Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Showing results 41 to 46 of 46

Yep, u need 1% less of Arcane damage and the rest in Fire for Firebird's to do Fire damage and Arcane to maximize your Chantodo's damage.

But then, if that's the case, why not stack Arcane Damage instead of Cold for the TalRasha spec? Prolly cause of Teleport Calamity and he already has Arcane covered? But since we won't be using teleport, might as well do Arcane Damage with archon and just use something else to get the Cold Damage with Frost Nova instead of teleport and get all 4 Tal's stacks. Something like:

http://www.d3planner.com/131660773

Not sure if Frozen Mist will proc APD since it no longer freezes and I believe Halo of Arlyse inherits Frost Nova's rune.

PS: It doesn't. Only Frozen Mist gives you a Tal's stack but if u use it, say good bye to APD cause it won't proc the buff. Algo, procs don't proc other effects, so Halo of Arlyse novas wont proc Meteors nor give Tal's stacks so its useless anyway.

I don't understand much why this build is good. U lose all stacks in like 8 secs after casting Archon. So best case scenario: u will get keep 4 stacks during 8 secs and then 1 stack during the other 12 secs Archon lasts, not to mention u get very few meteors cause u are using a single element during Archon. My guess is that Vyr's is what actually gives u the damage (all Archon runes) and u can stay in Archon form more often (20 secs less cooldown). Also it provides more survivability while not in Archon form because of Tal's stacks + The Swami + Orb of Infinite Depth. Also, u need to time your CoE so u go into Archon right before the phase so u maximize your damage.

U also dont have to rely on procs to get into Archon faster, which is far more consistent. U dont rely on AP either, which can be annoying with RGs that dont spawn adds. Overall, seems ok, but Firebird's numbers look much much better. Guess those "small" benefits add up and make it compete or even beat Firebird's.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-11-2016 at 06:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Yep, u need 1% less of Arcane damage and the rest in Fire for Firebird's to do Fire damage and Arcane to maximize your Chantodo's damage.

But then, if that's the case, why not stack Arcane Damage instead of Cold for the TalRasha spec? Prolly cause of Teleport Calamity and he already has Arcane covered? But since we won't be using teleport, might as well do Arcane Damage with archon and just use something else to get the Cold Damage with Frost Nova instead of teleport and get all 4 Tal's stacks. Something like:

Not sure if Frozen Mist will proc APD since it no longer freezes and I believe Halo of Arlyse inherits Frost Nova's rune.

PS: It doesn't. Only Frozen Mist gives you a Tal's stack but if u use it, say good bye to APD cause it won't proc the buff. Algo, procs don't proc other effects, so Halo of Arlyse novas wont proc Meteors nor give Tal's stacks so its useless anyway.

I don't understand much why this build is good. U lose all stacks in like 8 secs after casting Archon. So best case scenario: u will get keep 4 stacks during 8 secs and then 1 stack during the other 12 secs Archon lasts, not to mention u get very few meteors cause u are using a single element during Archon. My guess is that Vyr's is what actually gives u the damage (all Archon runes) and u can stay in Archon form more often (20 secs less cooldown). Also it provides more survivability while not in Archon form because of Tal's stacks + The Swami + Orb of Infinite Depth. Also, u need to time your CoE so u go into Archon right before the phase so u maximize your damage.

U also dont have to rely on procs to get into Archon faster, which is far more consistent. U dont rely on AP either, which can be annoying with RGs that dont spawn adds. Overall, seems ok, but Firebird's numbers look much much better. Guess those "small" benefits add up and make it compete or even beat Firebird's.
    Only the first 3 pulses of chantodo's deal absurd damage and that is what this build focuses on (this takes less than 8 seconds to occur). Also the teleport rune in archon is baseline calamity, you use safe passage otherwise. That means that you scale it based on arcane only because of that, but because vyr's gives all runes you should be able to scale it properly with all elements.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

I'm gonna try to 3x Wizards + support Crusader and see how I do:

http://www.d3planner.com/178609251

Tal'Rasha Archon stacking pure Cold but with Fire Hydras which will give me 2 meteors instead of just 1 and some more DPS since they last 15 secs and u keep getting meteors after being casted. Support Crusader won't give much but Wings of Angels, but may be enough for fast 80s or even higher, who knows. I'll report my findings It's gonna take some time to get used to this since u need to time CoE, Hydras, Chantodo's, BlackHole (stack damage when there's good density) and keep Tal's stacks (this one is easy at least).
    Last edited by Devile : 05-12-2016 at 02:54 PM

I have a small video for you guys... I know you're going to hate me...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    I have a small video for you guys... I know you're going to hate me...
    Cheater! Report!
    Amazing, I didn't have something like this even at PTR, where 2000% drop chance. What is your secret?
    Last edited by woloss : 05-15-2016 at 10:21 AM

Well I can't be unlucky all the time. As a reminder, I never got an ancien Twister Sword so...

Season 6 over by the way. I had to re-roll 4x DH, didn't took too long with some luck, as you can see