Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default New hardware setup advice before tax return comes.

Hi all ..
    At the moment only doing 5 char setup. but gonna invest in some new stuff when tax return arrives.

Having the idea of buying 1 or 2 budget pcs för running 4 chars each and keep my main pc for 2 chars = 10 chars total.
    So any suggestions on not too expensive processor motherboard and ram för this ? already have 2gig gpu lying at home.

Is it a stupid idea to go 2 pc for 4 chars each and go one main for 2 chars ? .
    looking for a budget version

And are there any tricks in checking if its pc o server issues when chars not synced etc..

And its only wow multiboxing so far on this.

thnx

To answer your question a budget for each pc would be good because everybody consider not so expensive differently. what kind are these issues ? can you describe it more in detail ?

Heya!

Would help if we knew a rough estimate as to what kind of a budget you're working with, as what some consider to be "budget builds" might not be for others.

Personally I think 3 computers for a 10-box might be a bit unnecessary... It should not be too hard to come up with a relatively inexpensive build to run even up to 8 characters (at low settings), if you wish to use your existing PC for 2.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 05-02-2016 at 08:49 AM

hey ..
    was hoping to not spend more then around 600 euro.
    so the idea of running 8 on one pc at low resolution might be the best idea.
    Stuffs ive already have is case, 2gb graphic card, harddrive, and powersupply.
    so hints on what processor, motherboard, amount of ram, and maybe another graphic card later on.

and most of all its should be able to handle legion when they release it.

o.. and the issues or tips and trix i was asking for is.
    the kind when one char runs way after the others even if same class. happens not all time and not sure for how to fix that.
    that kinda small issues

Quote Originally Posted by mugg70 View Post
    hey ..
    was hoping to not spend more then around 600 euro.
    so the idea of running 8 on one pc at low resolution might be the best idea.
    Stuffs ive already have is case, 2gb graphic card, harddrive, and powersupply.
    so hints on what processor, motherboard, amount of ram, and maybe another graphic card later on.

and most of all its should be able to handle legion when they release it.
    You want to build two computers to run 4 characters each on 600 Euro?

Quote Originally Posted by mugg70 View Post
    o.. and the issues or tips and trix i was asking for is.
    the kind when one char runs way after the others even if same class. happens not all time and not sure for how to fix that.
    that kinda small issues
    Different topics belong in different threads. This is the hardware forum and you're asking about a computer build, not for tips and tricks on how to play your characters. Please open a separate thread for that.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I'd be surprised if you could 5-box PVP worth a damn on 600 euro...
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

seems its gonna cost more to get it work out fine ?.
    What should i be aiming for in hardware to get a 5box pc in legion ?
    I7 6400k ?
    32 gb memory ?
    4 gb graphic card ?

if i get this right ill know more what to aim for

I 5box with
    I7 3770
    16gb mem
    2 x 970 4gb card over 2 monitors @ 1920x 1080 in high rez, 62 fps main / 30 fps others

I have no problems ,

What a diffrence
    all parts putted togheter and works way better then before.. now the clients dont load for hours
    i5820+msi x99+16gb
    And next upgrade will be the graphic card. and damn might have to buy one more screen too..