Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 46

Are you running 4 UE DHs or 3 UE & A zDPS?

Are you running 4 UE DHs or 3 UE & A zDPS?

So far I have enough stuff to get 2 of my 4 with UE, I have another one that is missing a Yang's and 1 pc of UE then the last one ... only 2 PCs of UE. I was thinking about maybe specing him for zDPS because funny enough he has almost all that stuff. Right now I had until last night just been running 4 Marauders, but then at the end of the night switched to 2 UE & 2 Marauders and clear speed when up greatly.

4 UE DPS, no zDPS. Wasn't planning on pushing high GR with DHs. Played seasons only to get my stash tab. Going back to non season now to test the meta. 4 UE will do GR70 fairly easy with Para 500+ and just a few ancients. I only had 2 suboptimal ancient Yangs and a few pieces here and there. No caldisan's on any piece of armor (wasn't planning on staying long), no hellfire amulets either.

Also, for a 4x DH party, it makes little sense to me, to have 1 of them to be a zDPS. I rather have all 4 be DPS and just have a few "support" features on 1-2 of them without losing so much party DPS:
    • Companion Wolf: 2 DHs can have full uptime of it. Not like there are many skills to replace it, maybe Shadow Power but don't think it will add much. DH #3 can have Boar so u get some nice life regen and all res too.
    • Marked for Death: your 4th DH can have this instead of Companion. Sure u will miss the 20% debuff from a zDPS when stacking Calamity MfD but u get far more DPS with a Yang.
    • Multishot Windchill: have 1 DH run this with Cold damage on bracers/amulet.
    • Numbing Traps: Have the Cold DH use this passive.
    • Thrill of the Hunt: Any DH can have this.
    • Iceblink Gem: Cold DH can have this.
    • Toxin Gem: Any DH can have this.
    • Senty Guardian Turret: Pretty much the only skill u will kinda miss, but with a party of 4 DHs, is not like u will stay in 1 place without moving in order to benefit from this. Sure u can have up to 5 sentries, but I rather play from a very long range and move a lot.

It makes more sense to have a zDPS DH for a mixed party IMO, not much for 4x DHs. Prolly a better choice would be a SMK Zuni WD. But even then, just pure DPS DHs should be able to do GR80s with decent gear (Para 800+, ancient weapons, 70+ gems, caldisans, hellfire amulets, etc.).
    Last edited by Devile : 05-09-2016 at 04:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    4 UE DPS, no zDPS. Wasn't planning on pushing high GR with DHs. Played seasons only to get my stash tab. Going back to non season now to test the meta. 4 UE will do GR70 fairly easy with Para 500+ and just a few ancients. I only had 2 suboptimal ancient Yangs and a few pieces here and there. No caldisan's on any piece of armor (wasn't planning on staying long), no hellfire amulets either.

Also, for a 4x DH party, it makes little sense to me, to have 1 of them to be a zDPS. I rather have all 4 be DPS and just have a few "support" features on 1-2 of them without losing so much party DPS:
    • Companion Wolf: 2 DHs can have full uptime of it. Not like there are many skills to replace it, maybe Shadow Power but don't think it will add much. DH #3 can have Boar so u get some nice life regen and all res too.
    • Marked for Death: your 4th DH can have this instead of Companion. Sure u will miss the 20% debuff from a zDPS when stacking Calamity MfD but u get far more DPS with a Yang.
    • Multishot Windchill: have 1 DH run this with Cold damage on bracers/amulet.
    • Numbing Traps: Have the Cold DH use this passive.
    • Thrill of the Hunt: Any DH can have this.
    • Iceblink Gem: Cold DH can have this.
    • Toxin Gem: Any DH can have this.
    • Senty Guardian Turret: Pretty much the only skill u will kinda miss, but with a party of 4 DHs, is not like u will stay in 1 place without moving in order to benefit from this. Sure u can have up to 5 sentries, but I rather play from a very long range and move a lot.

It makes more sense to have a zDPS DH for a mixed party IMO, not much for 4x DHs. Prolly a better choice would be a SMK Zuni WD. But even then, just pure DPS DHs should be able to do GR80s with decent gear (Para 800+, ancient weapons, 70+ gems, caldisans, hellfire amulets, etc.).
    Cool thank you very much for your time in answering me. This is the first time I have played a DH so its all kind of new to me. Enjoying them so far though. How would be the best way to stagger the Wolf buffs to give 100% uptime?

You should call wolf when your elemments ring procs same as the rest. Remember to have oculus on one of them to boost dmg even more. Anyway I was forced to go for wizz as guild dont have any active. So atm from solo 75+ dh I need to go for Wizz setup. Its early season then I still can play around to see what will be best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathen View Post
    Cool thank you very much for your time in answering me. This is the first time I have played a DH so its all kind of new to me. Enjoying them so far though. How would be the best way to stagger the Wolf buffs to give 100% uptime?
    Just research about ROUND ROBIN. This is prolly the most useful feature in IsBoxer. Basically u define a keymap that will cast a spell in order between the chars you select. For example, in this case Wolf will rotate from DH #1 to DH #2. Assuming you have 33.37% CDR or higher, u will have 10 secs of Wolf downtime on each DH. If you round robin Wolf for those 2 DHs, whenever you press Wolf, it will only send the keystroke to DH #1 for those 10 secs. Once the 10 secs are over, if u press Wolf again, it will send the keystroke to DH #2 now, so on and so forth. Since the skill has a 10 secs duration and 10 secs cooldown, rotating between 2 DHs every 10 secs will give you 100% uptime of the buff.

That way you can have perma uptime of several party buffs and not need to have the exact same skills for all 4 chars. For example with 4 Barbs, u can have 2 Barbs with WarCries and Chilanik Belts to have perma 40% movement speed, and 2 Barbs with Ignore Pain Mob Rule with Pride of Cassius for perma Ignore Pain. No need to have all 4 Barbs with WarCry or Ignore Pain. Without round robin, you have straight keymaps that execute the same skill at the same time for all chars. Round Robin changes that and lets u create sequences and send keys to specific chars after specific times. No need to worry about CoE with this.

I've been reading reddit lately and this TalRasha Archon build just did GR103:

http://www.d3planner.com/598568969

Sure Para 3000+ but still seems very strong and I like Archon a lot more than stupid twister stacking on walls. It's a matter of changing a few skills (teleport, illusionist, etc.) and may work. Seems stronger that Firebird's Archon.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-10-2016 at 01:25 PM

Just research about ROUND ROBIN. This is prolly the most useful feature in IsBoxer. Basically u define a keymap that will cast a spell in order between the chars you select. For example, in this case Wolf will rotate from DH #1 to DH #2. Assuming you have 33.37% CDR or higher, u will have 10 secs of Wolf downtime on each DH. If you round robin Wolf for those 2 DHs, whenever you press Wolf, it will only send the keystroke to DH #1 for those 10 secs. Once the 10 secs are over, if u press Wolf again, it will send the keystroke to DH #2 now, so on and so forth. Since the skill has a 10 secs duration and 10 secs cooldown, rotating between 2 DHs every 10 secs will give you 100% uptime of the buff.

That way you can have perma uptime of several party buffs and not need to have the exact same skills for all 4 chars. For example with 4 Barbs, u can have 2 Barbs with WarCries and Chilanik Belts to have perma 40% movement speed, and 2 Barbs with Ignore Pain Mob Rule with Pride of Cassius for perma Ignore Pain. No need to have all 4 Barbs with WarCry or Ignore Pain. Without round robin, you have straight keymaps that execute the same skill at the same time for all chars. Round Robin changes that and lets u create sequences and send keys to specific chars after specific times. No need to worry about CoE with this.

I've been reading reddit lately and this TalRasha Archon build just did GR103:

http://www.d3planner.com/598568969

Sure Para 3000+ but still seems very strong and I like Archon a lot more than stupid twister stacking on walls. It's a matter of changing a few skills (teleport, illusionist, etc.) and may work. Seems stronger that Firebird's Archon.

I'm not too sure I agree with that as far as fast rift clears go, but it may be a bit tankier due to tals set. It doesn't seem to have that great burst damage from watching the video.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Just research about ROUND ROBIN. (...), it will only send the keystroke to DH #1 for those 10 secs. Once the 10 secs are over, if u press Wolf again, it will send the keystroke to DH #2 now, so on and so forth. Since the skill has a 10 secs duration and 10 secs cooldown, rotating between 2 DHs every 10 secs will give you 100% uptime of the buff. (...)
    Eventually you can have your mouse programmed with a loop that hits this key every second, but IsBoxer will only allow this keystroke to move to character #2 after 10 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I'm not too sure I agree with that as far as fast rift clears go, but it may be a bit tankier due to tals set. It doesn't seem to have that great burst damage from watching the video.
    I haven't tested it yet, but feedback seems positive. Some ppl getting a bit higher than with FB. I like a lot the fact that it's tankier. I wanna try 3 wizards + support Crusader, see how that works. Wasn't very familiar with Chantodo's, but this kinda cleared a few things that didn't make sense to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/com...ting_from_one/

I haven't tested it yet, but feedback seems positive. Some ppl getting a bit higher than with FB. I like a lot the fact that it's tankier. I wanna try 3 wizards + support Crusader, see how that works. Wasn't very familiar with Chantodo's, but this kinda cleared a few things that didn't make sense to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/com...ting_from_one/
    That was a good video, it also means that it scales off of int. So if you can't get a 1% less arcane than fire roll (EX my APD are amazing but have 16% fire) i have to choose between 15% arcane (which is hard to get) or just int on my amulet.

That being said the tals wizard spec is basically LoN bombardment in playstyle. Get 20 stack chantodo's, turn into archon for 3 ticks then wait another 30 seconds or so for another archon.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P