Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Forum colors on dark themes

Any idea why posts frequently end up with parts forced to black font? Renders dark themes somewhat difficult to read.

TFIDeal_DarkGray.png

First segment that's the default theme color:
    Code:
    <blockquote class="blogcontent restore floatcontainer"> 					<span style="font-family: palatino linotype">I've been having a blast this week two-boxing a brewmaster/mistweaver through dungeons (both alone and through LFD) and I just wanted to share that joy. Mistweavers aren't the easy and fun dps powerhouses that they were when they launched but I've spent hours testing a rotation that allows for a lot of kickboxing fun and a living group.<br>
    Second segment after the image attachments that's forced to black:
    Code:
    <font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Tahoma"><span style="font-family: palatino linotype"><br>
    </span></span></font><br>
    <font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Tahoma"><span style="font-family: palatino linotype">My secret is that I'm actually leading (into melee) from the healer, so that she is never out of range and unable to trigger eminence. I spinning crane kick a lot with the tank to sweep up aggro on packs as we pull them and my MW has shown this works because she can take a few punches while she dishes them out. In case of emergency you'll also need taunt, silence, and giant green health bubble on keybind. I also make liberal use of monk CC on casters since closing on casters in a full pack with two melee at once is dicey.</span></span></font><br>
    <font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Tahoma"><span style="font-family: palatino linotype"><br>
    </span></span></font><br>
    <font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Tahoma"><span style="font-family: palatino linotype">Punchy mistweaver rotation (glyphed expel harm and surging mist):</span></span></font><br>
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

It's because people should be using the "automatic" color option rather than using straight black (or white). This usually happens when people paste in text from somewhere else which was already colored black, but then don't change it back to automatic (probably because it looks fine on the lighter colored theme(s) that they're using), and, as far as I know, I am the only person who goes around changing this wherever I see it because I use one of the dark themes and it bothers me to no end.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Just wait until we go back to just 1 theme. Then it'll be solved

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It's because people should be using the "automatic" color option rather than using straight black (or white). This usually happens when people paste in text from somewhere else which was already colored black, but then don't change it back to automatic (probably because it looks fine on the lighter colored theme(s) that they're using), and, as far as I know, I am the only person who goes around changing this wherever I see it because I use one of the dark themes and it bothers me to no end.

i never done this ,

anyway i now use the remove formating button at the top when i paste stuff from other sites/forums!

PS i use a dark theme. Have done for a few months
    Last edited by ebony : 05-03-2016 at 07:41 PM

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one, and that MY NEEDS ARE BEING MET WITH ALACRITY BY PEOPLE WITH ABSOLUTELY NO SNARKY ATTITUDE WHATSOEVER.

Me and my first-world problems...sheesh.

[edit] P.S. Thanks MiRai! Though how you have time to edit fonts on a forum between YouTube videos, Live-streaming with beer-buddies, and eating cereal is beyond me.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 05-03-2016 at 03:38 PM

I've come across many sites like that, and always wonder what the big empty spaces are, and habit has always driven me to "select all" frequently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    [edit] P.S. Thanks MiRai! Though how you have time to edit fonts on a forum between YouTube videos, Live-streaming with beer-buddies, and eating cereal is beyond me.
    Sometimes I get that feeling I'm being watched.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Sometimes I get that feeling I'm being watched.
    The perils of filming from your kitchen...

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    The perils of filming from your kitchen...
    He hasn't found any of the cameras I left on my most recent visit...

Blog Entries

I DID CHANGE IT TO AUTOMATIC I SWEAR! See how the first paragraph came out the correct color <.<