VRAM: 8GB

Reviews:
    Guru3D
    HardwareCanucks
    Hard|OCP
    Hexus
    TechPowerUp
    Tom's Hardware

There is a useful mega-thread of reviews (both written and video) on the PC Master Race sub-reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...ew_megathread/

Notes:

• GP104 (Pascal)
    • Uses newer GDDR5X (G5X) VRAM
    • "Founder's Edition" will be available on May 27th, 2016, custom GPUs to arrive at a later date
    • "Founder's Edition" is the new name for "Reference Card"
    • Limited to 2-way SLI, but 3/4-way are possible through an "enthusiast key" (no direct support from nVidia on 3/4-way)

GTX 1070

MSRP (Reference): $450
    MSRP (Aftermarket):
    $380
    VRAM: 8GB

Reviews:
    NDA Lifts on May 17th

Leaks:
    None

Notes:

• GP104 (Pascal)
    • Uses older GDDR5 VRAM
    • "Founder's Edition" will be available on June 7th, 2016, custom GPUs to arrive at a later date
    • "Founder's Edition" is the new name for "Reference Card"
    • Limited to 2-way SLI, but 3/4-way are possible through an "enthusiast key" (no direct support from nVidia on 3/4-way)

AMD

AMD will be revealing Polaris 10/11 at the end of May, but they are not expected to directly compete with GTX 1080/1070. AMD Vega architecture to be released later this year, which will include the new HBM2 memory.

More information will be added for AMD at a later date.

Last edited by MiRai : 05-27-2016 at 12:45 PM Reason: Updated

________________________GPUs from 2015

nVidia

TitanX

MSRP: $1,000
    VRAM: 12GB

Reviews:
    Anandtech
    Guru3D
    Hard OCP
    HardwareCanucks
    KitGuru (SLI)
    Legit Reviews
    TechPowerUp
    Tom's Hardware
    TweakTown (SLI)
    HardwareInfo (2/3/4-way SLI)

Notes:

980Ti

MSRP: $650-$750 (Different models vary in price)
    VRAM: 6GB

Reviews:
    Anandtech
    Bit-Tech
    Forbes
    Guru3D
    HardwareCanucks
    KitGuru
    TechPowerUp
    Tom's Hardware
    TweakTown
    Zol (Chinese)

Babeltech (Large Overview) (No idea how accurate or trustworthy)

Notes:

• Slightly cut-down GM200-310 chip
    • 2,816 CUDA Cores
    • About 5-10% slower than a Titan X

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD

Fury X

MSRP: $650
    VRAM: 4GB

Reviews:
    Anandtech
    Guru3D
    Hexus
    Hot Hardware
    Legit Reviews
    Overclock3D
    Tech Report
    Tom's Hardware
    TweakTown

Notes:

• The first GPU to ever be equipped with HBM (High Bandwidth Memory)
    • AIO/CLC (All-In-One / Closed-Loop Cooling) requires you to find a place to mound the 120mm radiator
    • Runs quiet and cool
    • HBM is very fast memory which may help if you're pushing its 4GB limit as is shown in numerous 4K benchmarks
    • There will be an air-cooled version in the future

Review site choices based on either:

1) The first few that show up in Google
    2) Sites that I've read in the past
    3) Other mega-thread review threads that I find on other forums >_>

The GTX 1080 reviews and benchmarks have begun to surface since the NDA was lifted earlier today. It looks to be 20-30% faster than 980Ti/Titan-X*, which, in my opinion, was expected.

*Unless you are willing to overclock, which then you can expect more performance, but may be limited by thermals.

I will be continuing to update the reviews slowly as they trickle out.

Also, as for pricing, it does seem that custom GTX 1080 boards (e.g. non-reference) will not be available until after Computex, so people will be paying the premium $700 price tag if they want an early version of the GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by TechPowerUp
    I suspect that this approach is NVIDIA's way to milk early adopters - in the first weeks there will be only the Founders Edition available, until board partners come out with their custom designs, which will be well after Computex. I'm also worried that this could tempt board partners to pick $699 as baseline for their custom design products and that we'll see very few if any cards at $599. All this is quite unknown though at the moment, so let's wait a bit and see what happens.
    Source
    Last edited by MiRai : 05-17-2016 at 12:44 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

My 980ti will be ok until I get a 4k monitor. By then there should be a 1080ti available.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Looks like I will have a reason to upgrade... Or at least a slim justification!
    What are your plans upon release Mirai? Do you have a preferred board developer that you wait/look for? Or do you go with the founders editions?

Quote Originally Posted by emitchell109 View Post
    Looks like I will have a reason to upgrade... Or at least a slim justification!
    What are your plans upon release Mirai? Do you have a preferred board developer that you wait/look for? Or do you go with the founders editions?
    Personally, I go with EVGA because of their support and warranty options, but for this launch I would wait a few weeks to see what is actually happening with everything, but either way I won't be upgrading my hardware until the next iteration of GPUs, at the earliest.

People are very confused as to what nVidia is trying to pull, or if they really have enough stock of GDDR5X to have an ample supply of GTX 1080s, because this $100 "Founder's Tax" is really, really odd. I've been reading non-stop about this, and only a few seem to be actually defending this when everyone else is skeptical as to what is actually going to happen. nVidia also couldn't really explain what is so special about a Founder's Edition and why it requires the additional $100 price tag, and why board partners (e.g. EVGA, Asus, Zotac, MSI, PNY, etc) should even bother to price their boards at the MSRP of $599.

nVidia is saying...

• It costs more to manufacture, but that hasn't been true about reference cards in the past since they've always been the cheapest.
    • The chips aren't binned (meaning they don't favor better overclocking)
    • The new vapor chamber cooler costs more and is better than prior versions of stock coolers, but it has already been shown to be inefficient which ends up throttling the GPUs.
    • That they cannot speak for when partner GPUs will be available.
    • They used "premium materials" -__-

I'll be these nVidia guys couldn't wait to get off of the stage...

Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Blog Entries

I'm honestly thinking I will either go dual 1070s later, or grab a secondhand 980 TI and SLI with the one I already run since it's not like they're going to suddenly suck.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    I'm honestly thinking I will either go dual 1070s later, or grab a secondhand 980 TI and SLI with the one I already run since it's not like they're going to suddenly suck.
    Yeah, if you're going to go with 1070s I would definitely wait for the price to come down, but people are trying to dump their 980Ti/TTX GPUs for pretty cheap, so if you want to grab something like an EVGA card (or some other manufacturer which allows for a transferable warranty), then I don't see 980 Ti SLI being a bad move, since you can likely 5-box at 4K with a few settings turned down to stay under 6GB and keep performance good.

Blog Entries

Yep, and that's the winner. I picked up an MSI 980 TI for 350, so it'll match the one I already have. If the leaks are true, I'll definitely be moving to a pair of 1070s though, move the TIs to computer 2.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/...sults_leaked/1

Thought you might be interested in seeing some of the info on the 1070, if it's legit it's definitely a good looking card.
    My Blog: SRS Business

The NVIDIA GeForce Experience now supports the GTX 1070. That means we can buy them soon? My 980 is giving errors and I cant wait much longer.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10se...force-gtx-1070