Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Question Healing setup UI and Click Bars

I recently started a mixed 5-box and I've been leveling up. My initial setup was fine for a time but now I've reached a point where I need to consider changing some things. Of particular note is my Healing setup.

I made a setup that was functional for my resto druid healer but I've hit a point where more difficult content has revealed some of the flaws with the setup.

Most notably with all my resto spells I have to make use of CTRL, Shift and Alt modifers to get everything and I am forgetful as to which combo performs which spell sometimes resulting in a moment of indecision as I try to remember what to press. In addition I may on occasion press one of those keys which result in something unintended happening. Alt typically being my modifier to control my slaves.

I am currently considering alternate means which avoid that issue and want to get ideas as to what others have done.

My current idea involves using clickbars with the images split like Name:  awOeEyY.png
Views: 308
Size:  9.3 KB

to both help me remember what to press and to prevent the issue with modifers.

A note I use a Pro Setup with macros born of the ISboxer macro manager

This is basically what I've been doing, though I don't split my bars. Seems like this setup is close to what you're after, with the only real difference being some graphics on the clickbar rather than a transparent overlay over the healthbars.

Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    This is basically what I've been doing, though I don't split my bars. Seems like this setup is close to what you're after, with the only real difference being some graphics on the clickbar rather than a transparent overlay over the healthbars.
    That's close to what I currently have. However needing to press Shift, Ctrl and Alt to get more than the rejuv and regrowth cause some unwanted issues and I forget what some of my abilities are bound to. Since I drive from my tank I'm looking at alternatives. While I could fix the issue with forgetting the binds with practice the issue with accidentally sending my slaves somewhere they shouldn't be would still be an issue.

after looking around I'm considering a method of using Healium since that is close to what I was thinking on doing anyway and has the added benefit of requiring less setup time. I'm about to see if that'll work for how I want to use it.

If you have a healing addon, setting up click-through repeater/VideoFX regions does work. I do this on my healers in some of my setups with Clique. It does require modifiers once you're out of mouse buttons.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Yeah. I was initially going to use clique but I was able and ended up doing the same thing through ISboxer and mouseover macros.

Problems comes up when I press down alt, ctrl or shift to cast something while also pressing something to manage me dudes and they drop what they should be doing to do something silly.

Right now Healium has the issues of not allowing you to sort the frames causing the character to be at the top or chose to track spells not your own.

I feel like there's positives and negatives to the two methods. Making the Click bars to emulate the idea would be quicker them actually changing the addon to have the features I want but in theory the increased time spent could result in a better addon overall. Such would allow me to LFR with my team without needing to change anything in my isboxer setup and if I setup some sort of jamba integration I could make bringing in a new healer potentially very easy.

Big issue there is that while I am proficient at coding/scripting I've never touched Lua or the WoW API before.

Honestly at this point I'm thinking out loud.

Edit: nevermind I figured out VFX
    Last edited by Yandere : 04-28-2016 at 11:31 AM

Blog Entries

I'd suggest building a passive healing rotation that doesn't run you oom, plus just one or two mouseover heals (I like mousewheel down for a hot, and middle mouse click for a "flash" heal).

http://www.dual-boxing.com/entries/9...-Healing-Druid might help you get started.