Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default ISBoxer - WoW Library Macros not working?

Hey guys,
    Recently, I've tried my hand at the Pro System. Now, I followed Mirai's videos on setting up the system, and by using action bar commands in my class specific key maps, it works fine. However, I've now come to wanting to utilise the abilities of the ISBoxer addon library, and specifically, the lack of a 255 character limit compared to in game macros. My setup is as follows:

5 toons; 1 Protection Paladin (A), 4 Elemental Shamans (B, C, D, E)

Combat Hotkeys Key Map -> Press 2 for DPS Rotation (key map linked to character set), this part is confirmed working
    --Do DPS Rotation in Virtual Combat Key Map -> all
    Virtual Combat Key Map -> Virtualized to all toons, to correct class specific Key Map

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For toon A:
    Paladin - Protection Key Map -> DPS Rotation fires (key map linked to toon A)
    --WoW macro 'DPS Rotation' in 'Paladin - Protection' -> self (this works) (macro linked to toon A)

Macro key combination is Ctrl+Shift+Y

Macro is:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For toon B, C, D, E:
    Shaman - Elemental Key Map -> DPS Rotation fires (key map linked to toons B, C, D, E)
    --WoW macro 'DPS Rotation' in 'Shaman - Elemental' -> self (macro linked to toon B, C, D, E)

Macro key combination is Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Y

Macro is:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Lightning Bolt

I've tested the macro in game, and it works. I'm also making sure that all toons are sharing the same target as me. The only thing I'm slightly confused on is what key combination to use for each macro, and whether or not it is necessary to set one (I get a warning if I don't)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenrer View Post
    The only thing I'm slightly confused on is what key combination to use for each macro, and whether or not it is necessary to set one (I get a warning if I don't)
    It depends on how you have you have everything set up, but each macro requires its own unique key combination, and each macro set has its own unique macros.

It would help to see your profile.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Also, worth noting that after you make a macro change, you'll need to export and then /console reloadui on all affected characters or it won't see the change in-game.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    but each macro requires its own unique key combination, and each macro set has its own unique macros.
    In an attempt to clarify that a little, each macro for a given Character needs it's own unique Key Combination. You can use the same Key Combination for different macros in different macro sets, provided that a combination of those macro sets using the same Key Combination will not be assigned to the same character.
    This allows you to specify a macro in your Paladin Macro Set to use CTRL+SHIFT+Y and another macro for your Shaman Macro Set to use CTRL+SHIFT+Y, and they do completely different things.

Just be aware that when doing this, the class specific Macro Sets should be assigned to the Character, and not the Character Set, because when assigned to the Character Set, then all the characters in that set will get the macro, and you then may get error messages in game.

Blog Entries

As I mentioned in my blog post, I like to use Shift + Alt + letter or number for all of my class macros because I never have to trigger them manually and shift alt just feels uncomfortable to do, so I'm very unlikely to bind that combo to something else by mistake.

I am actually having a similar issue to this one and was wondering if anyone could give me some assistance with the matter. Currently none of my custom made wow game helper macros are working.

I followed the steps exactly as i saw them in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRn...EuQuF9UFhl5npq. Everything up until this point was working and making pretty decent sense.

Have also verified that if I copy and past the macrocommand from the profile text into wow that the macro runs as expected.

Here is the link to my Profile.zip that contains the profile text file . Any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Also, worth noting that after you make a macro change, you'll need to export and then /console reloadui on all affected characters or it won't see the change in-game.
    Did you do this?

Everything else in your profile looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    Did you do this?

Everything else in your profile looks good.
    You know what after getting up this morning I realized I misread the /console reloadui macro from the quick setup 41 thinking that it "automatically" called this macro when exporting the profiles to innerspace. And obviously it does not so no I actually was never manually calling this myself, after doing so I was able to get the macro working. Thank you for the assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Hyiero View Post
    You know what after getting up this morning I realized I misread the /console reloadui macro from the quick setup 41 thinking that it "automatically" called this macro when exporting the profiles to innerspace. And obviously it does not so no I actually was never manually calling this myself, after doing so I was able to get the macro working.
    You're correct, even though there is a macro there, it is not called automatically. You can however setup a mapped key, so on export, you can call this, or even add it to the Character Set - General Tab -> Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is Loaded or Reloaded. If you do the latter it will "automatically" reload the macros on export .

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    You're correct, even though there is a macro there, it is not called automatically. You can however setup a mapped key, so on export, you can call this, or even add it to the Character Set - General Tab -> Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is Loaded or Reloaded. If you do the latter it will "automatically" reload the macros on export .
    Awesome I had set it up to a mapped key for now but being able to have it being called as soon as the the set is reloaded is that much easier. I appreciate the help!