Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Creating a more realistic follow; for WoW, Rift, and similar games.

I started this little project with the desire to not be noticed. I want to take my teams into LFR and around populated areas without it being so obvious I am multiboxing. Its not perfect, but I think it turned out really well. If you have a mixed race team its even more realistic, my full panda team does not do it justice.

I call it MiGD Follow. Stands for Move in General Direction. It should seem a fitting name after watching the video.

Comments welcome, good and bad.

Default Setup Guide

Mini-Guide

This was one of the easiest projects I have created. It uses only the most basic features of IsBoxer and should take less than 5 minutes to set up.

You will need two mapped keys, a Movement key and an Action key. They need to be close together on the keyboard as with just one hand you need to hold one and press the other. The other hand controls the master with your mouse. I used V for movement and B for action.

Movement hotkey [see Mapped Keys]
    Set the 'hold any keystroke actions while hotkey is pressed' to 'ON'.
    Add a 'Variable Keystroke Action' and send the 'Move Forward' action to all your slaves.

Action hotkey
    Set the 'Execute a Step when the Hotkey is' to 'pressed OR released'.
    Add a Variable Keystroke Action 'Follow FTL' to 'Round Robin' all your slaves. Enable '+FTL Modifiers'

How to use it:

Make sure all your team is facing the same general direction.
    Start moving your master with your mouse
    Press and hold your movement key
    Very slowly press and hold your action key, less than once per second

The faster you press your action key the closer your team huddles together, the slower you press the action key the further spread out your team is.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 05-23-2016 at 03:47 PM Reason: work in progress

so what how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    so what how does it work?
    Its basically broadcasting a movement key and tapping follow every so often to get them lined back up. It still looks like multiboxing but not as bad as the traditional follow with the slaves all clumped up.

Here is another video of my PvE team using it. I am thinking I can use it with my whole team in LFR and wont get any of the hate. It just doesn't look like follow when the slaves are not all close together.

This is an interesting concept.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Usually when I'm out in the world smashing things people only notice I'm multiboxing because all my characters have a similar look / same transmog. I don't hide it.

That said I drive from the healer and my melee tend to pickup whatever is available from nearest target. Then on the same rotation they assist tank > assist melee > assist range > follow master in that contingency order.

In the Pit it would just look like the DK smashing something, the warrior on something else and the hunters assisting the DK from afar. With the shaman spot healing whoever needs it.

One of the best macros I've ever used multiboxing was the one that handles assist and follow contingencies. Just uses @target and @char references to pick what to do.

People would generally approach and ask for an invite and never knew I was multiboxing. Though whenever I was in town just clumped together I would get the usual /spit or whatever the peanut gallery had to say on multiboxing.