Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default EQ2 Six-Boxxing - Group makeup & other Q's

I have read the entire EQ forum and saw the group makeup for players going back in years, but most of those threads are pretty old and I wonder if same groups would still be better now...

I have 3x 24 " monitors, but I think it would be better to just play on two of them, so I can surf on the third monitor. I'm not sure exactly how I'd break them onto the different monitors, but I guess I can figure that out in time. (Tank on main screen and other 5 on second monitor?)

1. I think my specs are good enough AMD FX - 8120 3.1Ghz 8 core processor - Radeon 7770 1GB Vid Card - 16GB Ram ??? (I do have 2x8 RAM, so I could add more RAM since I have the slots open.)

2. Are Predators and Rogues the only classes that do Poison DMG to take advantage of the racial bonus ? I believe the answer is "yes", but I haven't read through the mage/healer spells all the way to be certain.

3. Is an Enchanter (Coercer or Illusionist) still recommended for a six-boxxing group ?

I'm considering running 4 different groups into the 90's to see which pairings of classes I'm able to work best with... my goal is to play through the highest content that I'm able to do by myself. I'm not too concerned about optimal groups when leveling up - I'm more concerned about groups easier to play. First two groups would be "good" and "evil".

If I had to guess my end game group would be one tank (Paladin or Guardian), two healers (unsure which two), bard (probably Troubador) and 2 DPS (one is Enchanter ?) - the other DPS ???

I have a thing for Dwarf Tanks (been playing one for 40 years), and since SK is more an AOE farmer ... I can have my Dwarf Tank for my end group! Since I'm planning on leveling 4 tanks in 4 groups I'll be able to have every 2 healer combo possible.

4. I think the best DPS to run in sixth slot with Enchanter is Wizard, Warlock, Ranger, and Conjuror ? (Not in any order)

5. Or if Enchanter is not necessary for current end game then which two DPS classes compliment each other the best ?

6. I haven't seen mention of this, but does anyone who is six-boxxing get 6 Mercs to fill up two groups ? (3 played in 2 different groups ?)

I know it might be a little overkill to level up four groups, but from what I've read getting from 1-95 can be done quickly now, so I'd likely run through Agnostics for the third and fourth group. Then I can tinker and swap toons at my leisure.

TIA for replies !

Quote Originally Posted by Whistlingleaf View Post
    I have read the entire EQ forum and saw the group makeup for players going back in years, but most of those threads are pretty old and I wonder if same groups would still be better now...

I have 3x 24 " monitors, but I think it would be better to just play on two of them, so I can surf on the third monitor. I'm not sure exactly how I'd break them onto the different monitors, but I guess I can figure that out in time. (Tank on main screen and other 5 on second monitor?)

1. I think my specs are good enough AMD FX - 8120 3.1Ghz 8 core processor - Radeon 7770 1GB Vid Card - 16GB Ram ??? (I do have 2x8 RAM, so I could add more RAM since I have the slots open.)

2. Are Predators and Rogues the only classes that do Poison DMG to take advantage of the racial bonus ? I believe the answer is "yes", but I haven't read through the mage/healer spells all the way to be certain.

3. Is an Enchanter (Coercer or Illusionist) still recommended for a six-boxxing group ?

I'm considering running 4 different groups into the 90's to see which pairings of classes I'm able to work best with... my goal is to play through the highest content that I'm able to do by myself. I'm not too concerned about optimal groups when leveling up - I'm more concerned about groups easier to play. First two groups would be "good" and "evil".

If I had to guess my end game group would be one tank (Paladin or Guardian), two healers (unsure which two), bard (probably Troubador) and 2 DPS (one is Enchanter ?) - the other DPS ???

I have a thing for Dwarf Tanks (been playing one for 40 years), and since SK is more an AOE farmer ... I can have my Dwarf Tank for my end group! Since I'm planning on leveling 4 tanks in 4 groups I'll be able to have every 2 healer combo possible.

4. I think the best DPS to run in sixth slot with Enchanter is Wizard, Warlock, Ranger, and Conjuror ? (Not in any order)

5. Or if Enchanter is not necessary for current end game then which two DPS classes compliment each other the best ?

6. I haven't seen mention of this, but does anyone who is six-boxxing get 6 Mercs to fill up two groups ? (3 played in 2 different groups ?)

I know it might be a little overkill to level up four groups, but from what I've read getting from 1-95 can be done quickly now, so I'd likely run through Agnostics for the third and fourth group. Then I can tinker and swap toons at my leisure.

TIA for replies !
    I realize this may be an old post but figured I would answer what I can since I was 6 boxing a team recently and it was a lot of fun for me.

Now I used to play on deathtoll but as that server was dying, I left the game and went into ESO, which is where I learned of this really cool program called ISBoxer! It was in chat, I saw the name, googled it and here we are today!

So, I went back to EQ2 around Jan-Feb 2016 and started a 6 box team.
    Played on the TLE server, the non pvp one, memory escapes me.

Paladin, illusionist, warden, troubadour, mystic, warlock.

Started that team around Feb 2016, it has allowed me to hold my own against, large heroic groups (chain pulling), few double and triple ups, no more than 3-4 levels above my own. Could go higher if I wanted but it just was not as efficient as I liked.

I have tried different setups, melee, ranged, etc. Found the best for my playstyle is plate tank, leather heals, chain support, cloth dps, cloth support, chain dps.

I did run a 6 box necro team, that was hilarious! Actually was making the game too easy so I ended going with the above for my main team.

It also allows me to replace a dps for a new character so I can powerlevel it fairly quickly or squeeze in randoms I run across to join my group. Figured if we all hunting questing same area might as well make the offer to em.

Could of ripped through content but chose to slow it down and just enjoy the scenery for once. Now TLE server xp is slower, for live, its a lot faster.

Not sure about those mercs if they work in full groups. I never really got into that aspect of the game.

I do remember the time I spent on live was just to get those 2 quests done for some kind of currency, in that short amount of time doing that, I was lvl 20ish in like the third or fourth day.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamkul View Post

I did run a 6 box necro team, that was hilarious! Actually was making the game too easy so I ended going with the above for my main team.
    Did you run instances with this team ?

I am currently running a small boxing guild in Halls of Fate in EQ2 and am doing retro content with TOV being the current mark and AOM next year and group makeup that works the best so far is Zerker or paladin or even SK is best for tanking as Zerker is arguably the best and is what i run with due to the low requirement of the heals and the death prevents allowing you to make mistakes or just burn through certain scripts and plenty of extra stats to reforge.
    Paladin works in a different way as the main value is ally reviving without the healer needing to have macros for them and the huge hate transfer that the paladin can place on your top dps. shadowknight is good for aoe/debuffs and self healing through damage abilities with splendid macro able rotations where a single button can do a full single target rotation capable of competing against the best SK on server and has a group cure if specced into it which you should if boxing single target content.

As for healers and damge/utility the warden or inquisitor is typically the best by far with the inquis being the most simple and effective healer in game while warden is more complex yet can give you an aoe blocker/charm/big buffs/over time heals group wide/ and lastly damage reduction on cures and heals which go with all plate tanks mentioned earlier very well. inquis has verdict and a cure that can act as decent heal which can be casted successfully while moving which is priceless in value for those special fights. fury if you really want more damage but is not really worth it so inquis or warden typically are the best by a mile.

utility would either be coercer for melee groups or ranger focused groups which goes great with a dirge for max effect. illusionist and or troubadour for mage focused groups which typically focus around a wizard. any bard can get an AOE blocker that lasts long enough to skip most scripts and can be timed with a warden AOE blocker for nearly a full fight which is extremely valuable in some fights. Illy has great mana control as does a troub with coercer coming in 3rd or second depending on what you need.
    As for damage I would avoid swashbuckler/assassin/warlock/beast-lord unless you really think you can handle all the extra effort needed while swash is just trash and has been trash for quite some time thus isn't worth the risk of it staying bad.
    best damage classes would be ranger/wizard/brigand possibly dirge with either a Conjy or Necro coming as lower tier damage but with better utility and the important pet to pet pull special fights.
    my current group is zerker/illusionist/ranger/troubador/warden/ conjy.
    plenty of aoe damage off conjy/zerker and ranger with 2 aoe blockers off troub and warden and a stoneskin for my group off the conjy with 2 pets for pet pulling and illy for mez assistance while warden can charm for special fights with 2 utility for maximum interchangeable buffs for every fight and every single of my classes can stay at max range and still do enough damage for all fights.
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-07-2017 at 11:45 PM Reason: Merged