Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default Does assist work in Stranglethorn Arena?

Just wondering if free for all areas turn off assist? I don't want to start all my accounts back up and find out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Just wondering if free for all areas turn off assist? I don't want to start all my accounts back up and find out. Thanks!
    Do you mean /follow? Assist has always worked everywhere.

If I remember correctly the Stranglethorn arena is the low level world PvP arena where you get that +5 stam trinket? Follow works just fine in outdoor world PvP zones, tested in Draenor, I don't know why they would block it in Stranglethorn vale.

Strange, I remember somewhere from my old days when your followers turn red to you they couldnt assist, but I could be remembering wrong! Thanks again.

No, unless something has recently changed, you cannot follow or assist hostile targets. It doesn't matter whether they're hostile in a dungeon, hostile in the open world, or hostile in instanced PvP.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

oh shit I just re-upped all my accounts and now my plan is useless

Does anyone know how I can use multiple accounts to my advantage in looting the chest in Stranglethorn?
    Last edited by Multibocks : 05-20-2016 at 04:44 PM

Can I ask what your plan was? I went there today after reading and nobody was there but the chest was in the middle. In the old days that would mean a rogue is hiding in stealth to backstab you, but I just don't think anybody plays there. Are you going to have your slaves all fight each other? That'd be a pretty cool multiboxing video.

Are you using IsBoxer? I have some ideas.

Try setting camera view, then send a 'send next click' keybind? You could use that for moving around too by turning on click-to-move first.

I have a VideoFX with click-thru that I use for mining/herbs/skinning from my slaves. That would work, probably the easiest way.

yeah I use ISB. Today I tried a couple times and both times there were probably 4-5 people. I could take them with a 5 man team, but no assist = dead

How about if you create a macro and put all the enemy players in it. Would require extra setup each battle.

/targetexact name1
    /targetexact name2

Might need a /stopmacro [exists, nodead] between each line.

Hmmm join as a party or raid not a problem.. follow and all should work.

just tested this and as a party assist and follow works as it should and the players are not red

oh and assist seems to work fine even when the player is tagged for pvp. but follow does not so nothing changed as far i can can.
    Last edited by ebony : 05-21-2016 at 10:03 AM

what do you mean join as a party? There is no queue, its just an arena you drop into that's free for all.

How about if you create a macro and put all the enemy players in it. Would require extra setup each battle.

/targetexact name1
    /targetexact name2

Might need a /stopmacro [exists, nodead] between each line.
    Not a bad idea! What server are you on that you found chest all alone? Every three hours I go there and use the addon Server Hop to see if any realm has it up and no people fighting. There are always people. I've never seen it alone. =/