Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Video Slot Swap <-- say that 12 times fast!

So I setup the video high/low setting swap macro added into the keymaps toggle it was awesome and I loved it.
    Now today, it is doing the inverse of what it is intended to do.

Main window is looking like 8bit graphics
    Slaves are looking like Lamborghini's

Here is my profile, be gentle it bruises easily.

http://pastebin.com/VSsaXcUp

Nothing I can see would cause your issue. You can run your macros manually by pressing the Key Combination (ALT+CTRL+ NUMSUB or NUMPLUS) to see what happens.

Worth pointing out a couple of observations though.

1. When setting the assignment of a macro set, the Character Set "and" the Character settings should be written a little more clearly as an OR rather than an AND (or ISBoxer could be smart and recognise that the Macro Set is assigned in multiple ways - that would require a code fix). Where you have highlighted a Character Set, then all members of that Character Set will receive that macro set. Where you have also highlighted specific Characters, then they will also receive that macro set. That means the ISBoxer Addon contains the same macros twice for some of your Characters. I assume that WoW is reasonably smart and only ends up with a single macro, but perhaps it does not, and this might be the cause of your problem. So, use either method, by highlighting the Character set, OR specific characters, just make sure you do not highlight a Character Set which also contains a specifically highlighted Character (essentially, for the Quick Macro Set 41, you should unhighlight the specific Characters you have highlighted, as the full Character Set highlight covers them)

2. When setting a Key Combination on Macros (effectively what ISBoxer is sending to the game to trigger that macro), the Right CTRL and Left CTRL are the same key (for WoW anyway). You should not expect to be able to use them separately. You should, by convention, stick to the basic ALT/CTRL/SHIFT, rather than the Right settings. Only when a macro is internally reading the keys does the left/right option come into it. Refer to the /Assist {FTL} macro if you want to see how this works. This is unlikely to be a cause of your problem though, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Just don't expect Key Combinations of LALT+LCTRL+NUMSUB to be different to RALT+RCTRL+NUMSUB, unless you are using the correct options inside the macro.

Thank you for the observations, I shall dive into these pronto!

So now only my slot 1 -2 slaves did the 8bit render. 3-4 where fine. Loaded a 4man team to run with a friend.

Maybe it is performance related, and the processing requirements for the graphics adjustments are causing it to fail to change correctly.
    You do seem to be using a Round Robin CPU strategy, which I dislike because of the limitations that enforces. You could try the "Select all CPUs for every Window....." strategy in the CPU Strategy Wizard (the last option in the drop down).
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 05-04-2016 at 06:46 PM Reason: speeling

Ok, so the cpu changed is very noticeable. Ty for that suggestion. Also, after carefully watching and checking stats. It seems that they ONLY thing hanging up per switch is the Render. For what ever reason it drops to 50% on one of the slots during the swap.

Even after setting it BACK up in game, the render will still drop back down after i swap out then back to the slot.

Same as bob, I see no reason why you'd be experiencing this behavior. However, you can clean up and remove, what seem like, unnecessary commands in your slot-swap macro:

1) You've got a typo (an added space) on terrainTextureLod in both of your macros.
    2) You're shutting off MSAAQuality in the low macro, when it isn't enabled in the high macro.
    3) Both macros have you disabling SSAO, which seems unnecessary if you aren't turning it on in the first place.

Also, render scale is a gigantic resource hog, and I would ask... Why are you using SSAA rather than MSAA for anti-aliasing? MSAA with Multisample Alpha Test is going to be much easier on your hardware than any level of SSAA will be. So, if you need anti-aliasing, then I'd recommend MSAA over SSAA any day of the week.

Finally, if your Key Maps are disabled and you're swapping around windows, then your settings aren't going to change based upon the way your profile is set up.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean that you should probably be setting render scale back to its default 1.0 value on the high macro, and using MSAA instead if you want any form of anti-aliasing.
    Last edited by MiRai : 05-04-2016 at 11:30 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thank you guys for your responses and help.
    To be honest the reason as to why I was using SSAA over MSAA is due to shear ignorance of what does what.

Something something... the more you know.. and half of the battles!

**update** after the typo adjustment and elimination of SSAA + picking up MSAA via the settings macro I am running smooth again. Many thanks once again!
    Last edited by emitchell109 : 05-05-2016 at 09:46 AM