Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 33 of 33

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    People are already saying this is a "small" Titan X (whatever that means) and that there will be another one later on (2017) with more CUDA cores and more RAM.
    As for the prices, that's what you get with zero competition.
    Yes, the chip that this new Titan uses is cut down, and is not the full Pascal chip. In the realm of consumer graphics cards (as of the current and prior generation of chips), the full chip is labeled as G_X00—where _ is the first letter of the architecture that they're on (Kepler, Maxwell, Pascal, etc.), and X is a number (usually 1 or 2). However, there can be sub categories beyond that, so...

Code:
    GTX 980     - GM204 (GeForce Maxwell 204)
    GTX 980 Ti  - GM200 (also Titan-X Gen1)

GTX 1080    - GP104-400 (GeForce Pascal 104)
    GTX 1070    - GP104-200
    GTX 1060    - GP106-400
    GTX Titan-X - GP102-XXX (GTX 1080 Ti may be the exact same chip, or slightly cut down)
    The big Pascal chip with HBM2 is currently P100. Whether or not we see GP100 is up to nVidia, but I've read some things about people now speculating that we won't see HBM2 until Volta, which is the chip after Pascal.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

I'm honestly beginning to think we may not see a TI this time. UNLESS AMD pulls a serious sucker punch, like say something that's closer to a 1080 in performance but at a lower price.

Also, it appears that AMD is working on a fix to address Crossfire in windowed mode, which IF it happens could suddenly make those cards a lot more interesting.
    My Blog: SRS Business

windowed mode CFX is why i moved from AMD to NV.
    4 x 290x and only one working when boxing. really annoyed me