Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Formations for 10man boxing.

I'm currently multiboxing a 10 man team in WoW , everything works great macros... everything.. but i have one problem with formations.

Basically when i want to do the V formation / Star formation / Line formation ecc only 5 of the chars actually do a formation, the other 5 just keep following me. How can i make it that formations work for my 10 man team?
    Last edited by Sparty : 05-23-2016 at 09:35 AM

You can look at the Mapped Keys and see how they're built. You'll have to break them down and design your own for team sizes other than five.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Just to throw an example out there of how they would work, this is how I've setup one formation for my 10-box. It's a simple 3 step mapped key that creates the formation in the picture I've attached below.
    Name:  WoWScrnShot_032616_191931_zpszfkhty2b.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  114.7 KB

**Note** Need to break follow before using it or the last toon of the middle column will just keep following.

Mapped key options:
    - Hold Any Keystroke while hotkey is held: ON.
    - Reset to step 1 after 3 seconds from last hotkey press (just so it's never accidentally on the wrong step.)

Step 1:

Slots 2-4 --> A
    Slots 5-7 ---> D
    (this gets me 3 stacks of 3 next to each other with my lead infront of them)

Step 2:

Slots 1,2,3,5,6,8 and 9 --> W
    (lead + 2 "tiers" move forwards, leaving one row behind)

Step 3:
    Slots 1,3,6 and 9 --> W
    (lead + 1 tiers move forwards, leaving second row behind)

Same sort of idea of what movement keys to send and to what clients on each step can be used to create just about any formation you need.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 05-23-2016 at 02:47 PM

I do something similar to Wubsie for my line formation.

Step 1:
    -- 2/4 = D (strafe left key)
    -- 3/5 = F (strafe right key)
    Step 2:
    -- 4 = D
    -- 5 = F

So I hold it for a half second to move everyone out a pace, then release and hold it another half second to spread the last two out.

Rule of thumb is, if you can't get everyone into position without holding down a combination of keys for the exact same time, you can't do it with a single step.

[edit] To expand on MiRai's comment, you'll have to go into the mapped keys and specify more than just clients 1-5. It's pretty easy to do for those keys. Experiment a bit and post back here if it doesn't work the way you think it is supposed to work and we can help you through it.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)