Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default (wow) How do u setup isboxer to stop ranged at let melee iwt ?

... Headache... isboxer.....

Newbie and all.. have been trying to do a nice config file for my toons.
    First and had all hunter running and manage to do macro rotations and all was so pleased..
    Then i mixed a group up and nothing worked at all..

Watched mirai videos and some others too on pro config.. did even download the config and went through that too.

So after two days of digging, reading, testing, digging, reading, testing and so on....

ive manage a group of four 2 melee 2 casters to do their own spell rotation. (headache)

now when i run for a mob the pally(tank) Monk(dps) druid(boomy) runs to target and starts smashing. the priest(ranged) stays and cast spells...

when on pally monk or priest druid runs in att attacks.. but when controling druid. pally and monk runs and priest and drood stays.. beacuse i can stop him ..

Now is there any video or links that can help me sort this one out too ?

usually have alot of patience but its not far from smashing time...

and yea i know isboxer is a powerful tool when u know it but its a hard time to learn it ..

seeing mirais config made me realise this..

Quote Originally Posted by mugg70 View Post
    ... Headache... isboxer.....

Newbie and all.. have been trying to do a nice config file for my toons.
    First and had all hunter running and manage to do macro rotations and all was so pleased..
    Then i mixed a group up and nothing worked at all..

Watched mirai videos and some others too on pro config.. did even download the config and went through that too.

So after two days of digging, reading, testing, digging, reading, testing and so on....

ive manage a group of four 2 melee 2 casters to do their own spell rotation. (headache)

now when i run for a mob the pally(tank) Monk(dps) druid(boomy) runs to target and starts smashing. the priest(ranged) stays and cast spells...

when on pally monk or priest druid runs in att attacks.. but when controling druid. pally and monk runs and priest and drood stays.. beacuse i can stop him ..

Now is there any video or links that can help me sort this one out too ?

usually have alot of patience but its not far from smashing time...

and yea i know isboxer is a powerful tool when u know it but its a hard time to learn it ..

seeing mirais config made me realise this..

If your melee toons are using Interact With Target (as they should be) add a keymap that is sent to your casters to stop them from following.

Also make sure your casters are not getting sent Interact With Target. You may also need to turn off click to move on those characters.

Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Ok more reading and testing then thnx for inputs and hints

Had alot of work so havent had much time testing but been trying for a while today.. added in a mage to the group.
    Actions groups was added before melee ranged and the standard follower is there too.
    When attacking dummy.. pallytank and monks runs to target.. mage and priest stays. and the druid still thinks hes melee..
    if using a caster and go assist druid stays besides him and cast from range. and with melee he follows him to target before starting to cast.
    and if using iwt he runs to target.
    Did a stop mapped key for ranged and they all stop druid mage priest. but when pushing iwt button he runs to target again

http://pastebin.com/tEzefXfU

Blog Entries

You probably don't want to spam the IWT key in combat. If you make it something you only do on purpose, and only sent to the melee toons, you'll be a lot happier.

You can add or remove characters from ATGs via mapped keys, so you can e.g. dynamically switch your druid in or out of the IWT+melee ATG.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

For my melee toons, I have a sperate IWT button as well. Like my most basic setup is using buttons 1, 2, 3 on the keyboard.
    Those action target groups are huge.
    I also have a Everyone drop follow key, as well as a JUST ranged drop follow key.
    1 = aoe dps rotation for all [heals aoe as well]
    2= single target dps rotation [single target heals as well]
    3= is my melee only IWT button. So to keep them with my tank as i round up or if I need to move due to a mechanic of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mugg70 View Post
    Did a stop mapped key for ranged and they all stop druid mage priest. but when pushing iwt button he runs to target again
    This reason this is happening is because your IWT is being sent to everyone, so every time you press the key all of your characters are trying to interact with their target. Different classes work differently with IWT, so sometimes ranged don't stay at range. If you want only your melee characters to interact with their target during a fight, then set up a copy of your main IWT Mapped Key, and set it to use an ATG for just melee instead of everyone.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology