Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Blog Entries

Default Fastest route through cata?

I have 3 or 4 full teams stuck at 80 and just one full team at 90+.

I love to instance level and I don't love to instance level through cata.

I think if I take a full afternoon to really whack at it, I can just quest or grind through cata, but I'm not sure where to go.

Anyone have any tips?

I use elixir of the rapid mind and boost myself or get boosted.. a couple of runs through Blackrock Caverns.. and a couple through Stonecore then it's done. After that Temple of the Jade serpent... only popping the pot just before the last boss dies.

If your team is a full 5 man then you can just quest - it's not too bad with full looms.

Instance running through Cata isn't terrible at all. If you don't like grinding dungeons it can be painful.

Questing isn't terrible except for when phasing gets in your way.

If you put it off another 3 months or so the exp needed to level through 100 will be lowered and speed things up a bit. They do that every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    If you put it off another 3 months or so the exp needed to level through 100 will be lowered and speed things up a bit. They do that every expansion.
    on the live dev chat they said this is going to start being undone. as the boost fills need for this. so i don't think we see it any faster then it is to be fair cata>mop>wod are all kinda fast then bc wotlk seems to be the slowest and the bit i hate.

Blog Entries

It think it is mostly the repetition that is painful: in wrath/BC, you only do each dungeon once and you are done. Maybe I need to just let the team accumulate some rested before I hit it hard again. Boosting from one slot is certainly an idea, I'm planning to swap out slot 4 at 85 anyway, maybe I'll just give them a slot 4 guardian. Pots are still 4k gold each, kind of spendy, but I suppose I can afford it.

What I don't get is why they still leave the xp jumps in place. Why not let you do wrath heroics for real XP until 82? BC heroics to 72? There are so many "end level only" dungeons in this game and I like them and I'd like to do them when I level for reasonable benefit.

Multiboxers tend to have gold, even when we are not actively grinding it. haha

What server are you on Lux? I may try to log and team and we can compare completion/level times. Sorta make it fun and feel less grindy

Onoes#1714
    US
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 05-12-2016 at 10:39 PM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emitchell109 View Post
    What server are you on Lux? I may try to log and team and we can compare completion/level times. Sorta make it fun and feel less grindy

Onoes#1714
    US
    Invite sent, I think I'm going to swap up a higher toon in slot 4 for one dungeon and then boost a couple of levels tonight

Quote Originally Posted by emitchell109 View Post
    Multiboxers tend to have gold, even when we are not actively grinding it. haha
    the problem is when you hit a milestone, then you become hesitant to drop below that milestone. I just hit 2.5 million.

Update: 81.5 and a throne of tides instance that made me want to kill myself. Determined to grit this out.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    What I don't get is why they still leave the xp jumps in place. Why not let you do wrath heroics for real XP until 82? BC heroics to 72? There are so many "end level only" dungeons in this game and I like them and I'd like to do them when I level for reasonable benefit.
    To be honest, I don't think I've ever tried this when my experience wasn't locked, but do heroics of the prior expansion just not give good XP? Is there no boss kill or completion bonus XP for them or something?

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Update: 81.5 and a throne of tides instance that made me want to kill myself. Determined to grit this out.
    When Svpernova and I recently ran through ToT, we felt it had been nerfed into the ground. I really remember that place being an absolute nightmare back in early 2015 (I think?) even while wearing full heirlooms, but it was a cakewalk (outside of the bonus boss) the several times we had to run it.

I mean... It's obviously easier since we are splitting up the team management between two actual people. but I still felt it was a lot easier than I remember it.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology