legion. I would be down for some weekend raids etc.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Maybe the Warcraft movie will get people coming back to play, and if that's the case it should see things pick up on June 10th.

The Warcraft movie is aimed at adults, not kids (source?). Most of the returning players will probably be older.

would be good. I think a lot of kids came in and got too needy. Hopefully they are funneled through and all on call of dooty now.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Kids don't bother with WoW anymore. Probably been that way for a good five years now. I would go by the Twitch numbers. If you want to see the games the 18 year olds play you can probably get a good idea of that from the streaming crowd.

The MMO demographic now looks more likely half are full time employees somewhere. Grown adults who have other responsibilities thus cannot commit to a full raid schedule. So they have introduced things like LFR for these people. The average age is somewhere around 28 and 30.

The game has grown stale for a number of reasons. Mostly because the story and the factions haven't changed in over a decade. It's just rehashed shit of rehashed shit again and again. Legion presents nothing new in this regard. The last major shift happened when the scourge were introduced as a faction and that was over a decade ago in Warcraft 3. It seems like no matter how the world is impacted nothing truly changes. Hardly anyone dies. In a game called Warcraft that seems wrong.

WoD had other problems. Big design issues. Garrisons nobody asked for, terrible PvP pacing, less community than ever with garrisons providing no reason to leave the hub, pointless dungeons and even more pointless reskinned rewards.

It was the worst expansion since Cata and that isn't a good sign for the MMO going forward. It smells of apathy and it is very hard to hide apathy in such a challenging field. Maybe they're terrified of changing things up dramatically. I don't know. All I know is Legion may be a single box purchase for me and then done for 8 months until they present something new.