Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Hardware for 10man boxing.

Hello i'm currently running a 5-man boxing without problems with an i7 4790k 8gb ram and a gtx 750ti.
    I'll soon upgrade my ram from 8gb to 16gb, and i was wondering if my pc would be able to run a 10man team. Or at least 8man team with my main pc, and maybe the other 2 on my laptop with 4gb ram and some potato graphic card.

What kind of settings are you currently running? What type of performance are you getting out of your game clients? Do you feel that you could double the number of game clients?

Where are you taking 10 characters? Any situation you'd need 10 characters for (that I can think of) is going to be resource intensive (e.g. lots of players, lots of spell effects, etc), so if you're struggling to push something like 60 FPS on your main and 30FPS on your slaves at this time, then I highly doubt you're going to be able to add five additional game clients to the mix unless you're willing to drop settings down into the floor (i.e. very low).

This is just my guess.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Bit hesitant to reply before someone kicks me in the head for even running my group on my hardware.... but...

I currently run a 10-box on sub-optimal hardware. It works alright for me, but doubt alot of people would consider the performance I get to be all that great, or would wish to keep playing with it. I originally only ran 5, which worked great, but just wanted to try more, and as it was somewhat doable, just kept with it. I would however say that this is not what most people would consider a 10-box capable build, nor was it even originally meant for multiboxing. I also fully intend to drop down to 5 again for Legion.

I have:
    i7 4770 @ 3.9ghz (nope, not even the K model)
    16 GB RAM
    GTX 760

I run everything as low as it goes, non-focused windows even below the standard "low" settings, with renderscale 0.1. 60/15 FPS split.

Just going around questing and whatnot I am fine, but as soon as it starts getting hectic (raid groups for Kazzak, Stormshield on a packed realm, etc) my framerates drop to near non-existant levels. I've also capped out on RAM a few times, so I would say 16 GB is not enough.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 05-15-2016 at 08:11 AM

Ich verwende:

i7 5820 @ 6x3,2ghz
    32 GB Ram
    R9 390

und ich finde es ist ok so *G

MFG ALF